Thread: S1000RR for a first time rider

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: S1000RR for a first time rider

I started out on a bone stock sv650. It was/is cheap enough to get into. Fun enough to get a season in so that I knew what mods I could do over the winter. A trip to STM, new brake lines, and some sportier handlebars made season 2 a whole new animal. Season 3 I wanted an upgrade so I got the Triple. The good woman needed a bike so I put different handlebars on the sv so she can sit up. The SV changed into this noisy, extremely flick able, hooligan machine. It makes me smile again. The triple is a refined machine. It's not noisy (yet), vibrations are minimal, howls instead of rumbling, stops with a pinky instead of a hand. To each their own though. I'm glad I started on a less "capable" machine so that I can appreciate the good and bad of both my current bikes.

Re: S1000RR for a first time rider

Quote Originally Posted by Nolan View Post
    I started out on a bone stock sv650. It was/is cheap enough to get into. Fun enough to get a season in so that I knew what mods I could do over the winter. A trip to STM, new brake lines, and some sportier handlebars made season 2 a whole new animal. Season 3 I wanted an upgrade so I got the Triple. The good woman needed a bike so I put different handlebars on the sv so she can sit up. The SV changed into this noisy, extremely flick able, hooligan machine. It makes me smile again. The triple is a refined machine. It's not noisy (yet), vibrations are minimal, howls instead of rumbling, stops with a pinky instead of a hand. To each their own though. I'm glad I started on a less "capable" machine so that I can appreciate the good and bad of both my current bikes.
    Yeah that is how I felt about my Katana! That thing was so heavy and harder to move around, but it was all I had so I learned how to ride the shit out of it. When I moved up to the F4I it made me appreciate the upgrade! For sure I felt the struggle on the Katana made me a better rider because it had to be about my skills to keep up with the more HP bikes.
    Bulldog's Motto: F*ck around and I'm going to bite you!!!