Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 3456789 ... LastLast

Thread: 2017 MOTOGP Season ****SPOILER ALERT*** *****WARNING - SPOILER *******

Re: 2017 MOTOGP Season ****SPOILER ALERT*** *****WARNING - SPOILER *******

Agreed it was a good race. I hate that some of these races are being decided on tires but I guess you could say that about all the races in every series. Some bikes(manufacturer's) are better it seems on low traction. Last year's M1 seems to be a better package on low traction.

It sure is mixing up the championship!

You know the three of us should meet up one morning somewhere to watch the race. We are all up at the same time it seems
    Tom
    '07 ZX-6R
    '12 1199 Panigale S

Quote Originally Posted by madvlad View Post
    Fucking A Man, Dovi on a mission and shoving it up Lorenzos and Ducatis ass. Hope he wins the title this season.
    Oh yes, I much prefer to see Dovi doing well over Lorenzo. Still can't comprehend Lorenzo's yo-yo thing throughout the race. Usually when tires drop off, they drop off and that's it. For him, seems they dropped then came back. Could have been a fuel load thing, where once he was able to burn off X-amount of fuel, the bike balanced out and he was able to push better.

I honestly think Dovi is a title contender now. His win in Mugello wasn't a flash in the pan and I think he's in some good form. The way he's riding is meticulous and he really saves those tires. He's basically riding the way Lorenzo used to ride the Yamaha, faultless.

Quote Originally Posted by Gramps View Post
    Agreed it was a good race. I hate that some of these races are being decided on tires but I guess you could say that about all the races in every series. Some bikes(manufacturer's) are better it seems on low traction. Last year's M1 seems to be a better package on low traction.

It sure is mixing up the championship!

You know the three of us should meet up one morning somewhere to watch the race. We are all up at the same time it seems
    That was always my main worry when Michelin was brought in and we saw some of the debacles from last season and it seems those same gremlins have translated over into this year's championship. Michelin just isn't up to the same level as Bridgestone was at. The fronts were so good that you could deal with a crappy rear on the Bridgestones and still make good races. Now, with bad fronts that's where all the riders get their confidence from. If that front tire isn't doing it's job, doesn't matter how awesome that rear tire is.

Last year's M1 is a better bike all around compared to the 2017 version.

I'm always up early, blame it on my profession. Least now where I work, I'm not in til 7am, my old job started at 6am. So I've always been an early riser. With it being so ingrained in my now, I get up usually around 530 on weekends without an alarm on. If I sleep in til 630 or 7am that's rare for me. I like being up early and getting a jump on the day, even if I don't do much for that day. Still like getting all I can out of the daylight. There were times I used to get up to watch the Moto3 and Moto2 races and then said forget that. 530 on a Sunday is one thing, but I'm not getting up at 3am for Moto3 LOL!, I'll just catch the races later.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"So live your life so the fear of death can never enter your heart. Trouble no one about their religion; respect others in their views, and demand that they respect yours. Love your life, perfect your life, beautify all things in your life. Seek to make your life long and of service to your people. Prepare a noble death song for the day when you go over the great divide.
    "

"Finish today what others won't, so you can achieve tomorrow what others can't."

Those of you with Playstation Vue accounts, if you're not aware. Sony has dropped BeIN Sports from their line up. Citing differences in contract negotiations. Luckily, I do the MotoGP subscription but usually watch Moto3 and Moto2 on BeIn later in the day as I don't feel like hooking my laptop back up to my tv for streaming.

Just a heads up people, no more BeIN sports for Playstation Vue users...
    Last edited by The Black Knight; Sun Jun 11th, 2017 at 04:25 PM. Reason: typo
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"So live your life so the fear of death can never enter your heart. Trouble no one about their religion; respect others in their views, and demand that they respect yours. Love your life, perfect your life, beautify all things in your life. Seek to make your life long and of service to your people. Prepare a noble death song for the day when you go over the great divide.
    "

"Finish today what others won't, so you can achieve tomorrow what others can't."

