Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: MotoGP Catalunya (SPOILER)

MotoGP Catalunya (SPOILER)

Wow, now that was one of the most exciting races of the year!! Valentino, Marc, Dani, and Lorenzo battled back and forth. Marc gets passed and immedietly he makes the pass back. What a great young rider. Who needs coffee at 5am when these a Moto GP race on.
    Last edited by Mother Goose; Mon Jun 16th, 2014 at 08:46 AM.

Re: Marquez Wins Again

Wow another person that wakes up early to watch live like I do haha, great race indeed. Great seeing Vale back to form and showing people he still has it. Kind of sick of seeing this kid win to be honest but well at least he's not doing it as easy as the beginning of the season. He seems to be pushing harder and harder which caused him that crash in Q2 yesterday so we'll see if he can upkeep the pace without ruining the perfect season so far.
    www.mo-door.com
    https://64degreeracing.com/

2003 VFR800
    2007 GSX-R600
    2007 R1
    2003 R6 Race bike
    2010 Ducati SF1098
    2016 60th R1
    2018 Aprilia Tuono V4 1100RR (Always say I'm done riding but the results state that I lied... )

SO... I'm sitting here watching the race on the DVR, 10 laps to go, enjoying the battle and I click on the ole' CSC...

First thread is this?!

To you sir, I say good day...

Do not put off living the life you dream of. Next year may never come. If we are always waiting for something to change...
    Retirement, the kids to leave home, the weather or the economy, that's not living. That's waiting!
    Waiting will only leaves us with unrealized dreams and empty wishes.

Admin should change thread title to "Don't spoil races"

Quote Originally Posted by tecknojoe View Post
    +1

Quote Originally Posted by madvlad View Post
    Wow another person that wakes up early to watch live like I do haha, great race indeed. Great seeing Vale back to form and showing people he still has it. Kind of sick of seeing this kid win to be honest but well at least he's not doing it as easy as the beginning of the season. He seems to be pushing harder and harder which caused him that crash in Q2 yesterday so we'll see if he can upkeep the pace without ruining the perfect season so far.
    Same here, I'm always up early for the races on Sunday. Race could start at 3AM and I'd set my alarm to wake me up to see it live

My take on Marquez, at this point some of his wins are brought down to the bike itself. I hate being "that guy" that says someone wins because of the bike. However, if you compare him to the other three, you can tell his has a little extra grunt when he needs it. Even Pedrosa's RC213V doesn't have the overall grunt of Marquez's bike. Marquez is also willing at this point to make some super aggressive moves. He's got a 50+ points spread and can afford to bin it just to find where his limit is at. I would of thought his crash in qualifying would have done it but I think it's going to take him going down in a race for him to dial it back and ride a little more sensible. However, if no one is willing to jam him right back after he passes he's going to continue to ride the way he does until someone fights him back.

Rossi would be the most willing to fight back but it goes back to my initial point of Marquez just having the faster bike. All the race craft in the world isn't going to help Rossi if he can't get right on Marquez's back wheel and set up corners to pass him. He has the pace to keep with Marquez, just needs that little bit more of grunt to get on his back wheel and then make the lunge underneath. I believe we'll see a very good race in Assen, it's a smaller track where agility and bike setting mean more than outright speed. Because anytime you have a giant straight on a track, the Honda will use that to their advantage.

That being said, Yamaha could have put a stop to this had they not blindly accepted Honda's notion of a engine development freeze. Yet they agreed and now are paying the price for it.

Or everyone could just get up and watch the race like us early birds do
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"So live your life so the fear of death can never enter your heart. Trouble no one about their religion; respect others in their views, and demand that they respect yours. Love your life, perfect your life, beautify all things in your life. Seek to make your life long and of service to your people. Prepare a noble death song for the day when you go over the great divide.
    "

"Finish today what others won't, so you can achieve tomorrow what others can't."

