0 0%
  • Could Care less

5 45.45%
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Floyd Mayweather vs Conor McGregor

Gold Member

Re: Floyd Mayweather vs Conor McGregor

Quote Originally Posted by madvlad View Post
    No way I'm wasting money on that bullshit. Now the DC and Jones fight, that's another story. An actual fight, not some tools bickering like idiots and about to have the world witness the most expensive dance off

that's a a real bad attitude.

No way I'm wasting money on that bullshit. Now the DC and Jones fight, that's another story. An actual fight, not some tools bickering like idiots and about to have the world witness the most expensive dance off
    Damn homey, you are a hard guy to please

For conversation I do have to say it is a bit weird to compare the Jones and DC fight. Believe me there has been a lot of bickering going on between Jones and DC...heck they were even fined for it at one point where they each got 10% of their purse taken away https://www.mmafighting.com/2014/9/2...ce-for-ufc-178.

Then currently it is happening a lot...just not on the scale of this boxing match....fact is Floyd has always killed UFC when it came to ratings, so we are in his land now.
    https://www.mmafighting.com/2017/7/1...r-social-media
    http://www.bjpenn.com/mma-news/jon-j...s-dry-humping/

Unfortunately UFC is not much better and the sport I love has become a circus compared to "real" sanctioned sports like NBA, NFL, NHL, etc. Let's take this Jones and DC fight. In any "real" sanctioned sport, a competitor could not be suspended for over a year, fight once since early 2015, then get to get a immediate title shot. They normally would have to work their way back up, but with UFC's circus they can do what they want so I really don't see it as much of a stretch from this crazy Conor vs Floyd fight.

Overall it is just entertainment to me so I don't take it too serious and just happy it will give me something to do and look forward too. Of course I am looking forward to the DC vs Jones fight too

You know what does piss me off though is one of the greatest MMA fighters ever, Matt Hughes, has been in a coma for the last month and very little has been covered. https://www.mmafighting.com/2017/7/4...of-improvement I'm really getting worried for Matt And WTF UFC...why haven't we seen more support from them for Matt...how fast they forget who helped make them
    Last edited by bulldog; Tue Jul 18th, 2017 at 07:44 AM.
    Bulldog's Motto: F*ck around and I'm going to bite you!!!

I'm pumped... Let's let the healing begin! Lifetime Supporter ~Barn~'s Avatar

~Brandon~
    Aprilia RSV 1000 R Factory - "Gemma"
    MV Agusta F3 800 - "Amy Lou"
    Rattan Fat Bear Plus - "Lynda"
    (720) 935-6438
    I rarely think of motorcycles without a little yearning. They are about moving, and humans, I think, yearn to move – it’s in our cells, in our desires. We quiet our babies with cyclic movement, and we quiet ourselves by going.
    Melissa Holbrook Pierson

Quote Originally Posted by ~Barn~ View Post

~Brandon~
    (720) 935-6438
    I rarely think of motorcycles without a little yearning. They are about moving, and humans, I think, yearn to move – it’s in our cells, in our desires. We quiet our babies with cyclic movement, and we quiet ourselves by going.
    Melissa Holbrook Pierson

If you guys like it and want to watch it, that's cool man, do you and not judging you by any means. Those guys are in it for money and that's it unlike Jones and DC actually have a personal score to settle, that's way different and makes a fight actually worth watching. Definitely sucked to hear about Matt Hughes man, he was one of my favorites when I started watching the UFC, sure hope he recovers soon even though getting hit by a train it's a miracle he's still alive.
    www.mo-door.com
    https://64degreeracing.com/

2003 VFR800
    2007 GSX-R600
    2007 R1
    2003 R6 Race bike
    2010 Ducati SF1098
    2016 60th R1
    2018 Aprilia Tuono V4 1100RR (Always say I'm done riding but the results state that I lied... )

