I know you and I have had this discussion before, but that was back when it was still in the planning phase. Now that it is a reality, I may actually know of an XR400 for sale that would meet all your needs. It is great for the trails, decent on the street and it's an air cooled, carb'ed Honda so it will last longer than you and it has plenty of power.

If the XR is a no-go, then I would suggest any of the bigger Yamaha WR's, like the 400, 426 or 450. The older WR's seem to have a "special" starting sequence, but once you figure it out and sacrafice a virgin chicken, you should be good to go.

I can't say enough good things about the KTM's. I am currently on an EXC 520 and it has been the best dirt/trail/part time road bike I have ever owned. It is light enough to handle the tightest single track, has enough suspension to jump higher than I ever care to go and has enough power to rip the front end off the ground in pretty much any gear simply by twisting the wrist. Also, the EXC has an "easy button" so you don't have to try and kick start it all the time, even though kick starting isn't that bad. Based on our past conversations, I think a KTM EXC 450/520/525 will suit you the best and satisfy your dirty dirty needs.