Chief Viffer Lifetime Supporter dirkterrell's Avatar

Yes, please at least don't post results in the subject line and maybe put "spoiler" there too. Many will appreciate it.
    Formerly MRA #211 - High Precision Racing

"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self- preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property, and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

--Thomas Jefferson

Also find it rather interesting that we haven't heard zip on Rossi, Pedrosa or Lorenzo's future for next year. Many on Crash.net including crash.net themselves thought Rossi would have confirmed his future with Yamaha at Mugello. However, not a word was uttered other than from Rossi commenting on how he'd like another two years with Yamaha. Julian Ryder over at Superbike Planet seems to think Rossi may be holding out for more money on the next two year contract.

I'm going to stir the pot even a little more because this is the way I think at times. It wouldn't surprise me one bit if Rossi has been approached by Honda to ride with Marquez for the next two years.

Some say that would be a bad idea as they already have the perfect wing man in Pedrosa. However, with Rossi being the quickest Yamaha this year(consistently beating his Teammate and beating him bad), it wouldn't shock me in the least if Honda may have approached Rossi.

Here's why, it's possible Rossi and Honda could bury the proverbial hatchet and make amends. Also wouldn't it be something for Rossi to finish his bright career on the same bike he came into the Premier class riding?? Also, with Rossi showing his dominance at Yamaha. He may be the only one in the paddock able to take the fight to Marquez race after race if here were on a Honda. I don't think any of us would doubt that Rossi would possibly have a couple wins in his pocket this year "IF" he were on the Honda. He'd have the bike with the grunt he needs, braking the way he wants and his many years of race craft. It would also be a MotoGP dream team. The old venerable master, the young unstoppable apprentice. Who could stand against them???

For sure if Rossi were on a Honda it would always be a Honda 1 & 2, but what order?? It would make for a fairy tale ending if Rossi were to go back to Honda and maybe even take the Championship one last time before he retires. What company wouldn't want that too happen?? Honda could also lay claim to bringing him back and him taking his last championship with them. Because let's also be honest again, if Marquez wasn't there winning, who do you think would be leading the championship right now?? Rossi and if you take into account every second place he's earned that would then turn into a win with Marquez gone.

Now reasons why I DON'T think Honda want Rossi. Well for starters, they've been there, done that and got the t-shirt(3 times in fact). Rossi is in the twilight of his career. They have the latest and greatest hot shot in Marquez, whom at this stage of the championship has proven he can't be beaten. The nice and happy friendship they have between them, may in fact turn into another bitter rivalry should Rossi join the team and start winning. Rossi wouldn't be as good of wing man as Pedrosa. Yes Rossi can run as a #2 as he is now at Yamaha. But look at what his results have done to Lorenzo. Aside from Mugello's ride, Lorenzo has been completely broken by Rossi on several occasions. Can't say as I feel bad for Lorenzo, he did the same thing back in 2008 when he showed up at Yamaha. I say, it's racing and sh*t happens, so deal with it. If Rossi were to join Honda, being the # 2 but knowing his vicious competitive nature he's going to want to win every time. He will hound Marquez more and the two will take wins from each other.

I do say this, looking at it from my point of view, I do think the Pros outweigh the Cons if Honda were to sign Rossi. Not that they need the money or publicity but Rossi would bring massive amounts of both to them if he were to go back to Honda. It would in a sense be a magical final two years for him if he were on a Honda....

Quote Originally Posted by dirkterrell View Post
    Yes, please at least don't post results in the subject line and maybe put "spoiler" there too. Many will appreciate it.
    Well technically he didn't say which race Marquez won. Just that "Marquez Wins Again", which boiling it down to a technicality could reference, Qatar, COTA, Argentina, Jerez, Le Mans, Mugello or Catalunya

Last edited by The Black Knight; Sun Jun 15th, 2014 at 09:42 AM. Reason: Typo
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"So live your life so the fear of death can never enter your heart. Trouble no one about their religion; respect others in their views, and demand that they respect yours. Love your life, perfect your life, beautify all things in your life. Seek to make your life long and of service to your people. Prepare a noble death song for the day when you go over the great divide.
    "

"Finish today what others won't, so you can achieve tomorrow what others can't."

+1!!!!!!

