Thread: (FOUND) Stolen 2012 KTM RC8R Black/Orange

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Stolen 2012 KTM RC8R Black/Orange

AWESOME! Glad to see it came back relatively unscathed, sans the ignition replacement. I might have to look into a nice alarm/immobilizer, just as extra defense. There is hope after all. Luckily most thieves are probably stupid enough to get caught. It's the smart ones that suck most.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
    Frank, is that you? You do realize that knee-jerk reactions like that are a recipe for idiocy and tragedy, right? Maybe someone was just looking for a lost pet or bag of Skittles...
    Yes yes, of course. Having been online and active on several forums for 2+ decades, I pretty much have gotten comfortable (too comfortable?) enough, to say a lot of stuff assuming people will realize that I err on the side of common sense first and foremost. NOT actually believing that every alleged looter that might be possibly innocent, be shot on sight immediately, rather than actual "questioning and investigation", then arrest, etc.

Now, see how much I had to explain, rather than just assume people don't think I want cops to go on a shooting rampage willy-nilly? In your defense though, yes the general public can really be that stupid, ugh.
    Last edited by Ghosty; Sat Jul 14th, 2012 at 03:59 PM.
    '08 Yamaha R1 (black), mostly stock. Past bikes: '98 VFR-800 (red), '01 CBR-929RR (white/red), '05 Yamaha R6 (white), '08 Yamaha R1 (blue).
    '94 Supra Turbo 6spd. (black), BUILT motor/head, CompTurbo CT43-xx, '69 Dodge Coronet SuperBee tribute, 440/520 SixPack stroker, auto.