Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 29101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 MOTOGP Season ****SPOILER ALERT*** *****WARNING - SPOILER *******

Re: 2018 MOTOGP Season ****SPOILER ALERT*** *****WARNING - SPOILER *******

Quote Originally Posted by salsashark View Post
    Was riding back from Sturgis yesterday, so didn't get to watch the race til last night. I will say that normally, I struggle to get quality HD from their feeds, but I switched over to the HTML5 instead of the flash player and the quality and speed has been top notch... even on my crappy chrome book.
    Yeah, I use the new one as well and it's worked really well and seems to not have any issues. But for some reason since Sachsenring the new HTML5 player has ran like ass for me. So I'm not sure what is causing the problem.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"So live your life so the fear of death can never enter your heart. Trouble no one about their religion; respect others in their views, and demand that they respect yours. Love your life, perfect your life, beautify all things in your life. Seek to make your life long and of service to your people. Prepare a noble death song for the day when you go over the great divide.
    "

"Finish today what others won't, so you can achieve tomorrow what others can't."

Well there goes Yamaha’s hope for a championship.... fucking idiots
    www.mo-door.com
    https://64degreeracing.com/

2003 VFR800
    2007 GSX-R600
    2007 R1
    2003 R6 Race bike
    2010 Ducati SF1098
    2016 60th R1
    2018 Aprilia Tuono V4 1100RR (Always say I'm done riding but the results state that I lied... )

Quote Originally Posted by madvlad View Post
    Well there goes Yamaha’s hope for a championship.... fucking idiots
    LOL!!

Yeah, they look terrible at the Red Bull Ring. Rossi even said it at Brno, that they would suffer in Austria. Zarco is the best in Q2 and he's .6s off of Marquez.

Yamaha in general have completely lost the plot of what's going on. You can see it in their eyes when the camera scans the garage. All of them have the"deer in headlights" look. You can tell they have absolutely no clue how to fix whatever is the problem. Commentators even said it, it's starting to get embarrassing for Yamaha at this point.

Oh well, they'll figure it out in the end lol!!

Tomorrow's podium, Dovi, Marquez and Lorenzo
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"So live your life so the fear of death can never enter your heart. Trouble no one about their religion; respect others in their views, and demand that they respect yours. Love your life, perfect your life, beautify all things in your life. Seek to make your life long and of service to your people. Prepare a noble death song for the day when you go over the great divide.
    "

"Finish today what others won't, so you can achieve tomorrow what others can't."

Yeah I mean it was obvious they would struggle as they always do but damn, shit went south in the most colossal of ways and at the worst of times
    www.mo-door.com

2003 VFR800
    2007 GSX-R600
    2007 R1
    2003 R6 Race bike
    2010 Ducati SF1098
    2016 60th R1
    2018 Aprilia Tuono V4 1100RR (Always say I'm done riding but the results state that I lied... )

Yeah I mean it was obvious they would struggle as they always do but damn, shit went south in the most colossal of ways and at the worst of times
    I agree, a weekend to forget for Yamaha.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"

About season and half now for them to forget... they just came out publicly and apologized to their riders but still doesn’t fix shit
    www.mo-door.com

2003 VFR800
    2007 GSX-R600
    2007 R1
    2003 R6 Race bike
    2010 Ducati SF1098
    2016 60th R1

About season and half now for them to forget... they just came out publicly and apologized to their riders but still doesn’t fix shit
    Yeah, just got home and have seen all of this. I'm a little surprised by all of this. Either something is very, very wrong with the Yamaha or this is address something else. I think it's a little of both. I think the bike is having problems that are only magnified at this track. I also think something is wrong within Yamaha.

Rossi and Vinales have both said they like the bike, but would like to see more attention paid to the electronics as they feel that is the area that needs the improvement. And up until now, Rossi has been riding it as hard as possible to achieve the best results. Even Vinales was starting to come around after Assen.

I'm thinking that behind the scenes some heads are going to roll for all of this at Yamaha. But this is very odd for a manufacture to issue an open public apology to its riders. Something stinks about all of this.

