Quote Originally Posted by blaircsf View Post
I'm still not convinced this will be the greatest thing ever as some people seem to think. Lorenzo is definitely a talented / fast rider, but the past couple seasons point to him really struggling if the bike isn't ideal for him. With the same bike, same team, etc, Marquez and Dovi were getting much better results. Could MM and Dovi benefit from the Lorenzo changes, maybe but also maybe not? Yamaha doesn't need to design a bike Lorenzo can ride fast currently, they need a bike that Vinales/Quatararo/Rossi can win races on. I guess we will have to wait and see...
Yeah I honestly don't see this benefiting Yamaha much to be honest. Like you said the conditions have to be perfect for him to ride the piss out of that thing and he's said it in the past that he's not the most mechanically inclined rider also reason why when the bike isn't perfect for him, he's always struggled. He likes smooth style and well who doesn't you know? He can't figure it out on the go. He also left Yamaha before the changes that created the issues so he doesn't even know what he's getting himself into. The last Yamaha he had was a very well rounded bike and they didn't have the tire wear and spin issues unlike the last 2 bikes and possible 3 including this one cause the last two tests really didn't conclude anything better for them so who knows what the Sepang test will tell them. Guess we'll see as time goes on and see if he can indeed deliver the answers that Yamaha needs although I doubt it