Quote Originally Posted by Redline View Post
PSR crap? It looks cheap, thats for sure.... I did not know Ohlins owned Scotts. I am bidding on that one you posted from ebay! Are there any major differences for dampers between the cheap ones and the better quality ones? I have no idea what is inside these more compact ones.
I'm not fond of the PSR stuff at all. I don't care for their business practices or their products. It's a personal opinion, and probably worth every penny you paid for it.

Rotary dampers all work about the same way, so the difference is in how well it's designed and how well it's made. In the case of the Scotts and the GPR products, their design and manufacturing operations are both very good. Beyond that there is good customer support from both companies. Parts are available and you can send them back to the MFG or have a local service operation rebuild it for you when the time comes. Remember, these things have oil in them and that oil wears out over time. They also have seals in them, and sometimes those seals fail (like a fork seal over time). Both GPR and Scotts are going to support their products well into the future.

Another brand I would recommend is Pit Bull, but it doesn't look like they have a fitment for the 600RR

Best of luck to you!