If they really want to fix all of this, they need to go and get Furusawa(retired) back and have him work the bike over. That guy was amazing with the M1 back in 2004-2005 and I think that's what Rossi hinted at in his response to the Yamaha Apology.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"

Yeah it’s going to take some serious changes to be able to bring this back to page one, it sucks too cause man they have two quality riders that can bring it to Ducati and Honda and man if Yamaha has resources too and what’s funny is that Ducati has been the brand on financial limbo for a while and they’re as successful as ever.
    www.mo-door.com

2003 VFR800
    2007 GSX-R600
    2007 R1
    2003 R6 Race bike
    2010 Ducati SF1098
    2016 60th R1

Yeah it’s going to take some serious changes to be able to bring this back to page one, it sucks too cause man they have two quality riders that can bring it to Ducati and Honda and man if Yamaha has resources too and what’s funny is that Ducati has been the brand on financial limbo for a while and they’re as successful as ever.
    I think that's what Rossi was pointing out in his response to the apology. He mentioned that back in 2004-2005 Yamaha went all out in terms of developing a bike that would win the championship. They did well in 2004 and then Rossi crushed everyone in 2005(similar to Marquez in 2014). Yamaha was hungry back then and they were willing to do what ever was needed to achieve results.

I remember back in 2004 when Rossi tested several bikes and chose the M1 with the least powerful motor. He felt it was the best overall package though, super agile chassis, a motor that was powerful but still able to put that power to the ground. Rossi went out and won the first race(Welkom) on that 2004 bike and forever changed Yamaha.

Now, Yamaha still have a very good handling bike but it's as though they forgot how to get the power to the back wheel in a smooth and tire saving manner. Again, I blame the compulsory software that everyone now run. It's not as user friendly and easy to use as the factory bespoke software was.

It does speak volumes for just how good the factory teams had their own software. 2015 for instance, factory teams were allowed 5 engines and 20L of fuel but were able to run their own custom software. Now, everyone get 7 engines(yes KTM, Aprilia, etc. get 9) and 22L of fuel and everyone run the same software and are only able to tune it lightly, with zero customization.

What we are seeing since 2016, is that yes it's helped to level the playing field. It's brought Ducati and Suzuki(this year) into contention for race wins and podiums. And it's brought KTM and Aprilia closer to top 10 results. Surely it has helped to offer more race winners and better racing. Which honestly is very good and something that was needed.

That's the pros, so what are the cons??

Well I think we've seen it also stifle the development of Yamaha considerably(and to some degree Suzuki, last year mainly). Yamaha opted to not do what Honda and Ducati have done(poach former Magnetti Marelli employees) to help work on the current software. They are now seeing come around and bite the them in the rear in a big way.

If it was completely up to me to run things. This is how I would have handled the compulsory ECU nonsense. For all factories that were made to run the 2016 and beyond(Ducati and everyone else that hadnt' won from 2015 were already starting to use it) compulsory software, would have been to supply each manufacture with a tech/engineer/software designer from Magnetti Marellli.

That's how I see things. If DORNA was going to straight dick everyone by making them run the compulsory ECU, then they should have made it mandatory that the manufacture of the ECU(MM in this case) should supply at least one person to each manufacture, that worked on that ECU software to teach them how to work with it. It's the only way to be fair and just. If you're going to make everyone run the same software. Then nip it in the butt quick and make the software supplier have a person go work with each manufacture. Would have prevented other teams from hiring former employees away to work for them.

None of all this matters though. As Yamaha have dug their own hole and now they need to get themselves out of it. I really think they need to just shelve the 2018 season altogether. And plan on making a massive breakthrough on their 2019 machine. I mean, yeah keep trying to get results and data for the rest of the year, because somebody has to fill up those 4th through 12th places. Not to mention the great data gained from not making it through Q1 and getting stuck in 11th for the other guy in Q2 has got to be paying big dividends. So big, that Yamaha have to issue an apology about it.

In short, it's going to be a painful race tomorrow for team Yamaha.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"

Just finished watching the race and it wasn't a bad one. The duel to the end was good. Had hope that Dovi would have been able to get into the fight as well. Congrats to Lorenzo, he was fast and made it all count.

Rossi did a great salvage job. I think it's a testament to his commitment to get the bike working. At one point in the race, the commentators said the only three faster riders on the track than Rossi were the front three. So he had good pace and was chewing his way back through the pack. Vinales went backwards again and then came back. So he's got his own problems to figure out.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"

www.mo-door.com

2003 VFR800
    2007 GSX-R600
    2007 R1
    2003 R6 Race bike
    2010 Ducati SF1098
    2016 60th R1

Figured Morbidelli would be one to go. Little surprised by Quartararo. But he's new and brings a breathe of fresh air to the paddock. He's a better and safer bet than some of the re-treads left(i.e. Smith, Abraham, Redding etc..)

