Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: What tires do you run?

Re: What tires do you run?

Quote Originally Posted by BrianShaw View Post
    Still the direction I think I am going to go considering the price of gas. I plan on doing a lot of commuting, and when I go to ride in the canyon, at least 1/3 of the total ride will be on the highway to and from.

I expected it to be an isolated incident, but still made me scratch my head and wonder.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaos View Post
    No doubt....got worried for a second myself. I say go for it, the only complaint I have is the front tire is ugly!! haha
    That's why I went with the Road 2. Still crazy good on commuting, also does not look ugly like the 3 does. You will find nothing bad about the Road 2 either, it's only the model before the 3 and was already a ridiculously good tire in itself
    2005 Suzuki SV650s Blue (SOLD), 2005 Kawasaki Ninja 636 Lime Green

Looks to me like a serious suspension or geometry problem possibly mixed with wrong pressure tore that tire up from the picture it looks like the center tread is cupped pretty badly that will put some serious load on a tire I dont think you need to worry about tire defects with the pr3

As long as they were not the reason you crashed. What is the going rate to get these with installation? (120/60-17, 180/55-17).
    1998 Kawasaki ZX6R
    1973 Honda CL350 Cafe
    sold- 1978 Honda CB750 SuperSport
    sold- 2004 BMW R115R

Quote Originally Posted by BrianShaw View Post
    As long as they were not the reason you crashed. What is the going rate to get these with installation? (120/60-17, 180/55-17).
    I crashed with Pilot Powers that came on my bike, I his gravel in a lean and panic braked and then stood the bike up and went off the road, that was my noob mistake, Tires weren't the issue.

I just got Pilot Road 2 brand new at Fay Myers last Saturday and had them installed, my tires were worn out and came on the bike when I bought it.
    2005 Suzuki SV650s Blue (SOLD), 2005 Kawasaki Ninja 636 Lime Green

I'm not a fan of Michelin Power Pures AT ALL. I ran them last in 2011 and 2012 in both street and track situations as well as back to back against Power ONE's. Relative to the ONE, the Pures were MUCH more sluggish to turn in. My ZX12 is hard enough to turn, but the Pures made it that much harder. They also did not grip well relative to other tires I've had over the years. Anyone who's followed me around the street or track knows that the Pures basically just pour themselves onto the pavement with the slightest throttle application. I tried different pressures, adjusted the suspension, etc., but just could not get them too hook up. Maybe it's unfair to compare them to race DOT's, but the Pures just refused to grip for me whereas the ONE's rarely if ever slipped.

I'm running Pures in this video and you can tell them I'm sliding horribly out of every corner. You can even see long black streaks coming off in the exits to most corners.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7f6-NpRjN9c
    www.cocsba.com

'00 ZX12R
    '03 SV1000

Board Newbie

Shinko Apex's this season,
    First trackday of the season and I was impressed, although I did have to run some high pressures in the rear to feel stable (42 psi hot) anything below that or above that and I was walking the rear out of almost every hard twisty I came out of.

Q2 for hooligan mode
    Roadsmart II for touring

I am looking at the new Pilot Power 3.. may try them

Didn't like the compounds on the 2CT; in the TX heat they got greasy and slippery when very hot

Pilot Pure carcass was too soft and squirmy on my heavy bike; prob fine on a 600

BT016 had great grip, but I didn't have any feel from them at all. A real numb tire

The Roadsmarts, BT023 or Pilot Roads will work for 99% of riders

Q2 is my favorite backroad blaster tire right now.
    Only complaint is slightly heavier turn in, which a couple more PSI helps immensly.

And yes, I've tried quite a few brands, your results may vary!!
    2000 Zx-12R; 2007 GSXR 600 (bosses bike)
    2016 BMW R1200RS Granite FOG ride
    09 G8GT, 02 WJ

Pilot Road 3's on my previous bike: Speed Triple

Corsa's on my Street Triple R

Keeper of The Great White Buffalo

BT 003 I didn't realize there were any others.

Broker Associate RE/MAX Alliance
    A business built on referrals