Quote Originally Posted by madvlad View Post
Yeah the word is that even though he was going to sign with Yamaha but HRC made him a super offer to be an HRC ambassador instead and he just called it. HRC has the money to do so and with Casey not being around anymore who better than Pedrosa for insight plus they weren’t going to give that kind of knowledge away to Yamaha and help close the gap lol
That's a interesting theory and if true, would only go to prove that Honda really have found an advantage and they don't want that secret to get away. Whether it be with the software(my opinion) or by other means. Sure Marquez is fast and extremely talented, but he's not that much better than everyone else. My view, is the RC213V is custom made and tailored to Marquez and him alone. Makes sense considering the insane saves he pulls off week in and week out. Will be interesting to see how Lorenzo fares on the Honda. I think he will adapt faster and better compared to the Ducati. I think he will even win a race or two in his first year. Will he dominate on the bike? I don't think so, but who can tell. With Marquez around, I can't see they want Lorenzo to dominate more than him, but in essence they want him to pick up where Dani left off and that's take points away from the competition.

With that said, I am bummed to see Pedrosa retire. He's a classy and professional racer and very humble. I think MotoGP was the better for it, because Pedrosa raced so long in the premier class. Congrats and best wishes to Dani.