Thread: Fay Meyers

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Fay Meyers

Any other shop would have done the same and treated you the same. Don't know why you are calling them out like they did something wrong???? I guess i see your point about the high estimate but everyone knows a dealer ship is not going to give you fair market value.

Quote Originally Posted by LordLosh View Post
    Any other shop would have done the same and treated you the same. Don't know why you are calling them out like they did something wrong???? I guess i see your point about the high estimate but everyone knows a dealer ship is not going to give you fair market value.
    I realize this. I know a dealership usually gives less than trade in value, but for less than half trade in? That is highway robbery! The guy even admitted it. The ONLY reason he wouldn't double the offer to trade in, which is still way low, was the time of the year, according to him.

Senior Member Yearly Supporter Nooch's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Oddibe View Post
    I realize this. I know a dealership usually gives less than trade in value, but for less than half trade in?
    When I was living in Indianapolis, I trailered my 2000 ZX6R all the way to Chicago to a BIG dealership that I thought would be more likely to give me a fair price. At the time, the bike had been valued around $5000. I got a bit lost on my way and I called them to say I would be a bit late. They stayed open about 10 minutes past their closing time for me and then offered me $1800 on the bike. When I declined, they actually berated me and tried to guilt me into selling it to them because they stayed late for me. That was the day I learned me lesson about selling a bike to a dealership.

I've never done any business with Fay, mostly because yours is not the first negative story I've heard about the place. But I've had no bad experiences so far with GForce, Colorado Powersports (Thornton) and Supertune. Even though none of those places are close to my home, I still travel the extra distance for good service.