It's "citing", not siting. ; )

Quote Originally Posted by Kristian View Post
    It's "citing", not siting. ; )
    Yeah, my lovely samsung likes to play tricks with words on me. One of my phone's favorite things to do to me, is when I type the word "and" for some reason it always changes it over to "ans"... I don't get it.. I'll change it to reflect the correct word..
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"

Man I am seriously loving the unpredictability of this season, it truly is anybody's game awesome qualifier session. If Zarco keeps this up I am sure he will take Rossis' seat after 18'
    www.mo-door.com
    https://64degreeracing.com/

2003 VFR800
    2007 GSX-R600
    2007 R1
    2003 R6 Race bike
    2010 Ducati SF1098
    2016 60th R1
    2018 Aprilia Tuono V4 1100RR (Always say I'm done riding but the results state that I lied... )

Dude what a race, Assen never fails to deliver. Holy chet that had me at the edge of my bed man. This is what is all about, what a showdown! Rossi back in contention again and Dovi leads the charge. Bummer for Viñales though
    www.mo-door.com

2003 VFR800
    2007 GSX-R600
    2007 R1
    2003 R6 Race bike
    2010 Ducati SF1098
    2016 60th R1
    2018 Aprilia Tuono V4 1100RR (Always say I'm done riding but the results state that I lied... )

Dude what a race, Assen never fails to deliver. Holy chet that had me at the edge of my bed man. This is what is all about, what a showdown! Rossi back in contention again and Dovi leads the charge. Bummer for Viñales though
    Yeah, I'm going to have to watch it. Did it come on way earlier?? Got up my normal time(545ish) and the race was over and Moto2 was coming on. Didn't think they changed it up from the normal time, then again it is Assen.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"

They decided to go on before Moto2 so 5 am was the start time
    www.mo-door.com

2003 VFR800
    2007 GSX-R600
    2007 R1
    2003 R6 Race bike
    2010 Ducati SF1098
    2016 60th R1

Crow will be on the menu in a variety of places today!!!

Hell of a race and if anyone thinks a certain someone is not competitive anymore they must not be paying attention.

GOAT!
    Tom
    '07 ZX-6R
    '12 1199 Panigale S

Quote Originally Posted by Gramps View Post
    Crow will be on the menu in a variety of places today!!!

Hell of a race and if anyone thinks a certain someone is not competitive anymore they must not be paying attention.

GOAT!
    Wouldn't quite count the chickens before they hatch on this one. I'm also elated that Rossi took his first win this year(should have been his second), but let's see if he can continue this momentum. Heading into Germany, Sachsenring has always been Honda territory and I'm sure we'll also see Marquez back with a vengeance in a track he goes well at.

If and that's a big "IF" this new chassis does fix the issues Rossi has been having all season, then yes he should be way more competitive and possibly out to take a few more wins. I can't help but wonder if it's a little bit too late though. Now we're at the half way more of the season(in Germany) and it's taken the boys in Blue this long to figure out. The one saving grace for Rossi and everyone else(besides Vinales) is the fact that Vinales crashed. So now we have four riders within striking distance of the title, which bodes well for the rest of the season and the championship as a whole.

Now, had we seen a full dry race today, then I would have to say Rossi would have won by about a 3 second lead. Similar to his win in 2013. He for sure was in a class of his own today, and I think much of that had to do with the Hard rear. Rossi always has done better with harder construction tires and needed the chassis to make that happen.

Have to agree with Rossi on Zarco. Zarco needs to stop riding like a dick, he's had way too many contacts this season with riders. His aggressiveness is good, the fact that he's not smart enough to stop pulling off dumb passes is bad. I agree, that "rubbin is racin" when it's hard and fair, however he just hits people blatantly. They kept saying the whole race that Rossi ran wide, however if you look at Marquez and Petrucci behind them, both Marquez and Petrucci took somewhat similar lines to Rossi. Rossi was the widest of the quartet but freaking Zarco just has to put his bike where it doesn't belong. Look at the pass Rossi put on Petrucci, it was clean and hard and with rain on the track. Look at how Dovi, Crutchlow and Marquez diced it up. All clean and hard passes in the rain as well.

I like Zarco but he sure makes it hard to like him when he does stuff like this. Then you can tell he lost his cool because he got a speeding through pitlane penalty ride through. So you know he was hot under the collar because of the contact. So yes, he needed to be slapped down a rung today.

What happened to Pedrosa today?? Guy was close to a full minute behind and all of nowhere in this race.

