Thread: 2019 MOTOGP Season ****SPOILER ALERT*** *****WARNING - SPOILER *******

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: 2019 MOTOGP Season ****SPOILER ALERT*** *****WARNING - SPOILER *******

Not sure if anyone noticed this weekend's WSBK results, but Bautista did it again with a hat trick of wins. He's 6 for 6 this year. Johnny Rea has come in 2nd in every race as well. Looks like some competition has finally arrived in WSBK.

Which I think also confirms the current level of MotoGP riders vs. other riders. It's clear they are light years faster. Chaz Davies can't even get a sniff of the pace that Alvaro is showing.

Like to see how the next few races pan out, we will start to see if the pace Bautista is showing will only get better or Rea will finally have some answers. At this point, he's beating Rea by upwards of 10+ seconds per full race(sprint races don't count even though Bautista still won by over 1.5sec).

I'm sure some of this has to do with the technical restrictions in rev's Kawasaki has been given. But this is bad, Bautista is throwing the rest of the field a monstrous beating in each race.
    Last edited by The Black Knight; Sat Mar 23rd, 2019 at 10:52 AM.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"So live your life so the fear of death can never enter your heart. Trouble no one about their religion; respect others in their views, and demand that they respect yours. Love your life, perfect your life, beautify all things in your life. Seek to make your life long and of service to your people. Prepare a noble death song for the day when you go over the great divide.
    "

"Finish today what others won't, so you can achieve tomorrow what others can't."

I wouldn't be surprised to see some RPM limit shuffling, but I think he's likely to continue winning.

Sounds like there should be a ruling on the Ducati protest tomorrow, I'll be curious to see what happens. Sounds like the Aprilia team wants the Qatar results to stand, but the scoop ruled illegal. If it's not found illegal, I expect it to show up on almost all the bikes. It's got ideal placement for more down force while accelerating but then decreasing at speed.
    Blair
    2000 GSX750F, 2003 YZ450F, 2004 GSXR750, 2006 ZX-14
    2013 CBR500R, 2016 YZF-R6 - MRA #760

Quote Originally Posted by blaircsf View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised to see some RPM limit shuffling, but I think he's likely to continue winning.

Sounds like there should be a ruling on the Ducati protest tomorrow, I'll be curious to see what happens. Sounds like the Aprilia team wants the Qatar results to stand, but the scoop ruled illegal. If it's not found illegal, I expect it to show up on almost all the bikes. It's got ideal placement for more down force while accelerating but then decreasing at speed.
    That's what I've been reading. Qatar result would stand but if ruled illegal, then from Argentina forward no more rear wings. I agree with you, if it does stand, then we may see it all over the place with all teams.

I'm surprised Yamaha wouldn't want it stay, may help them in getting traction to that rear tire. Seems they are having some spinning issues, yet again. This could help in getting that rear tire to plant and drive out.

I'm kind of getting the feeling MotoGP is turning into Formula 1. Teams are starting to take digs at each other for technical advantages or body work advantages.

I will say this, read in an article somewhere that DORNA did have some Formula 1 aerodynamics experts take a look at the wing and they all said, the only reason it was on there was for down force. And if anyone is going to know the business of down force it's going to be people from the F1 paddock.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"So live your life so the fear of death can never enter your heart. Trouble no one about their religion; respect others in their views, and demand that they respect yours. Love your life, perfect your life, beautify all things in your life. Seek to make your life long and of service to your people. Prepare a noble death song for the day when you go over the great divide.
    "

"Finish today what others won't, so you can achieve tomorrow what others can't."