Thread: 23' MotoGP/WSBK/MotoAmerica discussion thread **SPOILER ALERT**

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: 23' MotoGP/WSBK/MotoAmerica discussion thread **SPOILER ALERT**

Quote Originally Posted by Ted View Post
    Still reckless as ever. Apparently with age doesn't come wisdom
    Quote Originally Posted by madvlad View Post
    Pretty good race, little boring after the incident because it gave Pecco the room to get away but nice to see MV regaining momentum and confidence. Hell of a job by Bezecchi for sure and not a bad start for KTM honestly, they kept up in the fight till the end.

Yeah, I have many questions about that move and just from the early going he was severely aggressive, just doesn't make any sense. The dude got a second chance at his career and like you said, apparently he hasn't learned a damn thing. Hope it will be good news with Oliveira because he literally got dead on sandwiched there. Although I understand that MM and the general rider mentality is not one to lay down and take a loss BUT I believe it is also the current state of HRC as a whole, that even though they know their bike is shit and not competitive BUT they're pulling out all the stops, no matter what and they need to chill the fuck out before they kill someone with that mentality. Same with Mir yesterday, it just doesn't make sense. Guarantee you Dorna won't penalize Mark that bad though and looks like MM has a possible metacarpal fracture.
    What's crazy is now Honda are appealing the ruling on Marquez. They are saying the double long lap penalty was to be imposed at Argentina, well now he's out with an injury. So the FIM said due to injury he will fulfill the penalty at his next race he attends(which is the correct thing). Honda seem to think that since he got injured and he's out that means he shouldn't have to serve the penalty.

In my opinion, I agree with Aleix Espargaro. Marquez deserves a minimum of a one race ban. Personally, I'd like to see a multi race ban for him.

And before folks get all in a rage and say it was a racing incident. Remember, Marquez has been doing this kind of asinine nonsense for a good 10 years. It's not Marc's first time pulling a stunt like this. It's different when it's a rare occurrence for a rider. With Marquez, these kinds of incidents always follow him. The guy is a menace on the track.

Marquez' problem is he doesn't like being beaten. Well, I've got news for him, he's now where Rossi was at 10 years ago. This new bunch of young maniacs don't give a damn who Marquez thinks he is, they are going to push him around and rattle his doors.

Thing is, I'm all for these new riders kicking Marquez while he's down. He did the same thing to other riders when he arrived, now it's his turn. Looks like 2015 is coming back to haunt him.

I'm all for at least a one race ban and I'd prefer to see a multi race ban. If I were in charge, I'd break him off until at least Jerez. Just to ram home the concept that he needs tighten his riding up and stop riding like a dick. And to show how committed I would be to having him retool his thinking, the moment he trades paint with someone, I'd black flag his ass. Until he gets the point that 20+ other riders can ride around the track and not slam into others on a continual basis, and he can learn how to ride normal as well.

I never had much respect for Marquez before, but after hearing in his own words how he treated Dani Pedrosa. I've got no use for the guy at all.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"So live your life so the fear of death can never enter your heart. Trouble no one about their religion; respect others in their views, and demand that they respect yours. Love your life, perfect your life, beautify all things in your life. Seek to make your life long and of service to your people. Prepare a noble death song for the day when you go over the great divide.
    "

"Finish today what others won't, so you can achieve tomorrow what others can't."

Quote Originally Posted by The Black Knight View Post
    What's crazy is now Honda are appealing the ruling on Marquez. They are saying the double long lap penalty was to be imposed at Argentina, well now he's out with an injury. So the FIM said due to injury he will fulfill the penalty at his next race he attends(which is the correct thing). Honda seem to think that since he got injured and he's out that means he shouldn't have to serve the penalty.

In my opinion, I agree with Aleix Espargaro. Marquez deserves a minimum of a one race ban. Personally, I'd like to see a multi race ban for him.

I never had much respect for Marquez before, but after hearing in his own words how he treated Dani Pedrosa. I've got no use for the guy at all.
    I am just finding out today about the double long lap penalty. Ridiculous!!. At least a 2 race ban should have been the minimum. The reckless behaviour is very clear in this incident, and in addition his history of pulling stunts like this one.

Even more surprising to me is that HRC is appealing when the penalty should be served. Balls !

We all have heard the rumours of how Dani was treated, but i did not realize Marquez has said it himself. I'd love to see that . Probably time for Marquez to retire before he hurts someone worse that he already has over the years (including himself)

Quote Originally Posted by The Black Knight View Post

And before folks get all in a rage and say it was a racing incident. Remember, Marquez has been doing this kind of asinine nonsense for a good 10 years. It's not Marc's first time pulling a stunt like this. It's different when it's a rare occurrence for a rider. With Marquez, these kinds of incidents always follow him. The guy is a menace on the track.

Marquez' problem is he doesn't like being beaten. Well, I've got news for him, he's now where Rossi was at 10 years ago. This new bunch of young maniacs don't give a damn who Marquez thinks he is, they are going to push him around and rattle his doors.

Thing is, I'm all for these new riders kicking Marquez while he's down. He did the same thing to other riders when he arrived, now it's his turn. Looks like 2015 is coming back to haunt him.

I'm all for at least a one race ban and I'd prefer to see a multi race ban. If I were in charge, I'd break him off until at least Jerez. Just to ram home the concept that he needs tighten his riding up and stop riding like a dick. And to show how committed I would be to having him retool his thinking, the moment he trades paint with someone, I'd black flag his ass. Until he gets the point that 20+ other riders can ride around the track and not slam into others on a continual basis, and he can learn how to ride normal as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Ted View Post
    I am just finding out today about the double long lap penalty. Ridiculous!!. At least a 2 race ban should have been the minimum. The reckless behaviour is very clear in this incident, and in addition his history of pulling stunts like this one.

Even more surprising to me is that HRC is appealing when the penalty should be served. Balls !

We all have heard the rumours of how Dani was treated, but i did not realize Marquez has said it himself. I'd love to see that . Probably time for Marquez to retire before he hurts someone worse that he already has over the years (including himself)

While I never denied MM's talent but there is no denying that he's one reckless rider, showed it in moto3, specially moto2 and now this (of course also during that bullshit in 2015 when him and his bitch ass manager stuck their fucking nose where they shouldn't have as they had NO BUSINESS affecting the outcome of that championship) and you'd think that he would learn by now but this is what happens when you allow certain riders/people to run rampant and without repercussion. HRC is fucking crazy by even having the nerve to appeal that decision, it's like they think they're above the law. Dude even Vietti served a long lap that carried from last season, why would MM's case be any different, HRC is out of their damn rocker and their corporate "win at all costs" mentality is carrying into their riders and is making them all look like dick (No wonder Rossi left). This won't end well at all, I sure wouldn't want to be riding around that dipshit on the track knowing it became a video game to him, what is happening with this situation is beyond ridiculous. I feel bad for Rins and Mir but specially for Rins, those two are in for a shitty time at HRC. I have a feeling that the penalty is going to get dropped and they'll deem the round missed "punishment enough", oh just watch
    www.mo-door.com
    https://64degreeracing.com/

2003 VFR800
    2007 GSX-R600
    2007 R1
    2003 R6 Race bike
    2010 Ducati SF1098
    2016 60th R1
    2018 Aprilia Tuono V4 1100RR
    2024 Aprilia Tuono Factory Ultra Gold