Thread: So did a thing...

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: So did a thing...

Quote Originally Posted by ~Barn~ View Post
    Listen.... fellas. It's closing time and I'm going to need you to finish your drinks and head on out, okay?

welcome to the forgotten club
    www.mo-door.com
    https://64degreeracing.com/

2003 VFR800
    2007 GSX-R600
    2007 R1
    2003 R6 Race bike
    2010 Ducati SF1098
    2016 60th R1
    2018 Aprilia Tuono V4 1100RR
    2024 Aprilia Tuono Factory Ultra Gold

Bored on a Friday afternoon while winding down... Figured I'd click through some old links... Found this thread. Glad to see someone left the lights on.

Damir, glad you're enjoying the Tuono... Even though you're stuck in flat-land hell! Get up to the Appalachians. That bike will thank you.

Thought I was done with sport-bikes, but got lured back in by one more. Probably the last one I buy.

Deposit is down, now waiting for the bike to show up. 1 of 70 Speed White 2023 Aprilia Factory Tuonos coming to the US has my name on it!

Will be joining these two, already at home

'23 Aprilia Tuareg (Billy goat mountain road bike)
    '17 Ducati Multistrada Enduro (promoted to touring duty)

Do not put off living the life you dream of. Next year may never come. If we are always waiting for something to change...
    Retirement, the kids to leave home, the weather or the economy, that's not living. That's waiting!
    Waiting will only leaves us with unrealized dreams and empty wishes.

Quote Originally Posted by salsashark View Post
    Bored on a Friday afternoon while winding down... Figured I'd click through some old links... Found this thread. Glad to see someone left the lights on.

Damir, glad you're enjoying the Tuono... Even though you're stuck in flat-land hell! Get up to the Appalachians. That bike will thank you.

Thought I was done with sport-bikes, but got lured back in by one more. Probably the last one I buy.

Deposit is down, now waiting for the bike to show up. 1 of 70 Speed White 2023 Aprilia Factory Tuonos coming to the US has my name on it!

Will be joining these two, already at home

'23 Aprilia Tuareg (Billy goat mountain road bike)
    '17 Ducati Multistrada Enduro (promoted to touring duty)

What up dude? haha, forgot to grab your number before I left social media man as I knew you were coming down to Winter Haven to get your new ride come spring time, bummer we couldn't link up bro but glad she's home, let me know if you're ever back in this area. Congrats on the new Factory Tuono, saw their unveiling at COTA earlier this year and man they're freaking sweet! Yeah, the flat land riding out here sucks without a doubt, which is why I rarely ride it but for some early breakfast in st pete by the pier or go to to the beach later in the day to chill and watch the sunset. Do miss the mountains dearly on that end but a hell of a bike nonetheless, Aprilia did a great job with it honestly but with my shoulder/neck issues doubt I'd be able to tour it even though going TN is in the works. Debating on whether to keep it though or trade it and get into a FJR/Multi for long distance, went to Ducati of Tampa Bay demo day last month and test rode a fully dressed Multi and man that thing was butter but at almost $30k, I'd have to give it some serious consideration . I'd get a fully equipped FJR for less than $20k and does the same job but the problem is finding them. How are you liking the Tuareg so far, did you guys end up riding back home or towed them out there from here?
    Last edited by madvlad; Sat Jul 1st, 2023 at 11:00 AM.
    www.mo-door.com

2003 VFR800
    2007 GSX-R600
    2007 R1
    2003 R6 Race bike
    2010 Ducati SF1098
    2016 60th R1

No worries... wasn't in a good place when I was in FL anyways. Sick parents are not fun!

We got down there in May and rode the Tuaregs back to CO. Took the scenic route. Lots of 2-lanes, little dirt, tons of fun!

Yeah... couldn't resist the white! It's a beaut. Now, if Aprilia would just ship the damned bike!!!

Yeah, I don't know if I can justify a new Multi-V4. I don't really want all the tech. Gonna keep the twin for a while. It makes a solid tourer. Look into the twins, they're not 30K. Also, go ride a tuareg. Super comfy, tour capable, and a straight hooligan bike. We were out today and I told Doung (King Nothing) that dollar for dollar, probably the best bike I've owned when looking at pure giddiness and good times riding.

No worries... wasn't in a good place when I was in FL anyways. Sick parents are not fun!

We got down there in May and rode the Tuaregs back to CO. Took the scenic route. Lots of 2-lanes, little dirt, tons of fun!

Yeah... couldn't resist the white! It's a beaut. Now, if Aprilia would just ship the damned bike!!!

Yeah, I don't know if I can justify a new Multi-V4. I don't really want all the tech. Gonna keep the twin for a while. It makes a solid tourer. Look into the twins, they're not 30K. Also, go ride a tuareg. Super comfy, tour capable, and a straight hooligan bike. We were out today and I told Doung (King Nothing) that dollar for dollar, probably the best bike I've owned when looking at pure giddiness and good times riding.
    Oh man, sorry to hear about the parents. Glad you guys had a good ride back man, honestly never been much of a dirt guy so not sure if the Tuareg would be a good option at least in that arena but guess good to have the option in case maybe I get into it later on, who knows . The local Ape dealer I got mine from here in Largo is having a demo day next weekend, may go give the Tuareg a whirl and see how I feel on it, definitely want something more comfortable, sucks getting older and all these work injuries don't get better . Right there with you honestly, not a fan of all the tech on bikes now, do like the cruise control on the Tuono mainly slabbing it here but about it. I hate all the other rider aids on it, can't ride the bike like I want to and it has buckled me very nasty and randomly, I just turn all that shit off now, rides much better when my TC is the throttle/rear brake like I'm used to riding from back in the day. Hope the Tuono makes it to you soon man, post some pics when you get it.
    www.mo-door.com

2003 VFR800
    2007 GSX-R600
    2007 R1
    2003 R6 Race bike
    2010 Ducati SF1098
    2016 60th R1

Quote Originally Posted by madvlad View Post
    Hope the Tuono makes it to you soon man, post some pics when you get it.
    Bike arrived on Friday... prepped and delivered on Saturday.

Did a handful of canyons on Sunday... Unfortunately, the weather wasn't on the same game plan. Lots of fog and drizzle, so it kept the riding to a minimum. Still did around 150 miles yesterday.

Do not put off living the life you dream of. Next year may never come. If we are always waiting for something to change...
    Retirement, the kids to leave home, the weather or the economy, that's not living. That's waiting!
    Waiting will only leaves us with unrealized dreams and empty wishes.

Bike arrived on Friday... prepped and delivered on Saturday.

Did a handful of canyons on Sunday... Unfortunately, the weather wasn't on the same game plan. Lots of fog and drizzle, so it kept the riding to a minimum. Still did around 150 miles yesterday.

Badass dude, love that white paint scheme honestly. Post some pics when you get a chance bro. Any mods planned for it?
    www.mo-door.com

2003 VFR800
    2007 GSX-R600
    2007 R1
    2003 R6 Race bike
    2010 Ducati SF1098
    2016 60th R1