Must say, I had such a big grin seeing Lorenzo get lapped by Rossi and Petrucci. Just warms my heart to see Lorenzo getting such great results for Ducati. I think he can do better next race and possibly get even dead last in the race. I'll have to say it, I think Ducati made a mistake in letting Iannone go for Lorenzo. I believe that with the Ducati seemingly going well this year, we may have even seen Iannone winning a race or two as well. He's certainly faster than Dovi on the Ducati and I think they let the wrong guy go. Be nice to see Iannone and Lorenzo swap seats. The Suzuki needs someone who works really well with smooth and agile bikes and I think Lorenzo would do well on the Suzuki. Iannone just doesn't care that he's on the Suzuki and you can tell by his riding. He's fast but not in the alien club like last year.

So let's see what the rest of the season brings for Rossi. Would love to see him win a few more but I'll save the jubilation for later when I see some more consistent results and/or wins.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"

Seems like Rossi is much more comfortable with the new chassis they tested, all weekend he was actually rather good so I see him doing well moving forward. Germany has always been Honda territory but hope Yamaha can find a good set up to follow through and rival them though it won't be an easy task plus also got the satellite teams breathing down their necks and throwing a wrench on the championship program as much as I enjoy the badass ongoing battles but in the end there's no satellite rider even close to the top right now. Both Honda and Yamaha need to also think of Austria and given a Ducati is leading the charge and they own that track, they need to try to limit the point damage as much as they can and finish in front of Dovi. Hell of a race though, still can't get over how good that was.... Yeah everyone had Lorenzo already up there after his luck in Jerez and shit but it goes to show again how far away from the goal he still is and I'm just glad that Dovi is shoving it up management's and Lorenzos ass with his results and showing Ducati that he has been the man for the job all along. Hell he did all the horse work for Lorenzo to come reap it... oh wait... what does that remind you of.... lol
    www.mo-door.com

2003 VFR800
    2007 GSX-R600
    2007 R1
    2003 R6 Race bike
    2010 Ducati SF1098
    2016 60th R1

Seems like Rossi is much more comfortable with the new chassis they tested, all weekend he was actually rather good so I see him doing well moving forward. Germany has always been Honda territory but hope Yamaha can find a good set up to follow through and rival them though it won't be an easy task plus also got the satellite teams breathing down their necks and throwing a wrench on the championship program as much as I enjoy the badass ongoing battles but in the end there's no satellite rider even close to the top right now. Both Honda and Yamaha need to also think of Austria and given a Ducati is leading the charge and they own that track, they need to try to limit the point damage as much as they can and finish in front of Dovi. Hell of a race though, still can't get over how good that was.... Yeah everyone had Lorenzo already up there after his luck in Jerez and shit but it goes to show again how far away from the goal he still is and I'm just glad that Dovi is shoving it up management's and Lorenzos ass with his results and showing Ducati that he has been the man for the job all along. Hell he did all the horse work for Lorenzo to come reap it... oh wait... what does that remind you of.... lol
    Yeah I agree, if this new chassis is to Rossi's liking and ends up suiting him well, then I do see better results on the horizon. Be interesting to see how well the chassis works in Sachsenring and Austria.

I also think that Austria is going to be another stomping by Ducati. If Yamaha and Honda can't figure out how to keep up despite the lack of HP's, then it really is Ducati's to lose. Iannone left everyone for dead last year there, so I'd imagine Dovi wanting to get an easy win will try and do the same. Be interesting to see how Lorenzo goes in Austria.

Could very well be a track where Yamaha will just be in damage limitation mode. I think the Honda's will go better than the Yamaha's will at Austria.

LOL!! I agree, Lorenzo was built up to be the end all be all for Ducati. He's really turning into a turd this year on that bike. I said that back when he got the podium in Jerez. Yeah, he got a podium sooner than I thought he would, but given the fact that both Rossi and Vinales suffered, with others crashing out, then Lorenzo was lucky to see a top 7 finish.

Want to see something funny check this out: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2017_MotoGP_season
    Scroll down to the Riders Standings/Scoring System graph and check out the all the DNF's/RET's on the map. Talk about a year of attrition for everyone. You can really tell that this season has been an up and down one for everyone. No one on the map is consistent.

