Quote Originally Posted by kawasakirob View Post
Coming from a forum who's group rides lead to numerous crashes per year. People on here like to haul ass. Everybody knows this. So what the dude split two cars. It wasn't the smartest move, but I'm pretty sure every person on here has done some stupid manuever at least a few times in their riding career. Maybe its time we ALL sell our bikes and buy 50cc scooters because you know what.....lets start practicing what we preach.
You may have the wrong idea of this club man and be in the wrong one. There are local clubs like Ruff Ryders, Street Soldiers, etc that do act like the club you are talking about....go down to Lodo on weekends and you will see them chillin at the gas station. Not sure what rides you have been on, but I have seen people sent home because they refused to wear a helmet or just had no business on a bike. I know Bob, Sasha, Ralph and a few others usually even give a good speech before a group ride to the crowd; seen it many times. Of course there will always be some crazy riders, as Ralph said I am not claiming to be a saint and others have even put me in check before when I pushed it too much,, but overall this is a safety oriented club and that is why you see so many MRA members here. Honestly I joined this club over ten years ago because it was safety oriented; hence why you are getting so many people against crazy riding. It is not that we don’t take chances, we just understand the consequences because we have went through them. Most of us want others to have a long life of riding rather than a guy that gets his bike, goes one season and crashes and never rides again.

I’ve always thought how “tough love” is odd. People want to hear what they want and when they do not they seem annoyed by it. Yet if you think about it, the person that cares is the one that tries to help you.

P.S. I no longer do group rides myself because I was sick of seeing people crash.....just goes with group rides though as they can be harder when you have 20+ bikes.