Thread: MT: 2012 ZL-1 vs Mustang Boss LS

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: MT: 2012 ZL-1 vs Mustang Boss LS

Most definitely, just glad the domestic market is catching up to technology and still targets the thrill seeking fun crowd, while meeting halfway with the families and conservative drivers. Toyota and most import brands forgot what that is... And whoever calls Scion a fun brand (yes even with that whack ass FT-86 they call a sports car), please go to the corner and think throughly about that.
    www.mo-door.com
    https://64degreeracing.com/

2003 VFR800
    2007 GSX-R600
    2007 R1
    2003 R6 Race bike
    2010 Ducati SF1098
    2016 60th R1
    2018 Aprilia Tuono V4 1100RR
    2024 Aprilia Tuono Factory Ultra Gold

Quote Originally Posted by madvlad View Post
    Most definitely, just glad the domestic market is catching up to technology and still targets the thrill seeking fun crowd, while meeting halfway with the families and conservative drivers. Toyota and most import brands forgot what that is... And whoever calls Scion a fun brand (yes even with that whack ass FT-86 they call a sports car), please go to the corner and think throughly about that.
    In the 90s the Imports kinda had it all--RX7, Supra, MR2, NSX, 3000GT-VR4, Integra Type R, Eclipse GSX, etc. Then they killed off every single one of those.

Now, there's the STI (EVO just got killed), 370z and GTR...and not much else.

The FT-86 could have been cool, but they nerfed it with a pathetic 200HP/150lb torque N/A engine for MPG.

So, I'm very glad to see things like the SRT-8s, the 302s and the ZL-1s out there, at least someone's trying to make a fun/"affordable" car that's actually...fun.

And, even if the $50-60k top-shelf models are out of reach, the bargain-basement V6 Mustang and Camaros aren't bad cars, and the V8 SS and GT are decently fun for tire-smoking hooliganry.
    Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death.
    ~Hunter S. Thompson

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
    In the 90s the Imports kinda had it all--RX7, Supra, MR2, NSX, 3000GT-VR4, Integra Type R, Eclipse GSX, etc. Then they killed off every single one of those.

Now, there's the STI (EVO just got killed), 370z and GTR...and not much else.

The FT-86 could have been cool, but they nerfed it with a pathetic 200HP/150lb torque N/A engine for MPG.

So, I'm very glad to see things like the SRT-8s, the 302s and the ZL-1s out there, at least someone's trying to make a fun/"affordable" car that's actually...fun.

And, even if the $50-60k top-shelf models are out of reach, the bargain-basement V6 Mustang and Camaros aren't bad cars, and the V8 SS and GT are decently fun for tire-smoking hooliganry.
    Yea they lost ground definitely, the 300zx, 3000GT (or GTO) and Supra were the pioneers in that time but even to this day I love those rides and would kill for a Supra. I lost love for the EVO on the last generation, ugly, underpowered, heavy and just crap. EVO IX was the best IMO... STi's are cool but overrated as well. The FT-86 is an overpriced, out of the factory failure. Maybe it'll get aftermarket support like crazy being RWD based but close to $32k for a 200hp car? Forget it!... I'd rather drop another $6-7k and get a G37 with 330hp and 320 lb of torque or even a 370z... I mean hell even the Chevy cruize with a 1.6 turbo engine is fun but Toyota makes a sport line for the Prius? Seriously? lol
    www.mo-door.com

2003 VFR800
    2007 GSX-R600
    2007 R1
    2003 R6 Race bike
    2010 Ducati SF1098
    2016 60th R1

Yea they lost ground definitely, the 300zx, 3000GT (or GTO) and Supra were the pioneers in that time but even to this day I love those rides and would kill for a Supra. I lost love for the EVO on the last generation, ugly, underpowered, heavy and just crap. EVO IX was the best IMO... STi's are cool but overrated as well. The FT-86 is an overpriced, out of the factory failure. Maybe it'll get aftermarket support like crazy being RWD based but close to $32k for a 200hp car? Forget it!... I'd rather drop another $6-7k and get a G37 with 330hp and 320 lb of torque or even a 370z... I mean hell even the Chevy cruize with a 1.6 turbo engine is fun but Toyota makes a sport line for the Prius? Seriously? lol
    you can have a 2000 + hp suby but with any sort of non oem exhaust your car sounds like a wet fart

Quote Originally Posted by derekm View Post
    you can have a 2000 + hp suby but with any sort of non oem exhaust your car sounds like a wet fart
    You've got odd farts then.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lG8k9MTLmGQ
    ~Hunter S. Thompson

Way to rev a cold motor like a newb lol... Straight exhausts sound annoying lol. Nice STi though
    www.mo-door.com

2003 VFR800
    2007 GSX-R600
    2007 R1
    2003 R6 Race bike
    2010 Ducati SF1098
    2016 60th R1

Odd point of trivia--the FT-86 will come on the same tires as the Prius. So...make of that what you will.

I like the 370z, but didn't fall in love when I got to drive two of them. It was "Ok" without ever being "Great". Everything was just "not-quite" as good as it should have been--not as quick, not as powerful, not as sharp in handling, and the 3.7L motor is kinda...shit.

A 300HP "STI" FT-86 would be interesting--but it'll never be built. That's not the point of that car, and it'd price itself out of the market. The BRZ already will cost as much or more than a WRX...
    ~Hunter S. Thompson

Odd point of trivia--the FT-86 will come on the same tires as the Prius. So...make of that what you will.

I like the 370z, but didn't fall in love when I got to drive two of them. It was "Ok" without ever being "Great". Everything was just "not-quite" as good as it should have been--not as quick, not as powerful, not as sharp in handling, and the 3.7L motor is kinda...shit.

A 300HP "STI" FT-86 would be interesting--but it'll never be built. That's not the point of that car, and it'd price itself out of the market. The BRZ already will cost as much or more than a WRX...
    Yea the 370z definitely needs more edge for a sports coupe, have yet to drive one but I hear what you just said from quite a lot of people now. The 3.7 V6 which I assume is the same VQ motor on the G37, just kicks power so well in our Infiniti models. I do know Nissan sacrificed torque for HP in the 350z's the 2nd generation through which is why they may feel flimsy and such now too perhaps. I drive a 11' G37x base for my roadside car and its such a fun drive everytime, engine screams, torque you can feel plus a 7 spd transmission tiptronic style though I hate automatics but this one and the GT-R are the exception... As far as the FT-86 having Prius tire specs well just gay lol, all I can say. They should've implemented at least 250hp on that platform to justify the $30k+ price tag
    www.mo-door.com

2003 VFR800
    2007 GSX-R600
    2007 R1
    2003 R6 Race bike
    2010 Ducati SF1098
    2016 60th R1