Quote Originally Posted by Drano View Post
The problem is that the motorcycle riders in Dallas are doing the exact same thing. It has to be asked, what exactly are law enforcement officials to do in order to stop this behavior? Many riders, not all, in that city seem to think they are entitled to disobey the law because, due to policies such as do not pursue, they can get away with it. If this type of behavior continues, it does not bode well for ANY of us.

If riders are able to commit crimes and evade justice, eventually motorcycles will fall under the chopping block of legislation. Look at gun regulation if you need a point of reference. It only takes a few bad eggs to ruin it for the rest of us. This is something none of us should want. If motorcycles come to be considered tools for criminals to escape capture, lawmakers will be forced to act. What if Dallas enacts a motorcycle ban, how long before the state follows suit, which then leads to other states doing the same, and eventually becoming national legislation?

Most of us here understand that sometimes you have to pay to play. We try our best to improve the image of sportbike riders. We're fighting a losing war if we also have no respect for the law or its officers. A number of us have come face to face with officers that hate our hobby. It's unfair, but don't blame the cops, blame the assholes giving us a bad name. If we want to keep our sport alive, it's going to require us to remember that it is a privilege, not a right. When we're caught breaking the law, take the hit, it's only fair.

Granted, it's possible that this rider may not have done something wrong. I highly doubt it since it's a very rare rider who adheres to every rule of the road. But if he has video evidence which could help law enforcement agencies render justice to those that think they can do as they please, then I'm all for it being done.
Well I will give you that I am sure there were plenty in that group that were probably being dumb ass hell which is not acceptable but at the same time let's punish the innocent ones just to have something to show for? That makes no sense, like a person serving time for no reason which I'm sure there are plenty in the system... A motorcycle ban would be ridiculous dude, they approved weed bro that is never happening lol... The industry has massive income for states and employes people but then again you never know.

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
From what I gather from the video, he had no good reason at all, and that's a problem. But rude? Not at all. He should not have arrested (Or stopped for that matter), but once he made that decision, he appropriately and professionally followed through with it. Had the arrest been legal, the manner in which it was done was nearly perfect.
If he made the wrong decision then why not continue on to admitting and letting the biker go instead of making up a bullshit deal about a license plate to arrest.... seriously? That makes no sense to me, I have yet to know of anyone EVER to be arrested for such stupidity. I understand if the guy had no license or no insurance but he had all his papers and everything legal. I don't think that was right at all.