Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Hey, the government knows best

Re: Hey, the government knows best

You make that call yet? I want to be here when Animal Control shows.

Gold Member

I sure we can both agree it was a empty threat. Even if it hadnt been im sure with you being a lawyer it wouldnt be hard to fight it. No need to waste tax money. So hows lemon law treating you? Do you do much in the way of fdca??

Quote Originally Posted by #1Townie View Post
    I sure we can both agree it was a empty threat. Even if it hadnt been im sure with you being a lawyer it wouldnt be hard to fight it. No need to waste tax money. So hows lemon law treating you? Do you do much in the way of fdca??
    Lemon law is coming back. It was shit for a while when the auto industry collapsed. Nobody buying cars means no lemons.

FDCPA? Yeah I do some. Buddy of mine kind of owns the market, but I file some. Sue car dealers a lot on financing stuff.

Gold Member

Yeah same thing with repo for the past few years. Its funny how people think we are not affected by the markets.

You should look into more of the debt act. Its amazing how very few people follow it. Its one of the biggest things i teach to newbs. So many repo guys just run around like there are no laws. It drives me nuts!!

Local jerk Yearly Supporter

You are a lawyer? You're practically the devil nothing you say can be trusted.

practically?

Gold Member

Quote Originally Posted by grim View Post
    You are a lawyer? You're practically the devil nothing you say can be trusted.
    Yup and his name should be dick. Lol. A dick thats a lawyer. But he rides so i guess its a little better.

Hope you have a good sense of humar.

Local jerk Yearly Supporter

Quote Originally Posted by koop View Post
    Lemon law is coming back. It was shit for a while when the auto industry collapsed. Nobody buying cars means no lemons.

FDCPA? Yeah I do some. Buddy of mine kind of owns the market, but I file some. Sue car dealers a lot on financing stuff.
    Yup and his name should be dick. Lol. A dick thats a lawyer. But he rides so i guess its a little better.

Hope you have a good sense of humar.
    I'm sure his humore is as good as his humar.

Gold Member

Hahaha fucking townie and his spelling.

Ghosty- The thing of it is all these owners aren't "raising vicious attack dogs" they aren't Michael Vick. They are poor schmucks who believe their dog would never do anything like what the media is making up.
    Ok, point taken there, for the very rare cases where a dog (any breed) that has always been fine, not raised to be vicious, but then suddenly turns on the owner one day.

The other 99% (or whatever percent) of the time, it's the way the dog was raised by prior or current owner, imo.
    '08 Yamaha R1 (black), mostly stock. Past bikes: '98 VFR-800 (red), '01 CBR-929RR (white/red), '05 Yamaha R6 (white), '08 Yamaha R1 (blue).
    '94 Supra Turbo 6spd. (black), BUILT motor/head, CompTurbo CT43-xx, '69 Dodge Coronet SuperBee tribute, 440/520 SixPack stroker, auto.

Yeah same thing with repo for the past few years. Its funny how people think we are not affected by the markets.

You should look into more of the debt act. Its amazing how very few people follow it. Its one of the biggest things i teach to newbs. So many repo guys just run around like there are no laws. It drives me nuts!!
    I like FDCPA but to do it right you have to do volume and I'm not a big fan of volume practice. FDCPA doesn't usually apply to repo guys. There is a certain fact situation it may but I've never seen it.

Gold Member

I like FDCPA but to do it right you have to do volume and I'm not a big fan of volume practice. FDCPA doesn't usually apply to repo guys. There is a certain fact situation it may but I've never seen it.
    No most of it does. We are exempt from some of it as we are not trying to gain access to bank account info.

But yeah i can understand repo is tough to find good clients to get paper from.

If you think it does then I encourage you to comply.

Gold Member

Already do. Plus it makes it a little more fun. Lol

Detroit ghetto trash rapper "Calicoe", gets busted for dog fighting operation, posted on Youtube, oops:

http://www.cnn.com/video/?hpt=hp_t2#...o-fbi-raid.cnn

Hope they find homes for those Pits.
    '08 Yamaha R1 (black), mostly stock. Past bikes: '98 VFR-800 (red), '01 CBR-929RR (white/red), '05 Yamaha R6 (white), '08 Yamaha R1 (blue).
    '94 Supra Turbo 6spd. (black), BUILT motor/head, CompTurbo CT43-xx, '69 Dodge Coronet SuperBee tribute, 440/520 SixPack stroker, auto.

Gold Member

Poor dogs. People fucking suck.

Then you get this dumbass Pitbull owner in Parker today. Not securing his dog, so it runs out a neighbor's door and kills an innocent little dog:

http://www.9news.com/news/article/27...-dog-in-Parker

This kinda shit is what contributes to Pitbull bans. Thank you idiots.

Gold Member

Damn.... yeah my pup is a escape artist. Took weeks to get the backyard to the point he couldnt get out anymore. Im lucky because all he would do is come to the front door and start barking.