Thread: Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare

Quote Originally Posted by bulldog View Post
    Holy Sh*t Black Knight....you are a Call of Duty baddass for sure! I was so proud of my one "veteran" campaign win and you have done multiple...you must either be really good at FPS or spent a lot of time to do this...either way impressive

I've always been in to all types of games. Started with simple NES games like Super Mario Bros, Contra, RC-Pro Am, Mike Tysons Punch Out, Zelda, etc. Next came the Sega and was into games like Sonic the hedgehog, Altered Beats, Double Dragon, Streets of Rage, Golden Axe, NBA Jam....then the fighter games were released that changed it all for me because that is what were at the arcades; Street Fighter and Mortal Combat. My mom used to give me $2 in quarters so if I wanted that to last I had to take over those arcade games; winner stays, loser is done and has to pay. So I basically got obbsessed with fighting games because the arcade was the place to be when I was young. For years I ruled those games in my town...now arcades barely exist for those type of games.

I play everything though from Gran Turismo's, to GTA, to sport games. FPS will still be one of my all time favorites as been playing those since the DOOM days and Castle Woflensteins. Halo got me into the online playing and did that for many years till the cheaters took over. So now same as you, I like just the single player campaign modes so I don't have to deal with cheaters, annoying people talking smack, or not being able to pause. When I was high up on Halo boards I found that playing became more of a job than fun and people took it way too serious when we lost; totally re-thought what games should be....fun.

I did love that movie "The Wizard" and watched it a bunch of times. Yeah that was what made me enter a competition, but it was nowhere as big as that as I grew up in a small town. I did go out and buy that "PowerGlove" from that movie and felt it was the biggest waste of money ever!

Yup that kid was totally like me and "Fred Savage" was my best friend that was always amazed how good I was at games and set it up and even took me to the competition....I was amazed I won first place. Although saying that, I will say I used to think I was the best at video games, but online play and guys like Black Knight (beating hardened and veteran modes of COD) has humbled me and shown me there are people way better than me and in a national comp I'd get destroyed.

I feel you man on the annoying "trash talk" that goes on; all while hiding in there house. It is cool more games are offering the "co-op" story mode. Maybe one day we could do one of those together and avoid the others....I'll have to check if new COD has that; know GTAV does, but never tried it
    LOL!! not really a COD badass. Just always loved the Campaigns of the games. Like you, I grew up as a latch key kid and being an only child as well, had my Nintendo and Sega to keep me company. I had all those NES games you mentioned. Loved Super Mario Bros, Contra was great too. I hated Zelda, never did well on that game. I was the sh*t on RC Pro Am, played that one til I just got tired and you could never beat it. The levels just kept getting faster. ExciteBike was the same way.

I had the same as you on Sega. Sonic the Hedgehog 2 will forever be my favorite game. Had Altered Beast as well, what was funny about that game is it could be beaten in less than 45 minutes. Street Fighter and MK & MKII were what got me into fighting games as well. Hands down I could go boss mode with Sub-Zero and Scorpion.

Arcades are a by gone era man. Kids these days don't even know what it means to leave their own house to go outside and play. I remember riding my bmx bike with friends over to the local arcades back in the day. You got some exercise and some gaming and then went home. Nowadays kids wouldn't do that, it's too much work for them.

As for being great at COD, I'm in my 5th year of it. Really man, I don't think I'm that good. What makes me a hard and tough player is the fact I move a lot. I'm never in the same place twice. Constantly moving around the map and pushing spawns. Even the people in my Clan hate playing against me. They know I'm all over the map at all times. It was worse when I was able to use the "Tactical Insertion" on MW3 and Black Ops 2. I would tac near enemies, so as soon as I die. I'd respawn right back in the battle and be up their face quickly. But people who abused the tac insert for boosting is what got it taken away on Ghosts and Advanced Warfare. Honestly though, with the fact you can jet pack all over the map in Advanced Warfare is nice. I don't miss the tac insert much, because I can still get back in the action quickly.

Like Townie, I hate cheaters in the games. It ruins it for the rest of the honest players. Like yesterday, I played against a guy that was ranked #4 in Hardcore Kill Confirmed and was glitched into a part of the map on Instinct. He went 50 and 8 and got the manticore bomb against us. You know what's funny?? Him and his team still didn't win. We still beat them, because my clan and I work as a team. I'm one of those players that doesn't care about my K/D ratio. I'm more worried about getting that Win for my team. You can talk all the smack in the world, and the 50/8 guy did talk sh*t to us. So I asked him, who won the game?? Which enraged him even more. But I told him, dude you can cheat all you want and glitch into a part of the map and kill us on our spawn. But if you're not getting tags and helping your team, you're not going to win. He had no rebuttal because he knew I was right. What's more devastating to a team?? Going 50 and 8 with 4 tags confirmed like him, or going 35 and 28 with 33 tags confirmed like me?? I alone can collect half of the tags required to win a match(first to 65 tags wins). So while the guy with the super awesome K/D ratio looks cool, look at his Win/Loss ratio. It's a proven fact that I win 80% of all games I play in, my Win/Loss ratio shows it.

It's a fact that even shocks my Clan. One guy was saying to me the other day, that damn dude if we played 10 games, you'll win 8 of them. I told him, I hate losing and I hate seeing my team lose. You can beat the sh*t out of me but if you don't win the war and I do, for me that's the ultimate win. It's the ultimate bragging rights.

