Thread: The Democrats have ever intention of taking our guns...

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Pandora-11

Re: The Democrats have ever intention of taking our guns...

Zeta, I'm trying to figure out why you're so angry all the time. Now really, what have Christians ever done to you? I don't think guns are your issue.
    Geez, lighten up and give a rational argument!

Right-Wing Nut-Job DavidofColorado's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pandora-11 View Post
    Zeta, I'm trying to figure out why you're so angry all the time. Now really, what have Christians ever done to you? I don't think guns are your issue.
    He said that nobody is going to take his guns. (like he has any) so we should vote for someone that wants to take them. Arguing rationally is such a mine field for him.
    "My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results from too much government." Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by DavidofDenver View Post
    He said that nobody is going to take his guns. (like he has any) so we should vote for someone that wants to take them. Arguing rationally is such a mine field for him.
    What's to argue? Just because we differ doesn't make your argument right and mine wrong. I made my point and it is logical and true, an amendment to the constitution is very difficult to achieve. BTW, I've owned guns all my life and always will--always.

Quote Originally Posted by zetaetatheta View Post
    What's to argue? Just because we differ doesn't make your argument right and mine wrong. I made my point and it is logical and true, an amendment to the constitution is very difficult to achieve. BTW, I've owned guns all my life and always will--always.
    Oh yeah what kinda guns do you own? What kinda killing bullet does it use?
    "My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results from too much government." Thomas Jefferson

Oh yeah what kinda guns do you own? What kinda killing bullet does it use?
    Winchester Classic 101, 20 ga., Remington youth 20 ga., Ruger 77 mrkII .243, Remington 700 25-06, Marlin 22 lever action, and Smith&Wesson Airweight 38 special. 25-06 is in Florida with my brother. That's it, but looking to buy a 270 or 308 for Colorado. Moved here from Mississippi.
    My point is I have no fear in losing my guns and I am in favor of criminal backround checks.

Winchester Classic 101, 20 ga., Remington youth 20 ga., Ruger 77 mrkII .243, Remington 700 25-06, Marlin 22 lever action, and Smith&Wesson Airweight 38 special. 25-06 is in Florida with my brother. That's it, but looking to buy a 270 or 308 for Colorado. Moved here from Mississippi.
    My point is I have no fear in losing my guns and I am in favor of criminal backround checks.
    Nice collection by the way.

I'm all for background checks as well. However, the ones we have now work just fine. I don't think though that some states need to take up to 15 days to run a background check, when "MY" own state can do it in 1 hour. What that tells me is it's nothing but deterrence, to keep someone from buying a gun.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"So live your life so the fear of death can never enter your heart. Trouble no one about their religion; respect others in their views, and demand that they respect yours. Love your life, perfect your life, beautify all things in your life. Seek to make your life long and of service to your people. Prepare a noble death song for the day when you go over the great divide.
    "

"Finish today what others won't, so you can achieve tomorrow what others can't."

Quote Originally Posted by The Black Knight View Post
    Nice collection by the way.

I'm all for background checks as well. However, the ones we have now work just fine. I don't think though that some states need to take up to 15 days to run a background check, when "MY" own state can do it in 1 hour. What that tells me is it's nothing but deterrence, to keep someone from buying a gun.
    I've only had to wait 3 days, but only for handguns, never rifle or shotgun. Really doesn't make much sense, if someone is really pissed off a shotgun can reek havoc. I think the main hold up is psychological checks as these records are suppose to be secret, but of course they are not. With computers what they are, it should be instant, but all those in the info tech business know how everyone loves their own system. I know it from the military, where the Navy couldn't talk to the Army--yadda yadda. Hell we can't even get voting records straight, I would argue the most important database for our country.

Sorry I didn't get back to you earlier I was distracted by something shiny.
    That is a nice collection. Very impressive and there is no to ways about it. And I think that you are right about them not taking your guns away too. And do you want to know why? None of those guns listed are on the scary black rifle list. Those are all nice and safe hunting weapons that they think you should own... now. But imagine if they get there way and they ban my collection of weapons; Mini 14, Bushmaster XM15, WASR10, 2x romanian g AK's (I call them blasty 1 and 2) HK-g3 .308, and a k98 mauser. All but one will be gone, because they are all on the new ban list that will be retro back to 1994~ maybe. The G3 is still banned from import but luckily its preban. And ironicly the only one that won't be on the list is the only one that is an actual Military rifle the k98 is a war trophy that my great uncle picked up in North Africa during WWII. But its a bolt action with no magazine sticking out the bottom so it looks like a normal hunting rifle. But what about when they get their way with my guns? Instead of mislabeling them as machine guns that shoot 600 rounds a minute they will just call yours sniper rifles.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L3kvn3kB534
    Its a pretty easy switch in the media. All they have to do is get those brains working to come up with a sensational story about snipers and then yours are on the list too.
    I think its worth defending now before its gone and I am doing for the children so they have something to shoot in the future.

Sorry I didn't get back to you earlier I was distracted by something shiny.
    That is a nice collection. Very impressive and there is no to ways about it. And I think that you are right about them not taking your guns away too. And do you want to know why? None of those guns listed are on the scary black rifle list. Those are all nice and safe hunting weapons that they think you should own... now. But imagine if they get there way and they ban my collection of weapons; Mini 14, Bushmaster XM15, WASR10, 2x romanian g AK's (I call them blasty 1 and 2) HK-g3 .308, and a k98 mauser. All but one will be gone, because they are all on the new ban list that will be retro back to 1994~ maybe. The G3 is still banned from import but luckily its preban. And ironicly the only one that won't be on the list is the only one that is an actual Military rifle the k98 is a war trophy that my great uncle picked up in North Africa during WWII. But its a bolt action with no magazine sticking out the bottom so it looks like a normal hunting rifle. But what about when they get their way with my guns? Instead of mislabeling them as machine guns that shoot 600 rounds a minute they will just call yours sniper rifles.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L3kvn3kB534
    Its a pretty easy switch in the media. All they have to do is get those brains working to come up with a sensational story about snipers and then yours are on the list too.
    I think its worth defending now before its gone and I am doing for the children so they have something to shoot in the future.
    Yea, I have pretty safe guns; I do however, believe in the rights of those wanting to collect mil spec/grade weapons. I used to have an HK 40 cal w/14 round clip. Took it to a gun show after clip ban and had folks bidding for it. Wish I had never sold it. I do respect the right to own weapons, and do believe if someone wants to kill someone they can and will find a way. I know folks will point to Columbine and say what if those kids had automatic weapons, but the real question is why were the guns available to them in the first place and not secured. Guess there is no easy answers. We can't legislate responsibility or anti-stupidity; otherwise, parents would take control of their children's education. I personally do not care to own an assualt rifle, but I do like shooting them. Had several occasions in the Navy of firing 50cal off the stern--big rush, especially since ammo was free.
    I still want that Browning lightweight 308 lever action.

Quote Originally Posted by Pandora-11 View Post
    Not angry at all, really quite happy Bush is leaving very soon. Just never could understand so called Christians wanting to kill and breed hatred for those with differing views, ie. liberals. Guess I interpreted Jesus' teachings differently than Focus on the Family and their ilk.