Thread: All My Naughty Ladies

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: All My Naughty Ladies

Quote Originally Posted by bulldog View Post
    Joker, you should throw up a pic of all your martial arts belts/accomplishments! Obviously, I have mad respect as I know how long that takes and how much dedication that took.
    Haha, nobody wants to see that shit. People who do not train mostly have no idea what it even means in terms of commitment.

Quote Originally Posted by j0ker View Post
    Haha, nobody wants to see that shit. People who do not train mostly have no idea what it even means in terms of commitment.
    True....but I do....and that is why it impresses me so much. From growing up watching my uncles do it to all the autobiographies I have read about and my obsession with MMA I totally understand. I wrestled for 6+ years and that was hard enough and never got to a high level like you did with Martial Arts.

My idol growing up was Royce Gracie because I saw him beat bigger opponents and showed me I had hope as a skinny small kid. I still love the guy and most his family!

Getting to know Brendan Schaub (retired UFC fighter) I got to see what he went though to get ready for a fight and was not easy at all...he trained 8-10hrs a day, 6 days week. He claims the training was harder than when he was in the NFL.
    Last edited by bulldog; Wed Feb 22nd, 2017 at 09:10 AM.
    Bulldog's Motto: F*ck around and I'm going to bite you!!!

? Showed up to the mall on the crappy side of town. Threw a couple 12 year olds around. Got a trophy?
    The closest thing to immortality on this earth is a Federal government program - RR

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Obvious View Post
    ? Showed up to the mall on the crappy side of town. Threw a couple 12 year olds around. Got a trophy?
    Since you and I have talked about MMA in the past, I think you are just being sarcastic right? Some places may hand out belts like no big deal, but most take years and years of practice before you can even get to a level one black belt. You don't become a instructor off Martial Arts by not going through the grinder.....like I said before I grew up watching this happen and my uncles spent so many hours training to accomplish what they did. It's no easy task man......

My uncle who is a 5th degree blackbelt took over 20 years of training to get that status.....heck maybe more.

P.S. The fastest I can think of anyone getting a true black belt is BJ Penn (in BJJ).....he got it in three years and got the name "The Prodigy" for it. Then most instructors will not even give a level 2 black belt in less than 3 years from getting your initial black belt.

BJ Penn's biography on the UFC website expressed this accomplishment as "an astonishing achievement in a sport where it takes the average athlete ten years or more to reach black belt status.[122]

And come on, I brought this up, so don't bag on Joker as he never said anything....I just know and it impresses me.
    Last edited by bulldog; Wed Feb 22nd, 2017 at 02:31 PM.
    Bulldog's Motto: F*ck around and I'm going to bite you!!!

I have actively trained in martial arts for 40 years. I have several black belts in different styles and rank in a few others. I do weapons and practical MMA for self-defense. I worked in private security for 20 years. I have a small private …free… school. I have 5 kids that are all blackbelt level martial artists and not one of them has ever been bullied or assaulted.

Is this a Kramer reference?

Is this a Kramer reference?
    who knows but I was sure laying on the Kickboxer reference pretty thick. I was going to go with a Bloodsport/Kumite reference but then I saw the 12 year old beat down comment. And knew that's something only Tong Po would do. Chong Li is all about flexing after a win but Tong Po is out to wreck scrubs who dare set foot in his ring. Then I got to thinking about a Lionheart reference. Where you're stomping out 12 year olds on your way to the big payday and boss fight. Is there anyone besides me who doesn't think that Lionheart watches how a old school nintendo video game plays??? Start off with some crappy opponents and work your way to the boss fight where you get pounded.

Sorry, I've been on a Van Damme kick lately(pun intended).
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"So live your life so the fear of death can never enter your heart. Trouble no one about their religion; respect others in their views, and demand that they respect yours. Love your life, perfect your life, beautify all things in your life. Seek to make your life long and of service to your people. Prepare a noble death song for the day when you go over the great divide.
    "

"Finish today what others won't, so you can achieve tomorrow what others can't."

Quote Originally Posted by The Black Knight View Post
    who knows but I was sure laying on the Kickboxer reference pretty thick. I was going to go with a Bloodsport/Kumite reference but then I saw the 12 year old beat down comment. And knew that's something only Tong Po would do. Chong Li is all about flexing after a win but Tong Po is out to wreck scrubs who dare set foot in his ring. Then I got to thinking about a Lionheart reference. Where you're stomping out 12 year olds on your way to the big payday and boss fight. Is there anyone besides me who doesn't think that Lionheart watches how a old school nintendo video game plays??? Start off with some crappy opponents and work your way to the boss fight where you get pounded.

Sorry, I've been on a Van Damme kick lately(pun intended).
    Bloodsport was his best.

Bloodsport was his best.
    I'd agree, for sure the best of his 80's movies. For me, my favorite is Timecop, with Hard Target #2. Then after those, his movies really got weird and not good. I will say Streetfighter wasn't half bad. Raul Julia made that movie, if not for him it wouldn't have been very good.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"So live your life so the fear of death can never enter your heart. Trouble no one about their religion; respect others in their views, and demand that they respect yours. Love your life, perfect your life, beautify all things in your life. Seek to make your life long and of service to your people. Prepare a noble death song for the day when you go over the great divide.
    "

"Finish today what others won't, so you can achieve tomorrow what others can't."