Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Michelin Pilot Road 3s

Re: Michelin Pilot Road 3s

You cant tell from the video if you watched it but yesterday while i was riding in the water I was riding pretty damn aggressively considering the conditions and i run PR3's on the DRZ.

Not once did they slip on me or give me any issues, I personally love them!

Quote Originally Posted by Grim2.0 View Post
    You cant tell from the video if you watched it but yesterday while i was riding in the water I was riding pretty damn aggressively considering the conditions and i run PR3's on the DRZ.

Not once did they slip on me or give me any issues, I personally love them!
    I get that these are supposed to be badass in the rain, but since I don't plan to ride rain/snow, I was hoping they are still good for street riding and canyons. The PR2 were supposed to be the best tire out there then the 3 came out. Want a good tire for my SV. Your SV have pr2 or pr3 by chance?
    2005 Suzuki SV650s Blue (SOLD), 2005 Kawasaki Ninja 636 Lime Green

Quote Originally Posted by UHATEIT View Post
    I get that these are supposed to be badass in the rain, but since I don't plan to ride rain/snow, I was hoping they are still good for street riding and canyons. The PR2 were supposed to be the best tire out there then the 3 came out. Want a good tire for my SV. Your SV have pr2 or pr3 by chance?
    The SV is running Q2's The PR3's handle dry pavement just fine.

Gold Member Yearly Supporter

Just put PR3's on there you will be much happier with them. But it seems you are trying to talk yourself into the 2's.... I run a 2 on the rear of my DRZ. I usually go through a rear every 1500-2000 miles. The pr2 has 2000 on it now and will easily last another season! And wholly shit does it stick!
    2015 R1200GS
    03 & 11 XR-50 pit bike
    07 & 08 DRZ 400SM
    06 FJR 1300
    70 SL 350
    75 MT 250

Quote Originally Posted by sloridr View Post
    Just put PR3's on there you will be much happier with them. But it seems you are trying to talk yourself into the 2's.... I run a 2 on the rear of my DRZ. I usually go through a rear every 1500-2000 miles. The pr2 has 2000 on it now and will easily last another season! And wholly shit does it stick!

You also do burnouts

Senior Member Moderator

I run PR2s on mine and I have no complaints at all. They've done everything I've asked of them without issue. Fact is, I've seen Clovis do crazier shit than I would ever do on PR2s and he's mostly intact, with the exception that his FJR is a death trap. I highly doubt you will ever find a reason on the street to push yourself beyond what these tires can handle. Also, last season I got caught in the rain more often than not, the PR2s worked perfectly fine. I would assume that the extra rain sipings on the PR3 makes them that much better.

Aside from the sipings, the PR3 is only slightly different from the PR2 in that the front has a larger side section than the PR2s, but they both have a soft, grippy compound on the sides. Just a harder compound on the top to extend tire life for tourers and commuters. Some riders could be nervous using PR2s-3s for spirited rides due to the transition point between compounds on the tire, but, in actuality, all of the Pilot Power tires are dual-compound as well. As I mentioned earlier, I have not run into anything on the street that the PR2-3 can't handle.

PR2 Compound Profile:

PR3 Compound Profile:
    Last edited by Drano; Wed Apr 17th, 2013 at 12:06 AM.

That bike does secretly want to kill me.
    "If not us, who? If not now, when?"