Thread: 335i vs wrx

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: 335i vs wrx

I'm not trying to be a dick, but low 13s just isn't epic anymore. We're in a world where a showroom bike can run low 9s and a showroom Vette can pull high 10s. My BMW was a quick car when it was new, today, it's anemic. And while a low 13 isn't anemic, it's far from epic. You're BMW can run low 11s with $1000 under the hood.

Gold Member

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
    I'm not trying to be a dick, but low 13s just isn't epic anymore. We're in a world where a showroom bike can run low 9s and a showroom Vette can pull high 10s. My BMW was a quick car when it was new, today, it's anemic. And while a low 13 isn't anemic, it's far from epic. You're BMW can run low 11s with $1000 under the hood.

Well I guess it just depends on the money you have. I guess if you have 80k to drop on a car you're cool. But then again you just a honda civic compared to a lambo or any other "really fast " cars.

The slomero I mean camero is a nice car but would never hold its own against an Italian monster. Hell even my BMW would be looked at as a old used pos in Beverly hills or something like that.

Quote Originally Posted by #1Townie View Post
    Well I guess it just depends on the money you have. I guess if you have 80k to drop on a car you're cool. But then again you just a honda civic compared to a lambo or any other "really fast " cars.

The slomero I mean camero is a nice car but would never hold its own against an Italian monster. Hell even my BMW would be looked at as a old used pos in Beverly hills or something like that.
    "nice car, what's the retail on one of those??"

"more than you can afford pal, Ferrari!!" rev, rev rev!!
    Last edited by The Black Knight; Sun Aug 24th, 2014 at 06:18 PM.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"So live your life so the fear of death can never enter your heart. Trouble no one about their religion; respect others in their views, and demand that they respect yours. Love your life, perfect your life, beautify all things in your life. Seek to make your life long and of service to your people. Prepare a noble death song for the day when you go over the great divide.
    "

"Finish today what others won't, so you can achieve tomorrow what others can't."

Senior Member Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by The Black Knight View Post
    "hey what's the pricetag on that thing??"

"smoke em"
    ZOMG TBK, you have a serious love-affair with The Fast and the Furious. You might want to get that checked!

Quote Originally Posted by Drano View Post
    ZOMG TBK, you have a serious love-affair with The Fast and the Furious. You might want to get that checked!
    Dude between that movie, Torque and Biker Boyz, they have some of the best and cheesiest lines ever. A couple of my friends and I are always quoting Fast and Furious. I can entertain myself for hours just referencing those crappy movies.

Regardless of the fact that I really do dislike Fast and Furious, it has a soft spot for me because it's basically Point Break with Cars. Point Break is an epic movie, so the fact that Fast and Furious ripped it off just makes it that much better and crappier. If you don't believe me, watch Point Break and then Fast and Furious right after, you'll see the correlation between the two films. None of them beat Torque though, that movie is hands down one of the crappiest movies ever.

P.S.
    Not long after Paul Walker had passed, I saw a bumper sticker on some girls car that was riced out that read:

#rememberthebuster

I about died laughing(not that Paul Walker had died but because the sticker referenced a line in the movie).
    Last edited by The Black Knight; Sun Aug 24th, 2014 at 06:30 PM.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"So live your life so the fear of death can never enter your heart. Trouble no one about their religion; respect others in their views, and demand that they respect yours. Love your life, perfect your life, beautify all things in your life. Seek to make your life long and of service to your people. Prepare a noble death song for the day when you go over the great divide.
    "

"Finish today what others won't, so you can achieve tomorrow what others can't."

Gold Member

Dude between that movie, Torque and Biker Boyz, they have some of the best and cheesiest lines ever. A couple of my friends and I are always quoting Fast and Furious. I can entertain myself for hours just referencing those crappy movies.

Regardless of the fact that I really do dislike Fast and Furious, it has a soft spot for me because it's basically Point Break with Cars. Point Break is an epic movie, so the fact that Fast and Furious ripped it off just makes it that much better and crappier. If you don't believe me, watch Point Break and then Fast and Furious right after, you'll see the correlation between the two films. None of them beat Torque though, that movie is hands down one of the crappiest movies ever.

P.S.
    Not long after Paul Walker had passed, I saw a bumper sticker on some girls car that was riced out that read:

#rememberthebuster

I about died laughing(not that Paul Walker had died but because the sticker referenced a line in the movie).
    Because the buster brought me home! Blaahahahaha

Senior Member Moderator

P.S.

#rememberthebuster

lol, I have the same affliction. I just bought the 6-movie box-set! Yeah, I know the 7th is on the way, but when I want to sit down and watch a cheesy, 1-liner action movie, I want to have some options.

Quote Originally Posted by Drano View Post
    lol, I have the same affliction. I just bought the 6-movie box-set! Yeah, I know the 7th is on the way, but when I want to sit down and watch a cheesy, 1-liner action movie, I want to have some options.
    Fast and Furious, Torque, Point Break, Tombstone, Wyatt Earp, Open Range and Unforgiven are my all time favorite movies to reference. Oh yeah and Commando, only line I use from the movie is the line Bennett speaks. "you're soldiers make me laugh, if Matrix was here, he'd laugh too." I'm always saying that HAHAHA, if something makes me laugh, I'll say, "if Matrix was here, he'd laugh too."
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"

Gold Member

"nice car, what's the retail on one of those??"

"more than you can afford pal, Ferrari!!" rev, rev rev!!
    Hahahaha I wasn't even including Ferrari in my mind. Lol.