Thread: The creeper rider

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Senior Member Lifetime Supporter
    Site Admin

Re: The creeper rider

When I was lobying for ABATE for motorcycle rights, I had to work with a lot of the patched clubs. Most of the guys were polite and friendly. There's always a few although haven't really seen it hanging with you clowns. I even had to go to their club house. Not as fun as it sounds I promise you.

@Ralph - that explains why you don't ride street anymore...too afraid you'll get felt up. Ah well, what can you do when you're a superstar...
    "With every broken bone, I swear I lived."

Quote Originally Posted by bornwildnfree View Post
    When I was lobying for ABATE for motorcycle rights, I had to work with a lot of the patched clubs. Most of the guys were polite and friendly. There's always a few although haven't really seen it hanging with you clowns. I even had to go to their club house. Not as fun as it sounds I promise you.

@Ralph - that explains why you don't ride street anymore...too afraid you'll get felt up. Ah well, what can you do when you're a superstar...
    Lobbying for motorcycle rights or not, that's not a safe environment for a lone woman to be in. Someone should have gone with you, especially if you had to go to their club houses. God knows what goes on at those places.

The cynic in me looks at it this way too. Lobby motorcycle rights in a place that actually matters. Who really cares what biker gangs think or what their rights are? My opinion, they joined a gang. I less concerned about their safety on the highway and more interested in when they'll become just another statistic...
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"So live your life so the fear of death can never enter your heart. Trouble no one about their religion; respect others in their views, and demand that they respect yours. Love your life, perfect your life, beautify all things in your life. Seek to make your life long and of service to your people. Prepare a noble death song for the day when you go over the great divide.
    "

"Finish today what others won't, so you can achieve tomorrow what others can't."

Senior Member Lifetime Supporter
    Site Admin

Quote Originally Posted by The Black Knight View Post
    Lobbying for motorcycle rights or not, that's not a safe environment for a lone woman to be in. Someone should have gone with you, especially if you had to go to their club houses. God knows what goes on at those places.

The cynic in me looks at it this way too. Lobby motorcycle rights in a place that actually matters. Who really cares what biker gangs think or what their rights are? My opinion, they joined a gang. I less concerned about their safety on the highway and more interested in when they'll become just another statistic...
    Would love to except they are down at the capital every week, working with the powers that be and they have a strong voice. Politics being politics, you have to get people to work together which means building relationships. Actually that trip they were super polite while I was there and we were able to get their support for the MOST bill which then passed. Ug politics...
    "With every broken bone, I swear I lived."

Quote Originally Posted by bornwildnfree View Post
    Would love to except they are down at the capital every week, working with the powers that be and they have a strong voice. Politics being politics, you have to get people to work together which means building relationships. Actually that trip they were super polite while I was there and we were able to get their support for the MOST bill which then passed. Ug politics...
    I really have very little understanding of these clubs, but you should be careful because they may see that as "agreeing" to be involved. I was approached by a patched club member, we had a polite conv, and he asked me if I wan't to "hang around", which I politely declined and ended the conv