It sounds pretty far-fetched to me. While it's not uncommon for riders to switch teams, both of the riders in question are hungry for a championship win. Switching to the, as of yet, unproven Suzuki would be impractical, and I don't imagine Honda nor Yamaha could hope to replace either of them with a similar-level of rider, even if they are young, up-and-comers.

I could see the possibility of Pedrosa making the change if the money, and bike, were good enough to get him what he wants. But if I were Pedrosa, it would take an impressive showing from Suzuki in 2016 to entice me to ditch a race-winnable Honda. Rossi, on the other hand, has limited time on his hands if he hopes to get his 10th championship. While the prospect of him switching to the new Suzuki hearkens back to his switch to Yamaha in 2004, he isn't in his 20s anymore. On top of that, I doubt Suzuki could even afford to pay him the salary he'd demand. But I digress, with the Yamaha being as damn good a machine as it is, it's my opinion that his best, although unlikely, chance still rests with them.

The whole story sounds like a Suzuki fan's wet dream, and is wishful thinking at best. Don't get me wrong, I wish Suzuki the best, and I'm hopeful they can pull off some podiums, and wins, this season. But they'd be seriously crazy to get rid of Vinales and Espargaro, and waste good development money on riders they likely can't afford.