0 0%
  • Could Care less

5 45.45%

Thread: Floyd Mayweather vs Conor McGregor

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Floyd Mayweather vs Conor McGregor

Quote Originally Posted by #1Townie View Post
    lol I didn't see theplay and only seen the pic. lol! sorry busy day. honestly after watching thevideo... I'm even more impressed with Mayweather. landing a stroke while beinghit and blocking a second stroke? nice work.
    Quote Originally Posted by #1Townie View Post

and no I'm not impressed with Conor. if you are going to runyour mouth you better back that shit up. now he could have shut me up if he hadat least knocked Mayweather down. done something. but he didn't. sure the firstfew rounds went to Conor. everyone agreed they would. Conor is a come out thegates swinging for the fences kind of fighter. I know this from what I haveread about it. yes you are correct I haven't watched them fight and yes you arecorrect on have a strong opinion. are you saying that Mayweather isn't thenumber one defensive boxer the world has ever seen? because I know I didn'tmake that up. are you going to tell me Connor doesn't come out of the gatesswinging like a mad man? 21 wins and 18 of them were tkos? pretty sure thatstatement stands.

so we have the best defensive boxer ever.... then we have abrawler... pretty easy to see how this fight is going to end. I'm just saying.I mean if I had been wrong then so be it but it ended exactly how I thought.Conor getting tired and boom fights over. now I know it didn't end with a knockout but come on man we all know that dude was done in the sixth. done. did weneed to see him die to prove it? think it was a very well timed stoppage on therefs behalf.
    Do doubt that Floyd is the best defensive boxer ever…heck some would argue he is the best boxer ever as he went 50-0…beat the long standing record by Rocky Marciano. I give Floyd his props in the ring and actually I even give him props for how he has dealt with this win; he has taken the higher road than many others and instead of saying what others are, he let Conor win rounds, he actually came out and gave Conor prop and was very humble in his win. He easily could have come out and say it was super easy and how Conor had no business in there, but he did not do this….go watch his post fight press conference.

Townie, I think you are giving yourself too much credit as if you called some crazy long shot. A 49-0 boxing champion going against a 0-0 MMA in boxing was no mystery of how it should have played out; betting odds were against Conor, stats were against him, experience, short time to train for a boxing match was against him (most get over 6 months; Conor got 2 months), hell evenwhere he fought in Vegas was against him as that is where Floyd lives. So yeah what you are saying is no mystery and if Conor would have won it would have went down as the biggest upset in boxing history. The only thing we are really arguing about is an opinion: I feel Conor did well, and you feel he didn’t….really just comes down to how we see things. Look on the internet and it is being debated all over……

Yeah I do disagree with you on Conor being a “brawler”. His backround is Karate, Capoeira, and TaeKwon Do and he uses it quite well in the UFC (none of those MA styles is considered a “brawler” type). He is one of the most intelligent and methodical fighters in the UFC and I don’t think his style is considered a brawler at all; if anyone was considered a “brawler” it was Nate Diaz that Conor fought. Granted you have not seen any fight by him and are just going by what people say by his KO’s, he gets those but really not from a brawler type as much more from his excellent timing and angles. To me a brawler is considered a fighter that just comes out throwing wild strikes and hoping they connect and doesn't change his gameplan from that until someone gets KO'd. I do not think this is how Conor fights though; it may seem that way, but his shots are planned and he is a super smart fighter.

Here is a list I agree with on top ten UFC "Brawlers"....Conor did not make the list, but both Diaz brothers did http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...-the-ufc-today
    Last edited by bulldog; Thu Aug 31st, 2017 at 07:40 AM.
    Bulldog's Motto: F*ck around and I'm going to bite you!!!