Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Assembly charge

Re: Assembly charge

Quote Originally Posted by *GSXR~SNAIL*
    This may or may not be news to you all.

http://www.fremontmotorsports.com/HTML/sale_price.htm

They will sell you a 2006 Yamaha R1 for $10,399(a $1,000 under MSRP)+35.00(title paper work) + whatever your tax rate is.

As you can see on the webpage at/near the top of page, "Prices below includes prep/ freight to dealer/ and any other dealer fee."

I am currently in the market for a new bike, and at least two local Denver metro area dealers have agreed to honor what I could pay at Fremont.

Something to consider...
    Go to fremont motorsports. They WILL deal with you. They have been great to me i have bought 2 bikes from them. They have great service great customer support and their prices always beat everyone else because they are a small town shop and not out to make top dollar. Get your bike from someone who will take care of you AFTER the sale! just my 2 cents

Quote Originally Posted by rforsythe
    So what about all those reports that the manufacturer reimburses the dealership for assembly and prep? True? Not true?
    true - on some bikes the technician gets jacked, on others it is about right. but remember as well as building the bike, you have to pay a lot tech to unload it, wash it afterwards, you sometimes have crate disposal etc. sure it doesnt break the bank but all those little costs add up quick.

The biggest problem with the powersports industry is that it is loads of fun, so everyone expects shop owners to do it for fun as well, unfortuneately when they have a nut to crack every month, and i have rent to pay each month they will try to make a profit and i will keep food on the table.

There are a lot of people who havent actually got a clue about the powersports industry speculating about what is going on and all that does is get people who believe everything they read pissed off before they even set foot in the dealership.

OEM's are starting to come down hard on dealers that whore out product and live off the holdback, soon if you advertise or sell out of your area you will lose your holdback, this means internet sales, ebay etc. this is the same thing that has happened with a lot of the helmet companies, ie. you cant 'advertise' for less than 10% off of MSRP etc.

The powersports industry has one of the highest staff turnover rates of any industry out there, this is because dealers who whore products out (like the above mentioned dealer/s) have a certain busines model which only benefits one person (the dealer principle), they dont pay their staff shit because they arent making a profit on the bikes or parts, the staff get pissed and leave, then you have some pimply faced kid fresh out of MMI with a piece of paper that says he knows how to work on your $10,000 motorcycle with a hammer, and some other kid behind the parts counter that doesnt give a shit about your prozed possession and is only working there to get cheap parts for themself.

There is a Motorcycle Industry News magazine that is only avaliable to dealers, this magazine paints a good picture of what is happening in each market, it breaks it down into every segment (scooters/dirt/quads/trail/street-sport/street-cruiser etc) and is an interesting read, lets just say get to know your dealer now as they may not be around for long if they continue their current business model
    It is what it is

when i bought my new cbr 1000rr..it was still in the crate (they had to put it together), i saw it with my own two eyes....As far as that particular bike goes...all they have to do is put the windshield on and fill it up with fluids..... I know not all bikes are the same, but how in the hell are some of these places gonna charge over $300 to put it together..then over $200 to service it???? That seems like highway robbery!
    My crotchrocket can out run and out manuver your hogg.......The best part is it cost half the price.
    2007 GSXR 1000
    2006 CBR 1000RR
    -DEFLAPPED
    -YOSHI RS 5
    -POWERCOMMANDER
    -520 CONVERSION
    -+2 REAR -1 FRONT
    -speedo healer