Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: EDITED: SUNDAY SUNDAY SUNDAY August 4th AM - Route planning, Q&A, Sound Off

I'm pumped... Let's let the healing begin! Lifetime Supporter ~Barn~'s Avatar

Re: EDITED: SUNDAY SUNDAY SUNDAY August 4th AM - Route planning, Q&A, Sound Off

I'm out. Even though the odds of me getting called are slim [I'm on-call this weekend], I can't chance a client trying to reach me and me be unavailable. Sorry I was being a tease. =\
    Last edited by ~Barn~; Sun Aug 4th, 2013 at 12:08 PM.
    ~Brandon~
    Aprilia RSV 1000 R Factory - "Gemma"
    MV Agusta F3 800 - "Amy Lou"
    Rattan Fat Bear Plus - "Lynda"
    (720) 935-6438
    I rarely think of motorcycles without a little yearning. They are about moving, and humans, I think, yearn to move – it’s in our cells, in our desires. We quiet our babies with cyclic movement, and we quiet ourselves by going.
    Melissa Holbrook Pierson

Chocolate Thunder

Sorry Vance, apparently I overslept.

Quote Originally Posted by Vance View Post
    Well I certainly hope everyone that is a maybe can make it!

I'll be going KSU from home here in about 30 to head to Golden... see you all there.

Kerry
    Suzuki Gladius 650
    GSXR 750

Taste the rainbow...B*itch
    http://www.pajiba.com/videos/awesome...inbow-btch.php

I decided to run into the side of a car, somehow I am okay though

Quote Originally Posted by losermonkey View Post
    WTF?

Quote Originally Posted by losermonkey View Post
    Please tell me you did this on your feet and not on top of your bike....
    ~Brandon~
    (720) 935-6438
    I rarely think of motorcycles without a little yearning. They are about moving, and humans, I think, yearn to move – it’s in our cells, in our desires. We quiet our babies with cyclic movement, and we quiet ourselves by going.
    Melissa Holbrook Pierson

I can lie and say I wasn't on my bike. I don't really know how it happened, I wasn't going to fast, I was looking through the turn. The only thing I can really think of is that my hands were falling asleep so when it felt like I was pushing maybe I wasn't pushing as hard as I thought. My knee slider put a nice gash in the side of their car, the carbon on my knuckles is dented in, and my handle bars are a little tweaked. Other than that everything is okay.

Something happened with my Contour and it didn't record the impact. Kind of sad about that.
    Last edited by losermonkey; Sun Aug 4th, 2013 at 01:01 PM.
    "Chuck Norris would be proud of you for punching a car...and while doing a front endo too" - CHRISTIAN COWBOY

2012 Aprilia RSV4

Of course the one time I didn't have my GoPro, I was right behind you and coulda got the whole thing on video. Glad you managed to keep it upright after the hit. Good ride, other than that. My little group made it back without any issues. Hope the main group enjoyed their ice cream in Estes.
    --Dave
    2013 Honda VFR 1200F
    2014 Honda VFR800-SOLD
    2007 Honda VFR800-SOLD

2004 Kawasaki KLX300R

Other than getting stuck by tourists on golden gate and 119 it was fun leading till Lyons. Chip seal on 7 is perfect!!!

Glad you kept it upright losermonkey...

Vance hope you and the rest of the group made it home safely.
    Remember Yesterday. Plan For Tomorrow. Live For Today.

Current Stable:

'o5 SuzukiGSX-1oooR
    (Custom Street Fighter).
    'o6 Pitster Pro 50cc Pit Bike (125cc Big Bore Kit).

I'm more upset that I only got 30 minutes of footage from the whole ride than the fact that I hit someone. This is what my knee puck ended up doing to them.
    "Chuck Norris would be proud of you for punching a car...and while doing a front endo too" - CHRISTIAN COWBOY

2012 Aprilia RSV4

Chuck Norris would be proud of you for punching a car...and while doing a front endo too...Glad everyone was ok..
    signed,
    the guy with the bright yellow jacket on so everyone could see me..
    Last edited by CHRISTIAN COWBOY; Mon Aug 5th, 2013 at 07:22 AM. Reason: spelling
    When I die I want to go to Heaven, just don't want to do it real soon!!!

That was an excellent ride!(minus the car getting hit and the slow cagers that would not get out of the way) thank you Vance for putting this one together!
    05 SV 650-New baby
    01 Buell Blast-1st bike

For my first group ride and mountain ride, I had a blast. Thanks for letting my join ya guys. Also, would anyone mine if I put some clips of my video I took with my go-pro on youtube? There will be no faces shown.

Likewise, first time out here in CO and it was a good ride. No tickets and good times. Nice to meet you guys and thanks for putting it together.

-Kevin (KTM 690)

My first big group ride, I had lots of fun meeting and riding with all of you!! Look forward to the next go!

Quote Originally Posted by Half LLive View Post
    For my first group ride and mountain ride, I had a blast. Thanks for letting my join ya guys. Also, would anyone mine if I put some clips of my video I took with my go-pro on youtube? There will be no faces shown.
    Do it and post the link here!

Thanks for the fun, guys. Wish there weren't so many cars, but those roads were a pretty sweet! And sorry bout your wreck monkey, but at least you re ok! Scared the sh*t outta me, though...

btw, I was the guy on the black SV650. Hope to see y'all again!

I had a good time with you fellas...had to cut out in Lyons, happy to meet some new peeps..Got to see a RSV it truely is a nice bike....Monkey I am more than happy u r ok...keep the focus brorher them there mountains dont forgive much..if any...

