Thread: PhotoRadar Question.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: PhotoRadar Question.

Usually they mail them out, but from what i have heard and read you do not have to pay it unless it is actually given to you by a law enforcement official. When an officer gives you a ticket in person you sign not to say you are guilty but just to acknowledge you are actually getting the ticket and that you will be pleading guilty or not. With the photo radar if you pay it you automatically plead guilty but if you do nothing with it then you never got it and it never happened.

Quote Originally Posted by Grim2.0 View Post
    Usually they mail them out, but from what i have heard and read you do not have to pay it unless it is actually given to you by a law enforcement official. When an officer gives you a ticket in person you sign not to say you are guilty but just to acknowledge you are actually getting the ticket and that you will be pleading guilty or not. With the photo radar if you pay it you automatically plead guilty but if you do nothing with it then you never got it and it never happened.
    Good info.

Not to thread jack but has anyone ever covered they're plate going through a toll on their bike? I know i25 is free for bikes but it takes like 6 bucks in tolls just to get to DIA via c/e-470. I've always wondered if they would do anything.
    06 GSXR 750

Quote Originally Posted by Ph03niX View Post
    Good info.

Not to thread jack but has anyone ever covered they're plate going through a toll on their bike? I know i25 is free for bikes but it takes like 6 bucks in tolls just to get to DIA via c/e-470. I've always wondered if they would do anything.
    Several times I have reached back and bent the plate, because it's just bolted on by the top 2 holes and hangs down under the brake lamp. I've ridden on E470 like that a multiple times. They can't see the plate so there is no way to identify you from a picture. IMO bikes should be free on E470 anyway. I don't do it often, but I suppose if I got pulled over I could try to play dumb.....
    2006 R1 "Raven"

Quote Originally Posted by Grim2.0 View Post
    Thanks.. From listening to KBPI via web I used to listen to Molly/lawyer and wasn't sure if the advice of just ignore the mail was still kind of 'sound' advise. I was also in a rental so I had an added 'processing' fee towards the rental agency too and now I'm in a wait to see if CO DMV sends me a fun mail with a picture etc. in it.

Thanks for the personal experience too!