Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: And Another One Bites the Dust

Re: And Another One Bites the Dust

Holy shit! Glad you lived. Hope you get some good meds, that rash looks PAINFUL, ugh.
    '08 Yamaha R1 (black), mostly stock. Past bikes: '98 VFR-800 (red), '01 CBR-929RR (white/red), '05 Yamaha R6 (white), '08 Yamaha R1 (blue).
    '94 Supra Turbo 6spd. (black), BUILT motor/head, CompTurbo CT43-xx, '69 Dodge Coronet SuperBee tribute, 440/520 SixPack stroker, auto.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghosty View Post
    Holy shit! Glad you lived. Hope you get some good meds, that rash looks PAINFUL, ugh.
    Haha thats not his rash thats my ass rash from last summer. my ass was introduced to cheap seal pavement at 55mph. fucking aweome
    Ride To Live

81' CB900f... the oldy
    11' CRF250R..FOR SALE
    74' MR50......the mini
    87' VFR700...the daily ride

Business in the front, party in the back! CYCLE_MONKEY's Avatar
    The white section of Aurora (Tallyn's Reach)

Quote Originally Posted by maktastik_jr. View Post
    Haha thats not his rash thats my ass rash from last summer. my ass was introduced to cheap seal pavement at 55mph. fucking aweome
    Holy shit a post from Big Bill! How ya been bro?

Oh, and sorry to hear the OP had a run-in with a deer. Sux man, hope you heal up soon and get a new bike!
    --------------------------------------------------
    "...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag. We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language...and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."

-Theodore Roosevelt 1907
    Blu/Wht '01 Gixxer 1K, '91 KX500
    Tokin' SortaTalian
    (Pronounced: Kind-A-Dago)

[QUOTE=CYCLE_MONKEY;692618]Holy shit a post from Big Bill! How ya been bro?/QUOTE]
    haha this is big bill junior, spawn of bird himself. i just stole his sig pic
    Ride To Live

81' CB900f... the oldy
    11' CRF250R..FOR SALE
    74' MR50......the mini
    87' VFR700...the daily ride

Business in the front, party in the back! CYCLE_MONKEY's Avatar
    The white section of Aurora (Tallyn's Reach)

[QUOTE=maktastik_jr.;692622]
    Quote Originally Posted by CYCLE_MONKEY View Post
    Holy shit a post from Big Bill! How ya been bro?/QUOTE]
    haha this is big bill junior, spawn of bird himself. i just stole his sig pic
    Ahhh....well, hope Da Man hizzself is doin' fine!
    "...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag. We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language...and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."

-Theodore Roosevelt 1907
    Blu/Wht '01 Gixxer 1K, '91 KX500
    Tokin' SortaTalian
    (Pronounced: Kind-A-Dago)

Update
    Healing goes well. Should be back to work on Wednesday.

Picked up new gear over the weekend. Jacket was still serviceable and safe despite some newly applied "character" marks, so I saved some money there (and still got paid by insurance for it!). Lookin' at a bike tomorrow.

New gear:
    HELMET--Scorpion EXO-500...Scorpion's helmets have saved my life on at least one occasion, and certainly my face on both. Full face helmets for the win. 3/4 just never would have cut in either of my wrecks.
    GLOVES--Scorpion SG full gauntlets...no more shorties for me. A full gauntlet glove would have saved me a puncture wound on my right wrist.
    PANTS--Scorption Deuce...that actually fit great as strict pants (not overpants), eliminating any excuse for me not to wear them. I still have leather overpants for winter riding.
    BOOTS--Icon Reign...nice tall upper and armor for support and protection should (yet another) future incident occur.

I've always been an advocate of riding gear. But I've not always implemented it appropriately (not having actual proper boots, just work boots). No more. I'm absolutely ATTGATT from here on out, no exceptions. If I'd had my leather pants on and actual motorcycle riding boots on 3 weeks ago, I'm convinced I wouldn't have missed more than a day of work. As it is, I've been in Suckville.

And one last measure that I'm taking: I signed up for the Oct. 13th Intermediate Rider Course with ABATE at Red Rocks Community College next month. At my current level, I don't believe there's anything I could have done differently to avoid that deer 3 weeks ago (and God knows it's gone through my head a million times now). But I also believe there's room for me to improve so that I CAN avoid it in the future.

Anyway...I still don't have pics yet (been lazy on the couch, sue me!), but I'll get some up soon.

One last thing: Let It Ride on Colfax (couple blocks from G-Force) is just awesome. Tons of apparel, decent selection of boots and helmets (though I had to have my helmet ordered), and awesome folks running the place. They've got Grand Prix beat by miles. Definitely worth the trip for me from where I'm at in Littleton even though Grand Prix is much closer.
    Last edited by Darth Do'Urden; Tue Sep 4th, 2012 at 12:31 AM.
    2016 Hyundai Veloster
    2007 SV650...NAKED!
    2007 MINI Cooper (sayonara, you piece of garbage)
    2002 Acura TL Type-S (Sold)
    2003 Triumph Speed Triple...NAKED! (DECEASED)
    2000 Suzuki SV650...NAKED! (DECEASED)
    2004 Kawasaki Ninja 250 (Sold)
    ~Kyle