Thread: Kimbo Slice dead

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Kimbo Slice dead

Quote Originally Posted by #1Townie View Post
    I apologize if I don't read tmz links. also considering it takes 6-8 weeks for an autopsy to be released i will stick to why I don't read tmz.
    No autopsy is being done though....medical examiner said no need for one. So that is why I'd assume there was no concern of his failed steroid test...or maybe they just don't care

If anyone should be dead from it is Ken Shamrock....or WWE guys!

Quote Originally Posted by laspariahs View Post
    So doping is ok if it doesn't hurt you physically? Man....
    Well depends on how it is done, what is used, and how it is monitored. There are men that do have low testosterone that do have to get injections weekly for medical reasons; health insurance covers it just like insulin injections. Studied have shows it greatly improves men's life as low testosterone can cause a lot of bad issues. These things just get bad names because people abuse it.

Here is a well documented person that has released how it changed their life http://ironandtweed.com/my-low-t-jou...e-year-on-trt/
    Last edited by bulldog; Wed Jun 8th, 2016 at 09:42 AM.
    Bulldog's Motto: F*ck around and I'm going to bite you!!!

Quote Originally Posted by bulldog View Post

Well depends on how it is done, what is used, and how it is monitored. There are men that do have low testosterone that do have to get injections weekly for medical reasons; health insurance covers it just like insulin injections. Studied have shows it greatly improves men's life as low testosterone can cause a lot of bad issues. These things just get bad names because people abuse it.

Here is a well documented person that has released how it changed their life http://ironandtweed.com/my-low-t-jou...e-year-on-trt/
    I'm talking about doping in sports, not some dude with low testosterone that his doctor provides at that point it's medicine. All the crap that some cyclists use to dope themselves, are all used and developed as medicine, when used properly they are medications or medical techniques that have been bastardized as doping or Peds. You seem to be of the opinion that it's ok to dope ones self, solely for performance, as long as you don't see negative side effects.

I'm talking about doping in sports, not some dude with low testosterone that his doctor provides at that point it's medicine. All the crap that some cyclists use to dope themselves, are all used and developed as medicine, when used properly they are medications or medical techniques that have been bastardized as doping or Peds. You seem to be of the opinion that it's ok to dope ones self, solely for performance, as long as you don't see negative side effects.
    Kimbo's testosterone ranges were in legal levels for TRT (testosterone replacement therapy). So before the ban the "medicine" you state was legal...again too many people lied and abused it so they stopped TRT exceptions. So if we are still talking about Kimbo, he most likely was under a medical doctor....years of training tend to lower a pro athletes testosterone.

I never said it was ok, just that it is not as dangerous as some people think and does not appear this is what caused Kimbo's death. I mean why aren't more pro's dropping dead from it that were caught...like half of NBL????

P.S. Lance was using testosterone...same thing as they use in TRT medical treatment.....no difference. Plus doping in cycling tens to mean more the blood transfusions they do.

Kimbo's testosterone ranges were in legal levels for TRT (testosterone replacement therapy). So before the ban the "medicine" you state was legal...again too many people lied and abused it so they stopped TRT exceptions. So if we are still talking about Kimbo, he most likely was under a medical doctor....years of training tend to lower a pro athletes testosterone.

I never said it was ok, just that it is not as dangerous as some people think and does not appear this is what caused Kimbo's death. I mean why aren't more pro's dropping dead from it that were caught...like half of NBL????

All the cyclists have team doctors as well, administering whatever crap they get/got. Doping is wrong period. Who cares if doping is why this guy died, I don't see why it matters so much to you. You don't seem to defend the fact he is or isn't a doper, in fact from what I can tell from what you have said you think he is a doper.

All the cyclists have team doctors as well, administering whatever crap they get/got. Doping is wrong period. Who cares if doping is why this guy died, I don't see why it matters so much to you. You don't seem to defend the fact he is or isn't a doper, in fact from what I can tell from what you have said you think he is a doper.
    I am a big fan of Kimbo so I hate to see his name crapped on by people who want to assume things with no proof. Bottom line is he was known as a super good guy and I am sad he passed. I followed his career since the beginning and also saw all the good he did for poor kids. I also have had the pleasure of being friends that were close to Kimbo who says he was such a great guy.

And don't fool yourself man.....more than half of pro athletes are on stuff!

Gold Member

I am a big fan of Kimbo so I hate to see his name crapped on by people who want to assume things with no proof. Bottom line is he was known as a super good guy and I am sad he passed. I followed his career since the beginning and also saw all the good he did for poor kids. I also have had the pleasure of being friends that were close to Kimbo who says he was such a great guy.

i don't see anyone crapping on him. its just a discussion. you have a mysterious death. people see an unsolved answer and tend to try to figure it out.

simmer down guy.

Quote Originally Posted by #1Townie View Post
    i don't see anyone crapping on him. its just a discussion. you have a mysterious death. people see an unsolved answer and tend to try to figure it out.

simmer down guy.
    Just hurt he died man...I really was this big a fan of his and to die suddenly at 42 sucks….especially with 6 kids After seeing him on Ultimate Fighter and numerous interviews with him I came to really like the guy. He was in process of doing some work with the Fighter and the Kid podcast that I was looking forward too. So just really hit me as it is scary to think a person can die suddenly like this.

Here is one of my favorite moments about Kimbo….when he thought my buddy Brendan was black (Brendan is a white guy)
    Last edited by bulldog; Wed Jun 8th, 2016 at 10:26 AM.

Oh I don't think I'm the one fooling myself, of course I think tons of pro athletes are on dope, but that just means the sports aren't really sports anymore, just WWE style "entertainment" which I probably why I don't watch sports.

As for the rest, all I'll say is doping is wrong, doesn't matter how nice of a guy he was.

Oh I don't think I'm the one fooling myself, of course I think tons of pro athletes are on dope, but that just means the sports aren't really sports anymore, just WWE style "entertainment" which I probably why I don't watch sports.

As for the rest, all I'll say is doping is wrong, doesn't matter how nice of a guy he was.
    Well a guy still died and who cares if he did PED's in the past...not like he was a murder, rapist, drug addict, etc. Just because people make mistakes doesn't mean they don't deserve respect after death.

I agree with you on PED's in sports, but it is not going away so it is here to stay. We can accept it or be like you and choose to not watch. I love MMA and would prefer if everyone is clean, but I know that won't happen, but I choose to still watch!

Gold Member

I mean why aren't more pro's dropping dead from it that were caught...like half of NBL????

well considering nothing is a guarantee you can't really say well this guy did them so it's perfectly safe. like I said before people drink and smoke their whole lives and nevee have an issue.

maybe this is just on the small scale. like every one in one thousand? even some medication has a chance of being extremely harmful in a small number of cases. I'm sure your wife would agree to this.

not everyone is the same and some things affect us differently. to just accept that we sometimes just drop dead because.... well.... we don't know? doesn't float with me.

maybe he was angry his life? maybe he was a closet cokehead? maybe god needed a new bouncer? if it was my loved one who just dropped dead I would want to know the exact reason he died.