Quote Originally Posted by dirkterrell View Post
The 1983 Interceptor had a slipper clutch. All of the first-generation Interceptors did, even the 500. My 1985 VF1000R has an adjustable on-the-fly rear shock. Yes, you can change the rebound damping while in motion. And it has gear-driven cams.

The SSSA dates to the late 1940's, so no, it isn't exactly pushing the technology envelope. It makes tire changes a lot easier which is great for endurance racing and it gives the bike a cleaner look, but it's no great technology thing these days.

I've never understood this need to justify one's taste for a certain bike or kind of bike by denigrating others. They all have their pluses and minuses. You like Ducatis? Great. They are awesome bikes. You like Hondas? Great. They are awesome bikes. You like Kawasakis? Great. They are awesome bikes. You like Harleys? Great. They are awesome bikes. Enjoy the fun of motorcycling your way and celebrate others who do it their way.
You are missing the point.

I was not denigrating any bike, my post starts with "Japanese bikes are great" I started off on a Ninja 250 and owned a CRF230 at some point so I speak from (limited) experience. Discussing things on an Internet forum is about driving positive debate. Just because someone disagrees with you doesn't mean they are denigrating you.

Besides, my whole post was in response to someone expressing their preference (or lack there of for Ducatis).

Also, replying with "that's not needed" "that's not new technology" "that doesn't count as technology" is predictable and smacks of a defensive attitude.

Ride safe, enjoy yourself, maybe we'll run into each other one day. I'll be waving