Thread: T's Noob Question of the week - Riding the Turns!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: T's Noob Question of the week - Riding the Turns!

Quote Originally Posted by 64BonnieLass View Post
    But for those of you that are seasoned and stellar riders...I still don't have an answer about running those turns at those kind of speeds on blind faith.

why do you need an answer
    Motorcycle Roadracing Association #29
    President

MSF
    Rider Coach

Senior Member Lifetime Supporter 64BonnieLass's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by UglyDogRacing View Post
    I Think, Therefore I Am. That's why.
    "Keep that "what if" thought in the back of your mind; it's the angel on your shoulder balancing the devil in your right hand."

"There are many things in life that will catch your eye, but only a few will catch your heart...pursue those."

2005 SV650S Street

I Think, Therefore I Am. That's why.
    You think therefore you survive.

MRA Racer No.427

Senior Member Lifetime Supporter 64BonnieLass's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by UglyDogRacing View Post
    Jim you know exactly why I want the answer. You should know why I want it more than anybody.

I post these questions for others to learn from. Not that I don't hope to benefit, because they are my true questions the more that I ride.

I want to know the motivation that "we" have". I want to know why we blow turns at uncaring speeds with no supposed consequence on the other end??? Really???

I want to know why we, as sportbikes, feel the need to blow turns out of the water on the "street"?

And furthermore, I want to know that if I'm missing something, why am I not willing to do it? Why won't I follow you or anybody else at fucking insane paces? Why are you guys so damed fast in those blind faith turns? What the heck makes me think harder in each turn as though I have something to lose that you don't?
    "Keep that "what if" thought in the back of your mind; it's the angel on your shoulder balancing the devil in your right hand."

"There are many things in life that will catch your eye, but only a few will catch your heart...pursue those."

2005 SV650S Street

1.I want to know the motivation that "we" have". I want to know why we blow turns at uncaring speeds with no supposed consequence on the other end??? Really???

2.I want to know why we, as sportbikes, feel the need to blow turns out of the water on the "street"?

3.And furthermore, I want to know that if I'm missing something, why am I not willing to do it? Why won't I follow you or anybody else at fucking insane paces? Why are you guys so damed fast in those blind faith turns? What the heck makes me think harder in each turn as though I have something to lose that you don't?
    1.i think this is different for all of us. some like the ability to have control at such levels, others like the loss of control, and some just like the rush, ect ect.

2. not just sportbikes, but cars, trucks, cruisers ect. too.

3.you simply havent found the reason for yourself to do so. you may find it or you may not. its up to you and entirely fine either way.
    Quote Originally Posted by salsashark View Post
    and you did it!

the rest of us were just thinking it.

http://www.myspace.com/adrenalineaddiction24

01 zx9r
    99 r6 (race bike)

Jim you know exactly why I want the answer. You should know why I want it more than anybody.

I post these questions for others to learn from. Not that I don't hope to benefit, because they are my true questions the more that I ride.

I want to know the motivation that "we" have". I want to know why we blow turns at uncaring speeds with no supposed consequence on the other end??? Really???

I want to know why we, as sportbikes, feel the need to blow turns out of the water on the "street"?

And furthermore, I want to know that if I'm missing something, why am I not willing to do it? Why won't I follow you or anybody else at fucking insane paces? Why are you guys so damed fast in those blind faith turns? What the heck makes me think harder in each turn as though I have something to lose that you don't?

"Ride your horse along the edge of a sword; hide yourself in the middle of flames...."
    Motorcycle Roadracing Association #29
    President

MSF
    Rider Coach