http://news.yahoo.com/earth-survived...222404357.html

Basically, scientists are revealing that this time last year, a solar storm narrowly missed the earth but they are saying it would have been 2x as bad as what hid Quebec.

I find it interesting to hear this, only a couple days after hearing a statistic that something like only 35% of people my age (do or do not, I apologize for the vast margin of error), invest in the stock market. Far more people my age believe in holding cash than stocks than previous generations. I think it makes sense because we are terrified of how reliant the developed world is on technology, and if something like this hits, most of us are screwed.

This seemed like a relevant discussion for this forum because I, like many on here, hoard guns and ammunition not because I think I need it for every day home defense, but more so for events like this where they will become some of the most valuable assets you can own. It sure paid off when I bought a bunch before Obama took office and the price of some guns and ammunition skyrocketed...

Also, is there anybody on here who shares the same worries? I'm mostly curious if anybody on here makes a point to keep an older carbeurated vehicle around instead of fuel injected because wouldn't they be less vulnerable to these events?