Quote Originally Posted by kawasakirob View Post
How many miles do you put on per year?
Per year? Honestly I've never paid attention to my annual miles. I've noticed when I have a bike, I find every excuse to ride it.

So in theory I'd be putting on probably 90 miles / week going to work once a week RT minimum... plus now that I don't take the kids to TKD since we had to switch days I would likely ride there 2-3 times a week so that'd be about 15 miles per day RT there... my weekly socializing at trivia night - that's about another 30 miles RT... then my randomized social outings on weekends or such or maybe even to photo shoots... and of course maybe the occasional weekend canyon bashing ride...

I don't know what that adds up to but in the brief period I owned my '03 Aprilia I put on almost 8000 miles in 7 months - but I also was riding it pretty much every waking moment possible.

Quote Originally Posted by texlurch View Post
Pretty wide variety of bikes if you are looking for them to do the same thing

I would choose the ZX12R over the Busa just on looks and character and exclusivity.
Yeah... never considered the ZX12 as an option. No joy for my taste in bikes.

Quote Originally Posted by JonnyD View Post
I know this, being realistic about my riding never accounted for getting the bike that moves the soul. I was a solid 3-4k a year person until I got my RC51 last year. I put 10k on it last year, and have dropped off a little but am already at about 5k this year. When you find something that moves you, you will adapt
Bingo!

Quote Originally Posted by Grant H. View Post
My vote goes to either the GSXR 750 (04's look great) or the s1000rr.

I have spent a lot of time on the 04 gixxer 750. Comfortable. Plenty of power. Handles great. Etc.

The s1000rr gets my vote because they have some awesome features, reviews, and are comfortable for me to sit on.
The GSXR750 was a potential option but honestly I'm something of a Eurosnob first and foremost - so it didn't even make it to the baseline list.

Quote Originally Posted by kawasakirob View Post
Out of the bikes mentioned, and the low miles you will be putting on, my vote go's to the 999.
Honestly after sitting on one finally - I find that bike moving higher and higher up the list as a favorite. I'd place it in the top 3 of the remaining at the moment. Obviously riding one will be of critical importance because I need to understand how those ultra-narrow ergos feel in motion, etc considering I've only ridden one Duc (Monster 620) in my life and that dry clutch thing scared the crap out of me the first time I shifted to be honest (but OMG was that torque something beyond impressive!)