Quote Originally Posted by #1Townie View Post
    that's a a real bad attitude.
    Yeah, God forbid I don't agree with most and now it's an attitude problem .... my apologies for being an autonomous human and thinking for myself.
    www.mo-door.com

2003 VFR800
    2007 GSX-R600
    2007 R1
    2003 R6 Race bike
    2010 Ducati SF1098
    2016 60th R1
    2018 Aprilia Tuono V4 1100RR (Always say I'm done riding but the results state that I lied... )

If you guys like it and want to watch it, that's cool man, do you and not judging you by any means. Those guys are in it for money and that's it unlike Jones and DC actually have a personal score to settle, that's way different and makes a fight actually worth watching. Definitely sucked to hear about Matt Hughes man, he was one of my favorites when I started watching the UFC, sure hope he recovers soon even though getting hit by a train it's a miracle he's still alive.
    Whatever....you are going to be there with us watching it man...you got to be

I do see what you mean, but honestly I can't hate on Conor because he is making more money on this one fight than he will in his entire MMA career..... who wouldn't do it for $100+ million.

I do believe this is more than money....well for at least Conor; Floyd is all about the money and always has been. On thing I have come to admire about Conor is his heart! I truly feel this guy is not just thinking about the money, but truly wants to beat Floyd and become one of the greatest fighters of all time....he beats Floyd and he will be very close to that honor.

Conor has surprised us all before many times, so I just can't rule the guy out. Nobody thought he would beat Jose Aldo (me included)....but did it in 13 seconds....what nobody else has been able to do....much less that fast. I laughed when he was going to fight Nate Diaz who is a way bigger guy with tons more experience. Sure he lost the first time, but his "heart" could not let him live with that and he came back to win in second fight as a much smaller guy. Then Eddie Alvarez came in and beat Anthony Pettis and Dos Anjeos, both highly successful fighters who were hard to beat for a long time, and gets the belt. Again, most people were like "finally Conor gets to fight a legend".....then Conor came in and destroyed Eddie (I am a huge Eddie fan for years before he came into UFC and was surprised too). And, he KO'd Eddie, which has been known to have one of the best chins in MMA. So granted I will never again count Conor out as I have many times before and been wrong. I really hope he beats Floyd and shocks the world....again!

Yeah poor Matt Hughes. I don't get why this isn't getting more attention as Hughes is easily one of the top 10 fighters EVER in UFC. I'm getting really worried since nothing has seemed to improve and who knows with a brain injury how they will be when they come back.

P.S. The DC vs Jones card is sick! We also got Tyron vs Mia for title, Cyborg vs Evinger (Cyborg will most likely be next female featherweight champion; not sure why this is not for the belt as no current champion), and Lawler vs Cerrone!
    Last edited by bulldog; Tue Jul 18th, 2017 at 10:30 AM.

Gold Member

Yeah, God forbid I don't agree with most and now it's an attitude problem .... my apologies for being an autonomous human and thinking for myself.

THATS AN EVEN WORSE ATTITUDE!

Such is life, you'll live....
    www.mo-door.com

2003 VFR800
    2007 GSX-R600
    2007 R1
    2003 R6 Race bike
    2010 Ducati SF1098
    2016 60th R1

This back and forth is not as good as Floyd and Conor's....step it up guys

Anyways, this is exactly the point as humans are just drawn to drama...hence the "circus show" with Conor and Floyd being so big. Damir could have replied to continue the conversation about the thread topic, but instead went to the one post that was about drama. See bro, we are all part of the problem, so lighten up and come watch this with us

I'd really be curious to see why you feel it is such a circus show (more to continue conversation)? Is it because you believe Conor is just not qualified? He has too little boxing skills? Is Floyd too old or been gone to long? Do you just not like the "WWE" type of marketing? What gives?