Somewhere in the south suburbia of sprawl.

Thanks to everyone who showed for the ride --- and I am happy our only "MAJOR" mishap turned out to be minor in the grande scope of what a typical "bike impacts car" means these days! More importantly I'm glad you personally are okay Losermonkey. Bikes and cars can be fixed. DOAs cannot!

I'm still curious as to hear the story of what happened with the candy apple red Kawi and the Volvo which seemed to have resulted in no damage - but with both bike and car on the shoulder of the road.

But mishaps, close calls (including with police), and torment by a particular silver Cadillac from Florida aside --- in my humble opinion it was a very good ride for both experienced and noob alike!
    ...Verily, this vichyssoise of verbiage veers most verbose, so let me simply add that it's my very good honor to meet you and you may call me V.

Current Ride: 2005 Ducati ST3

The only thing I can really think of that happened is that both my hands were numb so maybe I wasn't pushing as hard as I thought I was. As someone in Lyons said "judging by your tires it looks like you know how to ride."

Anyway, thanks for the support, my hand is swollen pretty good today, but everything is fine.

I am definitely bringing my gopro on every group ride from now on. Thanks to vance for putting the ride together. 7 is a fun road. The only problem is that it is too short.

Monkey. There could be any number of reasons why it happened.
    1. rolling off the gas
    2. Tightening on the bars
    3. Narrowed and frantically hunting field of view
    4. fixed attention (on something)
    5. Steering in the direction of the fixed attention
    6. No steering (frozen) or ineffective (not quick enough or too early) steering
    7. Braking errors (both over-and under-braking)

Those are Keith Code's seven deadly reactions. Glad you are okay. It will buff out. Ice and ibuprofen.

Quote Originally Posted by Vance View Post

I'm still curious as to hear the story of what happened with the candy apple red Kawi and the Volvo which seemed to have resulted in no damage - but with both bike and car on the shoulder of the road.
    As for the volvo, there was no incident with the kawi. The front group pulled over to wait for the rest of the group and this lady in a volvo pulled up. She starts off by saying that she is a nurse and that she scrapes bikers off the road, up on 7, all the time. Okay lady, thanks for brightening my day. Then she proceeds to lecture me about crossing the double yellow. "I am pretty sure that I passed you in a passing zone, lady" I says to the lady in the volvo. To which she replies "You may have, but your friend didnt and I wrote his license plate number down." So, why are you talking to me again?

Anyways, I couldnt tell if she was genuinely concerned or if she was trying to be a d!ck. I really dont think anyone passed her on the double yellow. We were all passing pretty conservatively.

Good to meet all of you. Look forward to doing it again.

Board Newbie

It was my license plate she wrote down... that's why I took off as I saw her writing it down. Here's what happened from my perspective. I was the fourth bike in a group of four that had gotten ahead of the main group due to traffic. All four of us tried to pass that Volvo at the same time, not sure if it was in a double yellow zone or not, but once we were in the passing lane we noticed a car even further up that was turning left. All I saw was everyone in front of me give the stopping signal, so I hit the brakes and pulled back in behind the Volvo (everyone else made it passed already).

As soon as I got behind her, I noticed she was going crazy in her car, waving her hands, screaming something I obviously couldn't hear out her window, basically just going nuts, I guess because she thought we made a dangerous attempt to pass. The next time it was clear to pass I went to go around her and she threw something at me (I think it was a lighter, but I'm not sure, I just saw her chuck something out the window). When she did that I saw the road was clear for a while, so I slowed down right next to her window and glanced over to see WTF she was doing. She was screaming asshole, flipping me off, and had just thrown something at me. All I did was kept yelling, "What!?! I can't hear you!", pointing to my ear and reving my engine every time she started yelling profanities at me again.

Then I saw oncoming traffic, so I took off around her and caught up with the other three bikes. Then we all stopped to let the other group catch up and here comes the Volvo with the crazy woman. I saw her start writing down my plate number so I took off to join the other two bikes that had stopped another 50 yards or so down the road. I figured she was calling the cops and/or was looking for something bigger to throw at me!

That was the last I saw of her, but all that happened like ten minutes before we saw the police SUVs, so maybe she did call the cops?

In any case, it was fun riding with everyone! That was my first group ride here in CO and I had a blast. Look forward to doing it again soon! And if anyone has pictures/video, post 'em up as I forgot my phone that morning and couldn't take any of my own.

Senior Member Yearly Supporter Generic's Avatar

Yea, another fun ride for me as well. Sorry about missing the Hwy 72 turn after we got out of Nederland, ended up doing a quick u-turn at Rollinsville and catching it on the way back. Did I mention I don't want to lead?

Good times and I enjoyed meeting everyone, hopefully I didn't slow you all up when I was leading.
    Last edited by Generic; Mon Aug 5th, 2013 at 12:33 PM.

I dont understand why she thinks it isnt okay for a motorcycle to pass on a double but throwing shit out the window of your moving car at a person on a motorcycle is okay.

Crazy!

Quote Originally Posted by SlowPoke View Post
    <Snip...> I saw the road was clear for a while, so I slowed down right next to her window and glanced over to see WTF she was doing. She was screaming asshole, flipping me off, and had just thrown something at me. All I did was kept yelling, "What!?! I can't hear you!", pointing to my ear and reving my engine every time she started yelling profanities at me again. <Snip...>
    Why bother?
    ~Brandon~
    (720) 935-6438
    Melissa Holbrook Pierson

sounds like i missed a good ride ....