Thread: Any time you think you have it bad..

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Geriatric Curmudgeon Lifetime Supporter Nick_Ninja's Avatar

Re: Any time you think you have it bad..

I applaud Ralph for bringing this to our collective attention. In these difficult times, and with the upcoming holiday season that is upon us, I encourage all of you to seek out the charity of your choice and give them something. Time, money, monetary items. It might make you feel better and will most definitely make them feel better that you did. My $0.02.
    "Its all about the motorbikes, always has been and always will be.". ~~ Ewan McGregor 2007

"It's hard to play the blues when nuthin's really wrong."~~ ---- Joe Walsh 2012

I.B.A. # 14748 124@X - YRMV

Gold Member Yearly Supporter mtnairlover's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nick_Ninja View Post
    I applaud Ralph for bringing this to our collective attention. In these difficult times, and with the upcoming holiday season that is upon us, I encourage all of you to seek out the charity of your choice and give them something. Time, money, monetary items. It might make you feel better and will most definitely make them feel better that you did. My $0.02.
    I'm not saying this cuz I need anyone's pity or sympathy, but this season is extremely hard for me and my kids since my ex has decided to stop with child support. I'm upside down each month with monthly bills without it.

Anyhoo...my point? This morning my 11-year-old told me about the canned food drive at her school, so I opened up the cupboard and put a few cans in a bag for her. It's the feeling you get knowing that you are still capable of doing something to make a difference even if your world seems like shit at the moment...cuz, ultimately it still doesn't compare to what others may be going through.
    ...ready to take on the world...one canyon at a time...

Check out my WordPress blog -- Exploring Colorado’s 25 Scenic and Historic Byways: A two-year tour by sport bike, auto and 4×4 @ mtnairloversview

Like my Facebook page @ Colorado Scenic Byways Tours to learn more about the byways

Geriatric Curmudgeon Lifetime Supporter Nick_Ninja's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mtnairlover View Post
    I'm not saying this cuz I need anyone's pity or sympathy, but this season is extremely hard for me and my kids since my ex has decided to stop with child support. I'm upside down each month with monthly bills without it.

Anyhoo...my point? This morning my 11-year-old told me about the canned food drive at her school, so I opened up the cupboard and put a few cans in a bag for her. It's the feeling you get knowing that you are still capable of doing something to make a difference even if your world seems like shit at the moment...cuz, ultimately it still doesn't compare to what others may be going through.
    My sister is going through the same thing. Deadbeat Dad that refuses to anti-up on any form of child support. Her reasoning to not turn him over to the courts is 'how it will affect the child if I do that'. I say BULL SHIT. The guy needs the noose tightened and the screws turned. There is no reason for her to take the heat on the care of her (and his don't forget) child. God I want to ground and pound the goof.
    "Its all about the motorbikes, always has been and always will be.". ~~ Ewan McGregor 2007

"It's hard to play the blues when nuthin's really wrong."~~ ---- Joe Walsh 2012

I.B.A. # 14748 124@X - YRMV

Gold Member Yearly Supporter mtnairlover's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nick_Ninja View Post
    My sister is going through the same thing. Deadbeat Dad that refuses to anti-up on any form of child support. Her reasoning to not turn him over to the courts is 'how it will affect the child if I do that'. I say BULL SHIT. The guy needs the noose tightened and the screws turned. There is no reason for her to take the heat on the care of her (and his don't forget) child. God I want to ground and pound the goof.
    At this point, it's my two older kids who have told me repeatedly to take him to court...they get it and see what he's done...so damage is already there. It's up to me to take a stand and my kids need to see that I have a backbone and that it's important to stand for what you believe in.
    ...ready to take on the world...one canyon at a time...

Check out my WordPress blog -- Exploring Colorado’s 25 Scenic and Historic Byways: A two-year tour by sport bike, auto and 4×4 @ mtnairloversview

Like my Facebook page @ Colorado Scenic Byways Tours to learn more about the byways