Here is a decent article pointing out how some pro's think Conor could win. What you think?
    http://www.businessinsider.com/how-c...-boxing-2017-7

However, according to Mike Brown, a former UFC fighter and current MMA trainer, McGregor's training in MMA-style boxing could actually be an advantage. While some point to McGregor's size and power as his biggest advantages, Brown told ESPN's Brett Okamoto that he thinks Mayweather could catch Mayweather off-guard with an MMA-style approach.
    "McGregor is a big guy, maybe the biggest guy Mayweather has ever fought or close to it. He's a southpaw and he's doesn't move like a traditional boxer. So, the angles Mayweather is used to seeing are slightly off.
    Last edited by bulldog; Wed Jul 19th, 2017 at 07:13 AM.

Just the WWE type marketing dude, it's ridiculous in my eyes but well people want entertainment and that's what this is, textbook entertainment to put asses on seats but that "fight" is going to be dull as fuck imo. I'm definitely not attending this fight, nothing against you guys, just dont see the point. Again when we are back to normal UFC programming and such with actual fights and hopefully after this clownshow also I hope the UFC forces Irish wondernut to defend a title for once
    www.mo-door.com

2003 VFR800
    2007 GSX-R600
    2007 R1
    2003 R6 Race bike
    2010 Ducati SF1098
    2016 60th R1

Just the WWE type marketing dude, it's ridiculous in my eyes but well people want entertainment and that's what this is, textbook entertainment to put asses on seats but that "fight" is going to be dull as fuck imo. I'm definitely not attending this fight, nothing against you guys, just dont see the point. Again when we are back to normal UFC programming and such with actual fights and hopefully after this clownshow also I hope the UFC forces Irish wondernut to defend a title for once
    I really don't get how this is any different than UFC that your support as same circus show as this if not worse Like I said, go check the DC vs Jones tweets right now and explain how that is any different than this as it is just as bad! UFC got Brock Lesnar allowed to fight when he tested positive for steroids, let James Tony (ex-boxing champ) in to fight, let a WWE wrestler in with no MMA fights, man the list goes on and on, so guess I just don't see why it is so different.

Honestly I feel the fighters that do not market themselves are the idiots and losing out. This is unfortunately the way things have gone, so I feel Conor is brilliant for doing this...which got him to this $100 million payday. If not you end up like Khabib Nurmagomedov that is a epic fighter, but nobody cares about or watches.....and stays poor while risking their brain every hit.

P.S. Whatever, you didn't even show to the last UFC fight (texted you and all) ....seasonal fan.... JK

I was working the MRA races dude, there was a 4 rider crash that put 2 riders in the hospital (one air lifted out) and we ended up leaving super late so just went home and passed out. The only fight that interested me in that card was the nunes and Schevchenko but Nunes pulled out so didn't care much lol
    www.mo-door.com

2003 VFR800
    2007 GSX-R600
    2007 R1
    2003 R6 Race bike
    2010 Ducati SF1098
    2016 60th R1

I was working the MRA races dude, there was a 4 rider crash that put 2 riders in the hospital (one air lifted out) and we ended up leaving super late so just went home and passed out. The only fight that interested me in that card was the nunes and Schevchenko but Nunes pulled out so didn't care much lol
    Damn that sucks man.....not sure how you see that shit without messing with your head.....messed up mine after years of that.

Seriously you were only down for the Nunes fight? Yoel vs Whitaker, Pettis vs Miller, and Overeem vs Werdum were on that card....all great matchups. Then Nunes pulling out because she had a cold, but was cleared to fight....lame....lioness my ass!

Gold Member

Such is life, you'll live....
    listen here guy!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by bulldog View Post
    Damn that sucks man.....not sure how you see that shit without messing with your head.....messed up mine after years of that.

Seriously you were only down for the Nunes fight? Yoel vs Whitaker, Pettis vs Miller, and Overeem vs Werdum were on that card....all great matchups. Then Nunes pulling out because she had a cold, but was cleared to fight....lame....lioness my ass!
    Grew up watching people get mugged and get shot/stabbed point blank dude, this stuff is a walk in the park with what I've seen, still not pleasant by any means but just glad I can assist them and stuff and that all riders are out of danger thankfully even though it was one of the gnarliest crashes I've seen. It was similar to the Simoncelli crash, except this rider had his helmet on correctly and it actually saved his life. The dude that hit him, his front wheel and forks were bouncing down the main straight and missed me by very little and also the main straight crowd/workers thankfully. It was a very rough start to the day but all in all just thankful everyone ended up okay considering the scenario, it was straight carnage!

