Thread: 2018 MOTOGP Season ****SPOILER ALERT*** *****WARNING - SPOILER *******

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: 2018 MOTOGP Season ****SPOILER ALERT*** *****WARNING - SPOILER *******

2 more years at Ducati for #04

Go Desmo Dovi!

https://www.motorsport.com/motogp/ne...8759/?tp=2&s=1
    Do not put off living the life you dream of. Next year may never come. If we are always waiting for something to change...
    Retirement, the kids to leave home, the weather or the economy, that's not living. That's waiting!
    Waiting will only leaves us with unrealized dreams and empty wishes.

Quote Originally Posted by salsashark View Post
    2 more years at Ducati for #04

Go Desmo Dovi!

https://www.motorsport.com/motogp/ne...8759/?tp=2&s=1
    Its only right to be honest, he’s too old to move elsewhere and have the same success. He’s doing well there so happy for him. I foresee Iannone returning since it’s official that Suzuki is chasing Lorenzo and Iannone is also talking to other teams (maybe Aprilia as well since it seems they may part ways with Redding) but not sure how that would work with Petrucci having a factory option in 2019 since he won’t continue with Pramac next year. Maybe they’ll add a 3rd rider?
    www.mo-door.com
    https://64degreeracing.com/

2003 VFR800
    2007 GSX-R600
    2007 R1
    2003 R6 Race bike
    2010 Ducati SF1098
    2016 60th R1
    2018 Aprilia Tuono V4 1100RR
    2024 Aprilia Tuono Factory Ultra Gold

Quote Originally Posted by madvlad View Post
    Its only right to be honest, he’s too old to move elsewhere and have the same success. He’s doing well there so happy for him. I foresee Iannone returning since it’s official that Suzuki is chasing Lorenzo and Iannone is also talking to other teams (maybe Aprilia as well since it seems they may part ways with Redding) but not sure how that would work with Petrucci having a factory option in 2019 since he won’t continue with Pramac next year. Maybe they’ll add a 3rd rider?
    Just saw an interview with Dovi in Italian and he pointed out that from what he gathers the two strongest candidates for being his teammate are Miller and Petrucci. The Miller thing is a bit surprising but Petrucci not so much. Miller is good but I think there is a fair bit of over hype around him. He's not the next Stoner so everyone really need to stop seeing him as one. Petrucci is consistent and seems to gel with the Ducati's better than others. He's fast when he gets it right and is a beast in the rain.

Unless by some miracle Lorenzo remains at Ducati, I see him going to Suzuki to replace Iannone. I see Iannone going to Aprilia to replace Redding, with Redding going to BSB.

The one unknown is Pedrosa. Some seem to think he's a sure thing with Honda, but I've heard rumblings that Honda want someone else and that he's had more than enough opportunities to produce for them. He's still fast and can still win races and I think Honda forgets some of that.

Kind of what kills me when people slam Pedrosa or Rossi even, and say they need to give their seats up to other younger riders. Everyone is on Zarco's dick at the moment and I've yet to see that guy produce a win. Maybe he will here in Le Mans or somewhere else this season but at this point, he's won absolutely nothing in MotoGP. Pedrosa has and will have way more wins than Zarco will ever achieve. And lets not even mention Rossi's win total compared to Zarco.

Of all the new and young talent to come up through the ranks, I viewed Vinales as probably the best and the next one in line to challenge Marquez. I still think he's got the speed but the guy is somewhat in the doldrums at the moment with the M1. I still stand by the notion that if Vinales would have stayed with Suzuki, he'd be beating lots of riders and winning some races. I bet he could have taken a good three to four wins per season on the Suzuki if he stayed there. Which only would have pushed Suzuki to produce and develop a better bike each new season.

Here's a messed up scenario: Lorenzo to Honda, Pedrosa to Suzuki and Iannone to Aprilia.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"So live your life so the fear of death can never enter your heart. Trouble no one about their religion; respect others in their views, and demand that they respect yours. Love your life, perfect your life, beautify all things in your life. Seek to make your life long and of service to your people. Prepare a noble death song for the day when you go over the great divide.
    "

"Finish today what others won't, so you can achieve tomorrow what others can't."