I think the strong satellite teams are good for the sport but bad for the championship. Good because we need to see more and more riders being competitive and actually getting podiums and wins. It shows that there are guys that might not get the TV time but are still very fast and racy. Gives the them more motivation and catches the eye of prospective factory teams for the future. Where they are bad is that they aren't always consistent and they scavenge points off the leading riders, the guys in contention for the title. They sometimes tend to rider over their abilities and may cause unwanted incidents. For as fast as Petrucci, Zarco, Bautista and Crutchlow are, they aren't within a sniff of the title and really aren't in the fight. Which is good and bad, good cause they have nothing to lose and bad cause they really have nothing to lose. So they will go for broke every time and might end up taking out someone who is actually fighting for the title. Bautista was the worst at this a few years ago. He was always taking someone out of the race. Iannone is another rider who collects others when he goes down.

Then you have to gauge the actual talent of the satellite guys. Without a doubt Zarco is fast and looks to have tons of potential. He rides that Tech3 Yamaha very well. But he falls back and lacks stamina somewhat. And as fast as Zarco is, he still in my opinion is no where near Sete Gibernau's league in terms of making a satellite back fast. That was something both Gibernau and Melandri were capable of doing on their Telefonica Movistar Honda's back in the 990 era.

I'm sure I'll get flamed but I still don't think the satellite riders of today are as fast as the satellite riders of yester-year. And what I mean by that is sure in terms of sheer speed and lap times, the riders of today are faster in every way. What they lack, is the character that makes them fast. They are more robotic fast, than organic fast. Today's satellite riders just lack that "IT" factor. The old 990 era satellite guys for the most part, had that "it factor". Again, today the bikes are faster than ever and the riders are faster than ever. But it still doesn't mean they have what it takes to make the bikes they are on super fast, the way the old school satellite guys did on their bikes.

Sorry, off on a wild tangent there....

p.s.
    yeah Lorenzo loves coming in to a bike that has been developed well. Saves him all the work.... Not only did Dovi help with the bike, I believe much of the potential that has been unlocked has to do with Stoner.
    Last edited by The Black Knight; Sun Jun 25th, 2017 at 10:07 PM. Reason: typos - damn wireless keyboard lags out and chops words
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"

Only here for the free Wi-Fi Site Admin Spiderman's Avatar

Seriously! My heart was pounding! Un-freaking-believable how close that was, all the way down to the checkered flag!
    Bob <------ Asshole Nazi devil moderator out to get each and every one of you
         - 2002 Yamaha R1 (92K+ miles... bought new) ---------------------------------------->
         - 2015 Yamaha Bolt C-Spec (Cafe Racer)
         - 2004 Yamaha R6 (racebike)
         - 2006 Yamaha R1 (racebike)
    R.I.P. 502
    ~ Everything works out in the end. If it hasn't worked out, it isn't the end.

^^ Agreed with all above... AND where in the Hell did Crutchlow come from?!
    Do not put off living the life you dream of. Next year may never come. If we are always waiting for something to change...
    Retirement, the kids to leave home, the weather or the economy, that's not living. That's waiting!
    Waiting will only leaves us with unrealized dreams and empty wishes.

Dude Crutchlow and Dovi were hauling some serious ass. Guess also you gotta figure that as Rossi slowed down it also made Petrux and Marquez slow their pace due to the sprinkling and battles back and forth so that probably helped them too. Man can't wait for this weekend already and then a month without GP.... booooo!

P.S>>>> for those of us who watch live, the GP race will be at 6 am our time (televised by BeIn sports for those interested or if you want to record it) and will be the last of the day unlike this past weekend FYI.
    Last edited by madvlad; Tue Jun 27th, 2017 at 09:03 AM.
    www.mo-door.com

2003 VFR800
    2007 GSX-R600
    2007 R1
    2003 R6 Race bike
    2010 Ducati SF1098
    2016 60th R1

Dude Crutchlow and Dovi were hauling some serious ass. Guess also you gotta figure that as Rossi slowed down it also made Petrux and Marquez slow their pace due to the sprinkling and battles back and forth so that probably helped them too. Man can't wait for this weekend already and then a month without GP.... booooo!

P.S>>>> for those of us who watch live, the GP race will be at 6 am our time (televised by BeIn sports for those interested or if you want to record it) and will be the last of the day unlike this past weekend FYI.
    For sure Rossi dropped his pace immensely when the rain started to come. He was in the 1:34's to 1:35's most of the race and then the rain came and immediately he dropped to the 1:37's and 1:38's. So when you drop off 3 to 4 seconds the competition sees that as a dangling carrot and rushes to catch up thinking there is a problem. Also Rossi is fighting for the championship, so he was in the frame of mind to not throw it down the road like he did in Le Mans.

