Thread: Memorial Day @ HPR

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Huge Member Site Admin Mother Goose's Avatar

Re: Memorial Day @ HPR

Quote Originally Posted by buddahson View Post
    I thought about it a bit more and I was probably in 3rd actually and should have dropped to 2nd. I'm still getting used to the -1 up front and I'm getting a bit faster so my RPMs are a bit different than I'm used to. Dropped 3 seconds from my best time on Monday though.
    With my gearing on the R1 (-1/+2), I'm coming into turn 4 in 3rd, then downshift one into 2nd for turn 5 and carry that all the way down the hill, through turn 6 and shift up into 3rd just before turning in for turn 7. That newest video I just posted shows my speed and gear, the speedo is the corrected speed.
    Chadwick
    MRA #825

"You live more for five minutes going fast on a bike like that, than other people do in all of their life." - Marco Simoncelli

Quote Originally Posted by Mother Goose View Post
    With my gearing on the R1 (-1/+2), I'm coming into turn 4 in 3rd, then downshift one into 2nd for turn 5 and carry that all the way down the hill, through turn 6 and shift up into 3rd just before turning in for turn 7. That newest video I just posted shows my speed and gear, the speedo is the corrected speed.
    Thats literbike gearing though.... I think he is on a 600 so a bit different.
    MRA Expert #880 - 2015 AmateurGTO Champion, 2013 NoviceGTU Champion
    2006 YZF-R6 Race "No name" - 2005 YZF-R6 Street "Aurora"
    2015 Sponsors: Dunlop, Speedin Motorsports, STM Suspension, Silkolene Lubricants, EBC Brakes, Pit-Bull Products

Text: (72O) 432-7236

Huge Member Site Admin Mother Goose's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WolFeYeZ View Post
    Thats literbike gearing though.... I think he is on a 600 so a bit different.
    True, but the speeds would be about the same, and I'd think the gears you'll be in will be about the same too? Maybe I'm wrong? Are you in 2nd gear going 80ish through turn 4 on the R6?
    Chadwick
    MRA #825

"You live more for five minutes going fast on a bike like that, than other people do in all of their life." - Marco Simoncelli

True, but the speeds would be about the same, and I'd think the gears you'll be in will be about the same too? Maybe I'm wrong? Are you in 2nd gear going 80ish through turn 4 on the R6?
    Drop from 6th to 4th for T4,
    Drop from 4th to 3rd for T5,
    Drop from 3rd to 2nd for T6,
    Up from 2nd to 4th for T7.

But that is just me
    MRA Expert #880 - 2015 AmateurGTO Champion, 2013 NoviceGTU Champion
    2006 YZF-R6 Race "No name" - 2005 YZF-R6 Street "Aurora"
    2015 Sponsors: Dunlop, Speedin Motorsports, STM Suspension, Silkolene Lubricants, EBC Brakes, Pit-Bull Products

Text: (72O) 432-7236

I'm basically a gear higher everywhere. I can stand to come down a gear but I don't think I can hold 2nd all the way to 6. I'll try it Monday but I think I'll be forced to shift to 3rd between turn 5 and 6 and then back to 2nd at the entrance to 6.

I'm actually not too far off your corner entry speeds in most places. A few mph here and there. I think much of it is just my lack of consistency and being in the wrong gear in a few places. I also need to man up and brake later and harder. I tend to coast into most turns too much.