2010 Ducati SF1098
    2016 60th R1
    2018 Aprilia Tuono V4 1100RR
    2024 Aprilia Tuono Factory Ultra Gold

Re: 22' MotoGP/WSBK/MotoAmerica discussion thread **SPOILER ALERT**

Quote Originally Posted by madvlad View Post
    Toprak hints at possible 2023 MotoGP move

https://www.motorcyclesports.net/fea...-razgatlioglu/
    That would mean Yamaha are either expecting Fabio Quartararo to leave after next season, or they don't expect Morbidelli to perform well. Wouldn't be surprised to see Fabio go to Ducati. Although I'm reading reports that Ducati and also Honda are interested in Joan Mir. For some reason, either Marquez isn't healing fast enough or he may not be coming back at all. Or if he does he may never be the Marquez of before, or they may think Pol E. is on his way out as well.

I think we are going to get into the "silly season" quick this year. Lots of contacts coming up and lots of guys getting the boot in my opinion. Suzuki may have two seats open if Mir jumps ship, and Rins won't be retained if he can't stop crashing. Factory Yamaha may turn up to be question marks for both seats come the end of this year. One would think Ducati are pretty secure, but I'm reading rumblings that if Miller can't get it done this year, he may be on his way out. Especially, since Stoner is talking about coming back to Ducati as a rider advisor/coach type role.

Really could turn out to be a year where all the lesser factory teams and the satellites are the safest places to be as a rider.

If Fabio goes on to win it all again this year or even come second. I would think he's got his choice of where to go. I think the strongest title contender this year will be Bagnaia, followed by FQ and maybe throwing Mir, Miller and Marquez(if healthy) into the mix for the championship. The minor aliens will always be there as well, with Morbidelli, Rins, KTM A squad and B squad Ducati guys all featuring for podiums and race wins depending on the circuits.

Honestly, 2022 could be just a few guys fighting it out all year or a large group should things even out come season opener. I think as always, the title will get decided in the first half and whoever is in the lead at that point will play conservative. Unless it's a Ducati, then I would think a guy like Bagnaia will try and pile on the rest if he can. Might as well, if you have the bike to crap on the entire grid with, then go for it. But I think Fabio will be in it again, he's won one championship and knows how it's done. He will be looking to secure wins and podiums quick before mid season to shore up a lead. Then try and take some wins here and there in part 2.

I think we will have 5 to 8 race winners this year. Bagnaia, FQ, Morbidelli, Miller, Marquez, with the KTM boys taking some wins at the circuits they are strong at. Everything else is just up in the air at this point.

Would really like to see how Toprak's wild card races go. If he sucks bad, then he might want to rethink the whole "gotta be in MotoGP by year 23.." mindset. If he's fast and does well(say top 10), then yeah we just might see him jump over.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"So live your life so the fear of death can never enter your heart. Trouble no one about their religion; respect others in their views, and demand that they respect yours. Love your life, perfect your life, beautify all things in your life. Seek to make your life long and of service to your people. Prepare a noble death song for the day when you go over the great divide.
    "

"Finish today what others won't, so you can achieve tomorrow what others can't."