Thread: Blood Letting w/ ~Barn~

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Blood Letting w/ ~Barn~

Well the US military is usually the guinnai pigs for stuff like this. It works well in a healthy person.. ie enough white and red blood cells, enough platelets.... But people who are sick with still need human blood for all of the antibodies and cells in the blood. it is synthetic plasma, not really blood... guess it was easier to call it blood than plasma

Re: Blood Letting w/ ~Barn~

Quote Originally Posted by 2009RavenR1 View Post
    Well the US military is usually the guinnai pigs for stuff like this. It works well in a healthy person.. ie enough white and red blood cells, enough platelets.... But people who are sick with still need human blood for all of the antibodies and cells in the blood. it is synthetic plasma, not really blood... guess it was easier to call it blood than plasma
    Oh I know! But how many healthy/stable folks are needing these infusions? I understand that we have to start somewhere...but the majority of both military patients and the patients I'm seeing are hypovolemic/shocky due to trauma and need the hemoglobin and cellular structures for it to do any good. Cellular metabolism just can't happen w/out 'em! lol Anyhoo... enough thread jacking - sorry Barn! lol
    Raven - I'd really love to talk to ya more about the studies and such if ya want in PM land (I find this stuff fascinating).
    ~Jess~
    2010 Triumph Daytona 675 SE
    2008 Kawi GREEN Ninja 650R

Quote Originally Posted by ShinySideUp View Post
    Sometimes things happen beyond our power and we can't make it. Like...your brake lines "accidentally" get cut, or a nice man comes through your window in the middle of the night and politely suggests you withdraw from the activity...who knows?