Speaking of Redding, did you see his comments about Aprilia and the bike after the race?? Suffice to say, he didn't just burn that bridge, he took off and nuked the site from orbit just to be sure. Honestly though, I can't blame the guy for laying into Aprilia the way he did. I'm not saying Redding is an amazing rider or had tons of promise but if a manufacture isn't willing to fix some problems. Then it will eventually come out. I think A. Espargaro is basically overriding the bike, whereas Redding just gave up on it.

His comments: https://www.crash.net/motogp/news/90...end-hell-start

Now, I'm just waiting for the same thing to come from Vinales. Though, I think Maverick wants to win and has a more professional approach to the whole concept. He's not going to burn the bridge. Yet, you can tell he's getting really frustrated. Which I think has to do with how he started last year. He won three races in five races, dominated winter testing and was touted as being the one to take the fight to Marquez. Then the wheels came off when the heat went up and they(Yamaha) lost their way. So he knows he can win, and being win-less for so long just makes it even more excruciating.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"

Decent results from Yamaha so far in FP1-2, hope weather stays dry for tomorrow
    www.mo-door.com

2003 VFR800
    2007 GSX-R600
    2007 R1
    2003 R6 Race bike
    2010 Ducati SF1098
    2016 60th R1

Decent results from Yamaha so far in FP1-2, hope weather stays dry for tomorrow
    Hope for a dry race, would like to see what, if any advancements Yamaha made during the Misano test. Rossi said, he tried some new stuff in FP2 that Vinales has used at the Misano test and that it was positive. So we'll see.

As usual, I'm not holding my breath though, this is Silverstone and anything can happen. Probably get rained out, we haven't had a proper rain race this season.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"

LOL!!! Factory Yamaha really have their head in their ass....
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"

Spoke too soon... lord wtf was that?
    www.mo-door.com

2003 VFR800
    2007 GSX-R600
    2007 R1
    2003 R6 Race bike
    2010 Ducati SF1098
    2016 60th R1

Ahhhhh fucking rain...
    www.mo-door.com

2003 VFR800
    2007 GSX-R600
    2007 R1
    2003 R6 Race bike
    2010 Ducati SF1098
    2016 60th R1

Ahhhhh fucking rain...
    Heard that!!

An investigation has been launched. Six weeks and we'll get an answer as to what the problem is. I can already tell them what their problem is, poor design and zero storm water runoff.

I'm sure the UK have their own set of "codes" they have to permit for. But here in the US, just about everything new(meaning new buildings, or parking lots for that matter) are required to have catch basins or sediment retention ponds that catch the storm water run off and then let it filter down either through the sediment itself or then fill up to a point and then release that water into culverts that divert the water into a river or stream.

Silverstone really needs to in the off season, trench two long lines, along that back straight and install lots of french drains. They can then drain into a main drain/pipe and that can take the water off site, via storm water run off system.

Also wouldn't hurt to go along the back straight and cut in a long swale with check damns that would help with water run off and sediment retention.

Obviously, any storm water management system can and sometimes will get overwhelmed with water. That usually occurs during quick bursts of extreme torrential downpours, and not the steady rains we saw in Silverstone.

That whole fiasco at Silverstone could have been avoided if someone would have paid attention and installed proper BMP's for storm water runoff.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"

Yeah not sure how it all works in that area but definitely zero drainage. That company is about to get the daylights used out of them for damages from both silverstone and Dorna. Fans were livid and there was talk that no refunds would be given. This is going to create some problems for the future scheduling of silverstone
    www.mo-door.com

2003 VFR800
    2007 GSX-R600
    2007 R1
    2003 R6 Race bike
    2010 Ducati SF1098
    2016 60th R1

Well, for you two, look at the upside. Yamaha didn't lose any points to Honda and Ducati this weekend...
    Do not put off living the life you dream of. Next year may never come. If we are always waiting for something to change...
    Retirement, the kids to leave home, the weather or the economy, that's not living. That's waiting!
    Waiting will only leaves us with unrealized dreams and empty wishes.