Yeah just wanted to see my girl Schevchenko take the title from Nunes, she's been training hard and here in Colorado too for over a month coming into the fight, I still think Nunes made up that bullshit not to fight.
    www.mo-door.com

2003 VFR800
    2007 GSX-R600
    2007 R1
    2003 R6 Race bike
    2010 Ducati SF1098
    2016 60th R1

Where are you guys watching the Jones vs DC fight this weekend man?
    www.mo-door.com

2003 VFR800
    2007 GSX-R600
    2007 R1
    2003 R6 Race bike
    2010 Ducati SF1098
    2016 60th R1

Video released showing Conor doing pretty well at boxing; this was the one where Paulie Malignaggi, former IBF/WBA World Champion, claims it was a push....you be the judge....looks like a valid knockdown to me.

More Here: https://www.mmafighting.com/2017/8/1...arring-footage

It's getting better...they were granted permission yesterday to wear smaller gloves; 8 ounce!!!!!! IMO, this is a plus for Conor as he has sick KO power....Floyd does not that I have seen (last time he had a KO was the controversial Ortiz fight where many called it cheating). Although most of Floyd's career have been fought in 8 ounces so it may not be that big a deal.

Floyd Mayweather, Conor McGregor to wear 8-ounce gloves, not 10-ounce gloves

LAS VEGAS -- The Nevada State Athletic Commission approved Floyd Mayweather's and Conor McGregor's requests for smaller boxing gloves on Wednesday, just 10 days before their highly anticipated fight on Aug. 26.
    The NSAC voted unanimously in favor of a one-time exception that will allow both fighters to wear 8-ounce gloves in their 154-pound bout. Per NSAC regulations, any boxing match contested above 147 pounds mandates 10-ounce gloves.

Can't wait to watch this. Party at my place.
    So Barn....what's the plan???? You offered so let's get this going....you know I am down to pitch in. I'm sure bars are going to be a mess, so our best bet is just to get a few people to pitch in for it.

Seems to be $99.95 for HD
    Last edited by bulldog; Tue Aug 22nd, 2017 at 10:41 AM.

I'm watching CSU play their first ever game at the new stadium on Saturday, and that game starts at 12:30. If I figure the game to last 3 hours, plus another 2 hours of travel time, that puts me back at home around 6:00pm that evening. Should be plenty of time to get situated at my place, but it's not going to be the big "pool party" whole-day event that I was hoping.

None the less. Come by and watch, and don't show up empty handed. 12-pack of beer and/or a pot-luck dish to share = Admission.

Love,
    -Brandon-
    Last edited by ~Barn~; Tue Aug 22nd, 2017 at 01:24 PM.
    ~Brandon~
    (720) 935-6438
    Melissa Holbrook Pierson

I'm watching CSU play their first ever game at the new stadium on Saturday, and that game starts at 12:30. If I figure the game to last 3 hours, plus another 2 hours of travel time, that puts me back at home around 6:00pm that evening. Should be plenty of time to get situated at my place, but it's not going to be the big "pool part" whole-day event that I was hoping.

None the less. Come by and watch, and don't show up empty handed. 12-pack of beer and/or a pot-luck dish to share = Admission.

Love,
    -Brandon-
    Well as long as we get to see the fights that works...sucks because my wife works so I was down to go hang at the pool all day finally.

Yeah man you know I am not like that and and down to pitch in, bring food/beer, etc. Figured the more people we can get to go the more we will get to chip in.

Hell my bet is the main fight won't even start till after 10pm like most boxing matches.