That seems to be the general wisdom I'm finding as well. Most of them are pretty decent, from what I can glean it just comes down to what fits you and does what you need. The Hondas are legendarily bulletproof, but seem less on power for the size. Yamahas, good features for the money, very reliable, don't rate as high on ergos. Suzuki seem to be near Honda in reliability, but repeatedly get the worst feedback on ride quality and feedback. Polaris has hands down the best feedback on comfort/ergos/ride, seems to have a good feature list, good power, maybe a little less on reliability than the Hondas/Suzukis but seem to hold up if you don't pound the shit out of it.

And that brings me to the Polaris, which is looking really good right now. Load capacity of the Grizzly, nice to ride, and I like the features. I am even considering a new one, the Sportsman 570 EFI has a lot going for it at a "value" price. Used seem to be around $4k, so new isn't too far off what older ones are going for, and comes with all of the upgrades. Decisions, decisions...