Thread: 2019 MOTOGP Season ****SPOILER ALERT*** *****WARNING - SPOILER *******

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: 2019 MOTOGP Season ****SPOILER ALERT*** *****WARNING - SPOILER *******

I was a bit surprised / offended by how many people were happy when MM93 crashed in Q2, I have a hard time seeing how you can be a fan and be happy when a rider crashes. After that he extends his streak of top 2 finishes and takes the record for most points in 18 rounds though.

The one thing I'm really wondering about at this point is Lorenzo and 2020, does Honda really leave him in that seat, does he really want to stay? I know what the official responses have been, but neither party can be happy with the current results. Phillip Island had weather problems which has always been a weak spot for Lorenzo, but the Malaysia results were barely better. You almost have to wonder if he's really even trying at this point? I'm not trying to bash the guy, but something just isn't adding up at this point.
    Blair
    2000 GSX750F, 2003 YZ450F, 2004 GSXR750, 2006 ZX-14
    2013 CBR500R, 2016 YZF-R6 - MRA #760

Re: 2019 MOTOGP Season ****SPOILER ALERT*** *****WARNING - SPOILER *******

Quote Originally Posted by blaircsf View Post
    I was a bit surprised / offended by how many people were happy when MM93 crashed in Q2, I have a hard time seeing how you can be a fan and be happy when a rider crashes. After that he extends his streak of top 2 finishes and takes the record for most points in 18 rounds though.

The one thing I'm really wondering about at this point is Lorenzo and 2020, does Honda really leave him in that seat, does he really want to stay? I know what the official responses have been, but neither party can be happy with the current results. Phillip Island had weather problems which has always been a weak spot for Lorenzo, but the Malaysia results were barely better. You almost have to wonder if he's really even trying at this point? I'm not trying to bash the guy, but something just isn't adding up at this point.
    Yeah man will agree that the whole rider hatred thing has reached a whole new level of dumb. While I'm not a fan of the guy but won't ever wish crashing upon anyone not even as a joke. It was a very nasty highside and that could have caused him serious injuries for sure but glad he walked away good from that one. I will say that was bound to happen from trying to play mind games with FB and letting those tires cool way down (I think he wasn't on a soft tire at the moment too so even with more means to not push that hard after having coasted for nearly 2 laps). The dude is a phenom and the fact that he may give Honda the triple crown all on his own is an accomplishment unlike any other.

As far as Lorenzo it's a tough situation cause of the injury ordeal, he isn't 100% fit and hasn't had true time to ride like we know he can do it. If he is able to stay healthy in the off-season, coming back he will have the biggest test of his life as far as keeping a factory seat in the GP paddock as he is going to have to put up the performance of his life for Honda to consider keeping him on mainly after Zarco showed some promise on Taka Nakagamis' bike these past two rounds. The problem with Jorge is that he's always been coddled and spoiled man so he's not used to adjusting or doing horsework to be able to improve, the Yamaha spoiled him something fierce just like it did to Zarco and they both paid the prices for their lack of adjustment and figuring things out. The Honda is not a smooth bike, the power delivery is harsh, nearly every rider says this but again another thing to admire about MM is the fact that he's adapted his style to tame that thing while not looking like he is. He is able to ride the piss out of that thing completely unsettled but stay in control, it's a thing of amazement. I honestly would like to give Lorenzo the benefit of the doubt at the moment cause of his injuries not allowing him to ride to potential but it will be a do or die deal for him cause with FB on the rise and MV producing solid results, I don't see him getting a factory seat at Yamaha for the time being at least unless MV goes somewhere, which there are rumors that he may be considering leaving for Ducati but who knows, to me it's more of smoke at the moment since Yamaha seem to be figuring things and bringing winning ways back. Hope they can deliver more power out of that M1 engine next year without risking grip and giving those guys a closer chance to win it. Yamaha has always been the lowest powered bike on the paddock but they had to tame it even more given the electronics not being figured out it was chewing through rear tires like a mofo but also with Yamaha luring some of the former Ducati electronic engineers to their camp let's hope they can bring it in 2020.
    Last edited by madvlad; Tue Nov 5th, 2019 at 06:48 PM.
    www.mo-door.com
    https://64degreeracing.com/

2003 VFR800
    2007 GSX-R600
    2007 R1
    2003 R6 Race bike
    2010 Ducati SF1098
    2016 60th R1
    2018 Aprilia Tuono V4 1100RR
    2024 Aprilia Tuono Factory Ultra Gold