Well with Suzuki coming in next year and Aprilia in 16' a lot of options open up and what not but I'm sure that we'll hear about contracts in the next few weeks, Yamaha may not go for Rossi and or Lorenzo again given there is so much younger talent upcoming in moto3 and moto2 as well as those that have moved up to the premier class in satellite bikes, I personally think that Yamaha will try a different approach given Rossi is nearly done and Lorenzo is showing struggle as well but this is my point of view of course given that it's all about business for factories and after how Rossi and Honda finished their relationship I highly doubt they'll go for him again... As far as Marquez goes it's also the fact that his brake points are soooo much later than everyone else's and he starts to gain ground there... He had a few close calls but that kid definitely has some major balls ... good to see Pedrosa smiling again after somewhat of a weird start to his season.
    www.mo-door.com

2003 VFR800
    2007 GSX-R600
    2007 R1
    2003 R6 Race bike
    2010 Ducati SF1098
    2016 60th R1
    2018 Aprilia Tuono V4 1100RR (Always say I'm done riding but the results state that I lied... )

Quote Originally Posted by dirkterrell View Post
    +1

Now I don't want to watch the race.

Please put "Spoiler" in your title next time.

Nice job posting the race winner in the title. Try thinking before posting, douche!
    No doubt about the future, No regrets about the past!

Don't spoil the race! Spoiler alert!!!

Title change

Well I tried but apparently the new forum doesn't update the title like the old one did.
    Last edited by Ezzzzy1; Sun Jun 15th, 2014 at 09:59 AM.
    Mo-Door.com - Contact me for CSC pricing

Mo-Door on: Twitter Facebook

Yeah dood . Hint hint. Go change title. Still early.

Meh, I'm in England. I just turned on my motogp account and drank coffee all day while I watched

gotta go, heading to silverstone for a track day as we speak

Meh, I'm in England. I just turned on my motogp account and drank coffee all day while I watched

gotta go, heading to silverstone for a track day as we speak
    Wow!! track day at Silverstone, I'm jealousy big time... have fun
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"

Plus one on the spoiler in the subject line. I cannot watch the races live, and often can't watch them until a week later. So thanks for ruining this one dick.

Rookie mistake people, take it easy and let it go.... better post some pics and video Joe
    www.mo-door.com

2003 VFR800
    2007 GSX-R600
    2007 R1
    2003 R6 Race bike
    2010 Ducati SF1098
    2016 60th R1

I'm pumped... Let's let the healing begin! Lifetime Supporter ~Barn~'s Avatar

The CSC does not suffer fools or rookies.
    ~Brandon~
    Aprilia RSV 1000 R Factory - "Gemma"
    MV Agusta F3 800 - "Amy Lou"
    Rattan Fat Bear Plus - "Lynda"
    (720) 935-6438
    I rarely think of motorcycles without a little yearning. They are about moving, and humans, I think, yearn to move – it’s in our cells, in our desires. We quiet our babies with cyclic movement, and we quiet ourselves by going.
    Melissa Holbrook Pierson

Hey everyone, I apologize for th early post. It won't happen again. Seriously, I didn't think bout it. Sorry. But can we keep the sarcastic comments (HCR25) to yourself please. I didn't join this Club to have crap like this thrown at me. Once again sorry and every father out there, have a great Fathers Day.

Quote Originally Posted by madvlad View Post
    Well with Suzuki coming in next year and Aprilia in 16' a lot of options open up and what not but I'm sure that we'll hear about contracts in the next few weeks, Yamaha may not go for Rossi and or Lorenzo again given there is so much younger talent upcoming in moto3 and moto2 as well as those that have moved up to the premier class in satellite bikes, I personally think that Yamaha will try a different approach given Rossi is nearly done and Lorenzo is showing struggle as well but this is my point of view of course given that it's all about business for factories and after how Rossi and Honda finished their relationship I highly doubt they'll go for him again... As far as Marquez goes it's also the fact that his brake points are soooo much later than everyone else's and he starts to gain ground there... He had a few close calls but that kid definitely has some major balls ... good to see Pedrosa smiling again after somewhat of a weird start to his season.
    Yep for sure with Suzuki and Aprilia coming back more seats will be available. Be nice if Kawasaki ever decided to return as well. More manufactures, means more seats and more bikes on the grid. I also think we'll see more parity between the bikes in 2016 once the standard ECU becomes compulsory. Until then, it will be the top 4 machines winning.

