I agree, it was a crappy of a race in terms of excitement and racing. Kind of processional at best. Not lots of dog fighting and just looked more like a long practice session for some of the riders.

I've been looking at MotoGP.com and it seems their race analysis PDF is broken/or down. I was curious to see Rossi and Vinales laps. Commentators mentioned it and it was obvious that Rossi had some decent pace, just his qualifying jacked his race for sure. Vinales didn't really seem to go forward, rather just inherited some positions by others breaking or losing their tires. So I would have liked to have seen Vinales race pace vs. Rossi's race pace. I think had Rossi started higher up(i.e. row 2 at least), he would have gone with Rins. Not sure if he would have beaten Rins, but had podium pace for sure.

So I don't really feel bad for Rossi in this race. He seems to have found some speed but he's back to sucking during Qualifying sessions. At least this race wasn't an utter disaster for him and he's within 9 points of Marquez. It's still game on for anyone, though the pendulum did swing heavily back in Marquez' favor.

That being said, the real loser in this race was Lorenzo. That guy is going to have a real bad next couple of days. He got it handed to him by the test rider. Lorenzo looks deflated at the moment. He built up Jerez so much and it tanked for him. I'm sure he's going to come to grips with the Honda, but this race made him look really bad. If he has a few more results like this, I can honestly see HRC thinking about dropping him after one year. I'd say even if he has several more results like this, the only way he could stop the bleeding, would be to go on a win streak, and that may even be too late. His results suck, and this was supposed to be the race that turned things around.

If he can't get it together by Sachsenring, we may not be seeing Lorenzo after 2019.