View Poll Results: Do you want to ride in Denver's St. Patrick's Day Parade this year?

Voters
18. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I want to ride in the parade this year!

7 38.89%
  • No, I don't want to ride in the parade this year.

11 61.11%

Thread: Does the CSC want to ride in Denver's St. Patrick's Day Parade this year?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Only here for the free Wi-Fi Site Admin Spiderman's Avatar

Re: Does the CSC want to ride in Denver's St. Patrick's Day Parade this year?

Quote Originally Posted by ~Barn~ View Post
    I'd say obviously no wheelies or stunts, or probably not even burnouts.
    Definitely no wheelies, stunts, or even burnouts.

Quote Originally Posted by ~Barn~ View Post
    Yes, a group of cops in a certain section of the parade may greenlight it, but word will probably get back to the parade committee.
    That's essentially what happened 2 years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by bulldog View Post
    See I read this statement and seems like for years we were told we could NOT do stunts (see red bolded statement)…..by the Denver PD and Parade Marshalls! I remember way back when Hoopty started these he was also confronted by the police and told to stop; that was like 2009! So then you guys continue to do them and then ask surprised they didn’t allow us to participate last year. WTF!!!

As if they didn’t allow it one year, but the next year they suddenly would….again common sense.

When did stunts become legal? Much less in a crowded public street filled with police. Why would someone think because they are ILLEGAL elsewhere that they would be allowed in a parade….isn’t this just common sense???? Just crazy how many times I’ve seen “stunters” bashed on the site for doing them in public areas, but when it comes to a public parade it suddenly isn’t that same….I don’t get it.

Bottom line is they can refuse our participation and nothing we can do about it…they are in charge. I believe if we cleaned things up and stopped the stunts they would be happy to have us back in the parade, but we have to prove it first. Problem is nobody on this board enforces this so it takes one rider to break the “no stunts” for them to see we did not make changes, so if we decide to participate I think we need EVERYONE on board.

If not continue on and then don’t act surprised when we are not invited…..life isn’t fair
    I also said "Without getting in to all the detail"... we've been doing the parade since 2002, and for quite a few years, we were allowed to do burnouts and stunts (there was even a video of TV coverage showing Hoopty doing wheelies up and down the middle of the 2 lanes of bikes). And we won Motorcycle Entry of the year once, in a year where we were doing burnouts and stunts, as I recall.

What you said makes a lot of sense. The only issue I really had with what happened 2 years ago, were the discrepancies between what actually happened (we were given permission after asking), and what we were accused of (not complying with orders to stop... because that never happened). Since it was the police and parade marshals that had told us to stop in the past, I figured a policeman would be the person to ask for permission. Honestly, I didn't expect him to say "Yes".

It may have taken me longer to figure out this lesson than you, Nate, but, I now refer back to my reply to Barn, a little higher up in this post:
    Bob <------ Asshole Nazi devil moderator out to get each and every one of you
         - 2002 Yamaha R1 (92K+ miles... bought new) ---------------------------------------->
         - 2015 Yamaha Bolt C-Spec (Cafe Racer)
         - 2004 Yamaha R6 (racebike)
         - 2006 Yamaha R1 (racebike)
    R.I.P. 502
    ~ Everything works out in the end. If it hasn't worked out, it isn't the end.

Re: Does the CSC want to ride in Denver's St. Patrick's Day Parade this year?

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderman View Post

That's essentially what happened 2 years ago.

I also said "Without getting in to all the detail"... we've been doing the parade since 2002, and for quite a few years, we were allowed to do burnouts and stunts (there was even a video of TV coverage showing Hoopty doing wheelies up and down the middle of the 2 lanes of bikes). And we won Motorcycle Entry of the year once, in a year where we were doing burnouts and stunts, as I recall.

What you said makes a lot of sense. The only issue I really had with what happened 2 years ago, were the discrepancies between what actually happened (we were given permission after asking), and what we were accused of (not complying with orders to stop... because that never happened). Since it was the police and parade marshals that had told us to stop in the past, I figured a policeman would be the person to ask for permission. Honestly, I didn't expect him to say "Yes".

It may have taken me longer to figure out this lesson than you, Nate, but, I now refer back to my reply to Barn, a little higher up in this post:
    Thanks for understanding Bob

I know at least once Hoopty got talked to by police in those parades for stunting, so I guess it went back and forth. Overall Hoopty got pulled over for stunting on the road more than once, so he never seemed to care or understand it is about more than just "him" that could be affected.

I've learned this the hard way too man.....like I said I saw my best friends go to prison for killing my cousin in a car crash. Our family even testified we knew it was a accident and he should not get charged with vehicular manslaughter, but the New Mexico DA prosecuted him and he went away for two year at age 18!

But yeah, I agree let's do it then (well club, not me) if everyone is on board to keep it stunt free....I am sure that is all the parade committee is asking. Again it will take all on board because one person slips and that is all they will remember.

I get both ways, but it comes down to liability and no way can they allow that at a huge parade.

Overall, I think with no stunts then they would welcome us back. We may let down some kids, but maybe we can pass out some Jason Britton performance fliers so they can see a pro do it (who is insured).
    Bulldog's Motto: F*ck around and I'm going to bite you!!!