There is some speculation that Suzuki want Dovi or Pedrosa but also Eugene Laverty has done some testing with them and really enjoyed the bike. I would think Suzuki will have an easier time securing good riders vs. Aprilia.

I don't know about Yamaha discarding both Rossi and Lorenzo. Yeah the talent is there in Moto3 and Moto2 but then again it isn't. Look at Pol Espargaro, last years Moto2 champ. He really hasn't done much, granted he's on a Tech3 but hasn't produced results that are on par with Crutchlow of last year. Yes he's beating his teammate which is good for a rookie. Looking at Moto2 though, you've got mainly Vinales, Salom and Rabat. Kallio already had a chance in MotoGP. Corsi can't be consistent. The minor stars in Moto2, i.e. Folger, Aegeter, Luthi all shine but only just. I think Moto3 has some of the best talent yet but they are all very young and it would be dangerous slamming one of them on a 260hp rocket ship compared to their 125cc machines.

I think it will be 2016 and beyond before we see some real good contenders show up in the premiere class. Marquez is just getting started, Pedrosa and Lorenzo ain't old(yet), Rossi still wants two more(and by his performance this year, deserves it), Espargaro 1 & 2 are really good but need better kit. Dovi still has it and I think Hayden still has it. Crutchlow should go back to WSBK(he sucks, never really cared for him).

Honestly if I had to pool from riders that offer more I'd have to go with riders from WSBK. E. Laverty would be awesome, Baz is insane, hell even Sykes may do some damage. Guintoli, Giuliano, Davies are getting up there but would do alright I think. Can't forget Johnny Rea(a beast at Assen). Haslem, Camier, and a host of other riders that I think would do well. Of all I mentioned the only one who I think could do well against Marquez would be Baz on the right machine. Baz is crazy when he rides. Melandri might even do well on a 2016 standard ECU bike(though that might be a stretch).

I'll agree with you about business is business and Honda is all about doing "good" business. Which is why it wouldn't surprise me if they snag Rossi. It would be primarily from a business standpoint and would pay off monetarily. They have their young hitman for the next several years. Why not send the old King out with a bang?? Anything is possible, which is why I love the silly season speculation. The what if's are almost as good as the endgame when riders do actually sign.

If I were a gambling man, I'd place money on both ways for Rossi. I think the Yamaha deal is more concrete but wouldn't rule out some out of left field signing with Repsol Honda. It's Pedrosa and Lorenzo's futures that are a bit more cloudy. Can't see Lorenzo going to Honda just to play #2 and get his teeth kicked in by Marquez, plus the bike isn't really developed for his high corner speed style. Also Rossi said it himself, that Lorenzo doesn't like to lose or come in 2nd and that's exactly what would happen over at Honda for Lorenzo. Pedrosa could go either way, stays with Honda or goes to Suzuki where he knows he'll be the #1, that means even if Dovi goes to Suzuki, Dovi will be #2. He's not fast enough for Pedrosa or to take the #1 spot at Suzuki.

Lastly, can't believe I'm saying it but I'd love to see Stoner come back just to see what might transpire with him on the grid. Never hated him, in fact loved his outright speed. Just hated his attitude. With Stoner back things could get hairy quick.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"

No, Stoner can stay home lol
    www.mo-door.com

2003 VFR800
    2007 GSX-R600
    2007 R1
    2003 R6 Race bike
    2010 Ducati SF1098
    2016 60th R1

Quote Originally Posted by milehizx6r View Post
    Hey everyone, I apologize for th early post. It won't happen again. Seriously, I didn't think bout it. Sorry. But can we keep the sarcastic comments (HCR25) to yourself please. I didn't join this Club to have crap like this thrown at me. Once again sorry and every father out there, have a great Fathers Day.
    No need to apologize. A more fitting reply would've been "fuck the haters, Marquez won bitches" and then just not do it again. Seriously, going to need thick skin. I don't think HCR's comment was sarcastic at all. In fact it was right to the point. I like that!

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
    Plus one on the spoiler in the subject line. I cannot watch the races live, and often can't watch them until a week later. So thanks for ruining this one dick.
    Yeah if anything this was a real pee pee head remark.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"