Had the rain held off and we had a full dry race, I still believe that Rossi would have continued to clear off and won by at least three seconds. He was taking chunks of time out of Petrucci before the rain hit. So it was inevitable that Rossi was going to clear off. Even if the others managed to find a little something extra, he would have managed the gap til the end.

But that's what makes rain races or the threat of rain races so interesting. It becomes anyone's ball game at that point. Dovi wanted another win to make it three in a row. Petrucci wants that maiden win and a massive confidence boost. Rossi needed(not wanted) that win in order to keep his championship alive and prove he's still got the speed. Marquez and Crutchlow were just along for the ride that race but gave us a great ending.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"

Sooooo consensus... who here would like to maybe get together at 3 lions or something for maybe the Japan, Sepang or the Australian GP or all 3 when that time comes around and watch it live? They're usually at around 11pm to midnight or so, I'm sure the owner would be more than glad to have us if we reserve with time and all. They hosted the Australian F1 race
    Last edited by madvlad; Fri Jun 30th, 2017 at 09:27 AM.
    www.mo-door.com

2003 VFR800
    2007 GSX-R600
    2007 R1
    2003 R6 Race bike
    2010 Ducati SF1098
    2016 60th R1

Sooooo consensus... who here would like to maybe get together at 3 lions or something for maybe the Japan, Sepang or the Australian GP or all 3 when that time comes around and watch it live? They're usually at around 11pm to midnight or so, I'm sure the owner would be more than glad to have us if we reserve with time and all. They hosted has the Australian F1 race
    Cool idea man and would be fun, I'll have to pass though. Having to drive back to the Springs at 1am after the race isn't my idea of fun, especially being on Colfax at that time of night. Good luck though, should have some folks turn out for that
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"

Shot of 5 hour energy, you'll be fine.
    www.mo-door.com

2003 VFR800
    2007 GSX-R600
    2007 R1
    2003 R6 Race bike
    2010 Ducati SF1098
    2016 60th R1

Man that mechanical issue on the A bike fucked Rossi. Hopefully it stays dry for the next practice session later on today cause that new chassis is working wonders for him and Viñales obviously the B bike is on that crap chassis and not even with the soft rear option he could improve his times. It is truly incredible that .500 separates nearly the top 10, some close times and pace on this one even with the new track surface.
    www.mo-door.com

2003 VFR800
    2007 GSX-R600
    2007 R1
    2003 R6 Race bike
    2010 Ducati SF1098
    2016 60th R1

I'm pumped... Let's let the healing begin! Lifetime Supporter ~Barn~'s Avatar

That could be fun.
    ~Brandon~
    Aprilia RSV 1000 R Factory - "Gemma"
    MV Agusta F3 800 - "Amy Lou"
    Rattan Fat Bear Plus - "Lynda"
    (720) 935-6438
    I rarely think of motorcycles without a little yearning. They are about moving, and humans, I think, yearn to move – it’s in our cells, in our desires. We quiet our babies with cyclic movement, and we quiet ourselves by going.
    Melissa Holbrook Pierson

Not the most entertaining of races but man hat off to Folger, what a race by him and to keep up with Marquez that well. Hell of an earned podium spot. This championship is anyone's at this point.
    www.mo-door.com

2003 VFR800
    2007 GSX-R600
    2007 R1
    2003 R6 Race bike
    2010 Ducati SF1098
    2016 60th R1

Not the most entertaining of races but man hat off to Folger, what a race by him and to keep up with Marquez that well. Hell of an earned podium spot. This championship is anyone's at this point.
    Yeah the Honda's just have that track figured out. Folger was riding out of his mind and hopefully that will give him some confidence going forward and we will have another rider in the mix. Danillo seems like he is a little crazy and risky at times but the tires played a big role again. 2nd to 12th is a big slide. Lorenzo had the same thing happen but he has more issues than Ducati can even fix at this point. Dovi lost the tires towards the end as well and slipped from first to third in the championship. Crazy!

The championship is close and this season may go all the way to the last race to decide a champion which means the fans win and the series gets stronger.
    Tom
    '07 ZX-6R
    '12 1199 Panigale S