Thread: Ride - Friday 4/11/14

Ride - Friday 4/11/14

I picked up a new bike over the winter and Friday's weather forecast is looking pretty darn good! High 60s to low 70s. I'm taking the day off from work for some throttle therapy in the canyons.

I live on the West side (best side?) of Colorado Springs and (as long as the roads aren't too sandy) I'm heading as far north as Lyons.

Route: http://mapq.st/1jvkav2

157 miles each way so double that for the round trip. If you're in Denver, we could meet at Deckers. I should be there around 10:50 to 11:00 and I'm on a blue FZ1.

Colorado Springs > Woodland Park > Deckers > Evergreen > Central City > Nederland > Lyons.

Highlights of this route include Deckers, 119 between Central City and Nederland, Hwy 119 (aka "Peak to Peak" between Nederland and the highway 7 intersection and of course... Hwy 7 to Lyons.

Pace: Intermediate... My solo pace isn't outlandish but it's definitely not noob friendly. If you're comfortable riding at double whatever the "yellow speed limit" sign in the corners is, you'll be OK. If not, there's a noob friendly ride the next day on Saturday.

Gear requirements:
    That's your choice but I'll be in full leathers... and so should you.

The round trip usually takes me 6 hours to complete... I don't normally stop for lunch when solo. However, I could be persuaded to stop at Zokas in Pine (Spicy chicken sandwich) or Beau Jo's in Evergreen (pizza buffet).

KSU is 10:00. There is an Acorn gas station located at Highway 24/Cimarron and 8th Street that we usually meet up at. If I'm solo I'll just get gas in woodland park.

Contact info: If you want to go and you're an experienced rider, call/text me before 9AM or so on Friday. 719-two-zero-one-9383.

Clovis
    Last edited by Clovis; Wed Apr 9th, 2014 at 08:36 PM.
    "If not us, who? If not now, when?"