Thread: Moving to Southern CO

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Moving to Southern CO

Quote Originally Posted by HalcyonSon View Post
    Meh, I'm just tired of the message that "Nowhere is safe! Nothing is safe! Fear for your life at all times!! Hide in your very specific corner of your very specific suburb and make sure the triple HEPA filter in your Prius was changed yesterday by a super-duper certified $200 / hr dealership. Because only this tiny corner of one-upping the Jones-es and medicating everything away and being afraid of red meat and exhaust fumes is safe!"

Does Colorado even HAVE ten cities? I could name maybe half that: Denver, Springs, Grand Junction, Fort Collins and Pueblo. The last three barely even count as cities. Both Philly and Seattle are full of areas that were deemed "shitholes" in the past, and are now booming. Only way that happens is by someone putting in the money and effort to convince decent people to come back. Until then you get an endless sprawl of strip malls and postage stamp cookie cutter developments around larger cities. Those malls and developments turn to disrepair, and the cancer spreads.
    Bro, you are the ones that asked....not sure why you asked if it never concerned you! V

Quote Originally Posted by HalcyonSon View Post

How bad is Pueblo really for gangs / theft / a family? Everyone I spoke to at the mill lives in Springs and commutes. I would prefer not to drive that far, but also see kids in my near future. ... Plus a house with a nice big garage and several bikes. Bikes that I intend to ride everywhere: to work (possibly at the mill), Downtown, to the Reservoir, to a friend's place in Belmont, etc. I've never really worried about my bike here, except for having my plate stolen once, but I hear crime is pretty bad in Pueblo.

Here you go man: Colorado currently has 271 incorporated municipalities, comprising 196 towns, 73 cities, and two consolidated city and county governments.[1][2]

I'm done helping man as I am not from Philly or carry so I am not invincible like you and see a way bigger issue here with Pueblo (like my house going up in equity)....plus you don't seem very appreciative......good luck.

P.S. Some of the advice you were given was straight for a member here that has law enforcement experience as a police officer: if he doesn't know crime, not sure who else would know better.
    Last edited by bulldog; Thu Sep 21st, 2017 at 01:29 PM.
    Bulldog's Motto: F*ck around and I'm going to bite you!!!