Quote Originally Posted by tecknojoe View Post
Man if we had Verizon FIOS out here it would make things better. They are a massive competator out in the DC area and their service trumps comcast. When one of the companies started to get out of hand and increase prices too much, you just do your annual call and haggle the price back down. I think when I left we were paying ~$115/month for great internet and all channels except HBO and such

I just wish comcast had a major competator out here

Yep, back in MI I paid $70-$80 a month for whatever the fastest Internet they had at the time, HD, plus a DVR, and HBO. I come out here and was able to get that price for two years then they called my bluff and I followed through and ditched cable. (They also would lock me into a price in MI for a year non of this 6month crap) I do have 20MB High speed internet here...funny where we lived in MI they always upped you to the fastest there was no 1MB or 10mb service...LOL

HD antenna service not bad. I use torrents for TV shows, we do have Amazon Prime now so watching some stuff through that by way of the PS3.

I buy lots of movies (yes I download them too to try :-P, to much crap to justify buying them all). Even with all this...we don't watch much TV, Two and Half Men while in bed, news and that is it typically.

I wish Verizon had FIOS here, I always check every few years.