Yeah not sure how it all works in that area but definitely zero drainage. That company is about to get the daylights used out of them for damages from both silverstone and Dorna. Fans were livid and there was talk that no refunds would be given. This is going to create some problems for the future scheduling of silverstone
    Wow, no refunds?? Now that is a dick move. If they aren't going to refund the money, then what should be done, is those people keep their tickets and present them at next year's British GP and they can gain entrance for free(well not free, as they've paid for a race they never got).

Wouldn't mind seeing Donington make a comeback at least it's able to be raced on during rains.

Or another thing they could do, is look into moving the timing of the British GP. It's always in mid-summer and that's a bad time for rains. Maybe move it up into the Spring time or back during the Fall. Might help in missing the heavy rain season. I know, it's England and it's always wet there but they need to figure something out. People shouldn't be getting jived out of their money with tickets to a race that gets cancelled.

They did the right thing in cancelling because it would have been chaos for all the racers. I remember(thinking it was back in 2014) that a rider in WSBK died at the Russia track because of the torrential rains while racing. Was a big accident caused by all the spray kicked up.

Well, for you two, look at the upside. Yamaha didn't lose any points to Honda and Ducati this weekend...
    LOL!! that's what I was thinking. Yamaha must have been happy to not get their teeth kicked in for the nth time this season.

Don't worry though, they'll get it handed to them in Misano in a few weeks time.

What sucks is I really feel back for Rossi(as I'm a huge fan) and Vinales(I think he's a good racer). They are the two having to deal with the embarrassment out on track.

As for Yamaha the company, the top brass and team managers, it just puts a smile on my face every time they taste failure.

It's the same reason I piled on Ducati all the time(before they started being competitive again). I had nothing against the brand or the bike. But my issue was with the manufacture itself being so blind and believing their own BS, that they wouldn't listen to their riders. They did it with Stoner, they really did it with Rossi. And it wasn't until they brought in D'allngna and got the concessions when they started to turn things around. They let someone with a visions take the helm and drive the development and actually help make a bike that was competitive.

Suzuki on the other hand is different. I'm a Suzuki guy through and through. Suzuki can make a great bike, their problem is retaining a great rider. They had one in Vinales, and I think he would have taken that bike to levels I'm afraid they won't see anytime soon now. I think he could have been a championship contender with the Suzuki. From my personal point of view, had I been in Vinales shoes. I wouldn't have chosen to stay with Suzuki and have the bike completely developed around me. Sure, Yamaha looks great and wonderful and it was a championship winning bike. Problem is, it sucks now and it's really deflated him. Rossi is pretty immune to this kind of disappointment. I mean, he did two years on a Ducati that went nowhere. So he's built up the mental fortitude to tough through this. Vinales, may never rebound if he can't get some results.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"

A sad note for anybody with DirecTV, BeIN Sports is in contract dispute with DirecTV and the channel is down. Comcast I believe is still down too. I dont know how this will turn out as they are not asking for more money per subscriber but they want to be moved into a lower package which means more subscribers and therefore more expense. If it doesnt work out hopefully Dorna can work things out with Fox Sports for both MotoGP and WSB

Lol
    www.mo-door.com

2003 VFR800
    2007 GSX-R600
    2007 R1
    2003 R6 Race bike
    2010 Ducati SF1098
    2016 60th R1

Quote Originally Posted by longrider View Post
    A sad note for anybody with DirecTV, BeIN Sports is in contract dispute with DirecTV and the channel is down. Comcast I believe is still down too. I dont know how this will turn out as they are not asking for more money per subscriber but they want to be moved into a lower package which means more subscribers and therefore more expense. If it doesnt work out hopefully Dorna can work things out with Fox Sports for both MotoGP and WSB
    Would really like to see this happen, as it's getting old seeing how stubborn BeIN Sports is getting with their channel. I'd love to see WSBK and MotoGP go back to Fox Sports 1 or 2. Would mean we'd get it back in HD, cause even when I used to get BeIN Sports on DTV, it never came in good HD. Not compared to MotoGP.com's HD streaming that is. But I've got the subscription for MotoGP, what I'd like to get back is WSBK.

The only thing cool about BeIN is their YouTube channel they have, where I get to watch the MotoAmerica races for free. Usually get them a day or two late but who cares, they are free streaming and I still get to see the races.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"