Thread: 2017/2018 Tacoma

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: 2017/2018 Tacoma

Quote Originally Posted by Sully View Post
    I agree with Bulldog... cars are not investments but can people make money selling them? Sure... My FJ is paid off and I'm not really interested in a car payment, but I would like another luxury vehicle, so we'll see what happens, but there is NO WAY in hell I would have a car payment over $500/600 I would also rather spend my $$ on experiences rather than material things...
    I wonder if "experiences" comes with age because when I was younger I thought vacations were a waste of money because in the end you get nothing material. When Dave and Ashli got married I was in wedding so I was forced to go to Playa Del Carmen. We both loved it and since then we try each year for some vacation. Just having a vacation to look forward to helps a a lot, then just being able to see new places has made me more happy than the material possessions I used to think were everything. On my deathbed hopefully I will think of all the vacations I took and the experiences I got over the material stuff I've had.

Damir is probably going to get into the $500+ a month car payment....$37K on a standard loan is usually about $700 a month (depending how much is put down)....yeah too much for my cheap ass. I think his Columbian connections are helping him out
    Bulldog's Motto: F*ck around and I'm going to bite you!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Sully View Post
    I agree with Bulldog... cars are not investments but can people make money selling them? Sure... My FJ is paid off and I'm not really interested in a car payment, but I would like another luxury vehicle, so we'll see what happens, but there is NO WAY in hell I would have a car payment over $500/600 I would also rather spend my $$ on experiences rather than material things...
    Working like mad to pay off my car... So I can go hunt for another fun car

After selling the Opel, my garage has an open slot... Once I get Keyser's FJ outta there, I'll need another "fun" car.

Quote Originally Posted by bulldog View Post
    I wonder if "experiences" comes with age because when I was younger I thought vacations were a waste of money because in the end you get nothing material. When Dave and Ashli got married I was in wedding so I was forced to go to Playa Del Carmen. We both loved it and since then we try each year for some vacation. Just having a vacation to look forward to helps a a lot, then just being able to see new places has made me more happy than the material possessions I used to think were everything. On my deathbed hopefully I will think of all the vacations I took and the experiences I got over the material stuff I've had.
    I'll tell you, after spending the last few years travelling all over the world for work (and some for fun), I regret not trying to travel more. When I was younger, it was all about stupid purchases with expendable funds. I should have been putting that money into plane tickets instead of paintball and bar tabs! haha...

Next on my list is to go back to Japan, and actually spend time there instead of a long layover. Hopefully in 2018.
    Do not put off living the life you dream of. Next year may never come. If we are always waiting for something to change...
    Retirement, the kids to leave home, the weather or the economy, that's not living. That's waiting!
    Waiting will only leaves us with unrealized dreams and empty wishes.

Quote Originally Posted by bulldog View Post

Damir is probably going to get into the $500+ a month car payment....$37K on a standard loan is usually about $700 a month (depending how much is put down)....yeah too much for my cheap ass. I think his Columbian connections are helping him out

Is 0% for 72 months available? Otherwise someone is doing bad math.

Quote Originally Posted by Kristian View Post
    Currently only .9% for 72 months on 2017 Tundras and 2.9% on 2017 Tacomas through TFS. The 0% offers ended on the 2nd unfortunately. May have to wait until the end of the year for better deals.
    www.mo-door.com
    https://64degreeracing.com/

2003 VFR800
    2007 GSX-R600
    2007 R1
    2003 R6 Race bike
    2010 Ducati SF1098
    2016 60th R1
    2018 Aprilia Tuono V4 1100RR
    2024 Aprilia Tuono Factory Ultra Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Kristian View Post
    Who does math anymore when we have tools for that. 37k with zero down for 60 months is about $667 a month not even factoring in sales tax.
    https://www.cars.com/car-loan-calculator/

ive always heard 60 months is the standard loan. 72 months is ok for zero interest but if not your just paying more by extending the loan
    Last edited by bulldog; Sat Oct 7th, 2017 at 07:34 AM.
    Bulldog's Motto: F*ck around and I'm going to bite you!!!