"it ain't about how hard you can hit, it's about how hard you can get hit and keep coming back for more."
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"So live your life so the fear of death can never enter your heart. Trouble no one about their religion; respect others in their views, and demand that they respect yours. Love your life, perfect your life, beautify all things in your life. Seek to make your life long and of service to your people. Prepare a noble death song for the day when you go over the great divide.
    "

"Finish today what others won't, so you can achieve tomorrow what others can't."

Quote Originally Posted by The Black Knight View Post
    LOL!! not really a COD badass. Just always loved the Campaigns of the games. Like you, I grew up as a latch key kid and being an only child as well, had my Nintendo and Sega to keep me company. I had all those NES games you mentioned. Loved Super Mario Bros, Contra was great too. I hated Zelda, never did well on that game. I was the sh*t on RC Pro Am, played that one til I just got tired and you could never beat it. The levels just kept getting faster. ExciteBike was the same way.

I had the same as you on Sega. Sonic the Hedgehog 2 will forever be my favorite game. Had Altered Beast as well, what was funny about that game is it could be beaten in less than 45 minutes. Street Fighter and MK & MKII were what got me into fighting games as well. Hands down I could go boss mode with Sub-Zero and Scorpion.

Arcades are a by gone era man. Kids these days don't even know what it means to leave their own house to go outside and play. I remember riding my bmx bike with friends over to the local arcades back in the day. You got some exercise and some gaming and then went home. Nowadays kids wouldn't do that, it's too much work for them.

As for being great at COD, I'm in my 5th year of it. Really man, I don't think I'm that good. What makes me a hard and tough player is the fact I move a lot. I'm never in the same place twice. Constantly moving around the map and pushing spawns. Even the people in my Clan hate playing against me. They know I'm all over the map at all times. It was worse when I was able to use the "Tactical Insertion" on MW3 and Black Ops 2. I would tac near enemies, so as soon as I die. I'd respawn right back in the battle and be up their face quickly. But people who abused the tac insert for boosting is what got it taken away on Ghosts and Advanced Warfare. Honestly though, with the fact you can jet pack all over the map in Advanced Warfare is nice. I don't miss the tac insert much, because I can still get back in the action quickly.

Like Townie, I hate cheaters in the games. It ruins it for the rest of the honest players. Like yesterday, I played against a guy that was ranked #4 in Hardcore Kill Confirmed and was glitched into a part of the map on Instinct. He went 50 and 8 and got the manticore bomb against us. You know what's funny?? Him and his team still didn't win. We still beat them, because my clan and I work as a team. I'm one of those players that doesn't care about my K/D ratio. I'm more worried about getting that Win for my team. You can talk all the smack in the world, and the 50/8 guy did talk sh*t to us. So I asked him, who won the game?? Which enraged him even more. But I told him, dude you can cheat all you want and glitch into a part of the map and kill us on our spawn. But if you're not getting tags and helping your team, you're not going to win. He had no rebuttal because he knew I was right. What's more devastating to a team?? Going 50 and 8 with 4 tags confirmed like him, or going 35 and 28 with 33 tags confirmed like me?? I alone can collect half of the tags required to win a match(first to 65 tags wins). So while the guy with the super awesome K/D ratio looks cool, look at his Win/Loss ratio. It's a proven fact that I win 80% of all games I play in, my Win/Loss ratio shows it.

It's a fact that even shocks my Clan. One guy was saying to me the other day, that damn dude if we played 10 games, you'll win 8 of them. I told him, I hate losing and I hate seeing my team lose. You can beat the sh*t out of me but if you don't win the war and I do, for me that's the ultimate win. It's the ultimate bragging rights.

"it ain't about how hard you can hit, it's about how hard you can get hit and keep coming back for more."
    Sounds like you have been playing video games as long as me and started around the same time. I am just amazed how far they have come from back in the day. I figured they were going to evolve, but not this fast. If you compare a game like Super Mario Bros to what we have now, it is amazing! I can’t imagine what video games will be like in another 20+ years. Excitebike…forgot about that and was one of my favorites; started learning to ride dirtbikes at like 6 years old, so Excitebike was so awesome to me. Yeah I do not think that game ever ended; same with Rc-pro Am the game just kept getting harder. Funny thing is I think how we had no memory cards and either left our NES on, or started all over from beginning.

Sonic the Hedgehog really changing things up for me at that time. Coming from the NES I was amazed by the graphics of the Genesis and Sonic showed me how fast they were able to keep those graphics up.

Sad that arcades are a thing of the past now. That was where kids used to go to hang out and meet real people and make real friends. Now kids sit on their asses and make online friends that they most likely will never meet or know the true person. Same as you if I wanted to go to the arcade I got on my bike and pedaled. I saw so much of my city that way and got exercise as that is pretty much all me and my friends did; ride bikes everywhere. To me it is kind of sad what I see now because I rarely see kids doing stuff like that now.

Don't be so modest man! Seriously beating any Call of Duty on hardened or veteran is insanely hard! I remember it was basically one hit and you were dead and considering how many enemies can come at you at one moment that is impressive....take it from a guy that has played video games all my life! I've actually become a wuss nowadays and tend to keep settings on "normal" so I can just go in and have fun without the stress. I'll still always play a game till I beat it though and then maybe do it on the next harder mode. In last 10 years only game I gave up on beating was the new Twisted Metal...such a hard game. You ever played those? That game and Tekken along with them released on the Playstation change things for me all over from Sega Genesis.

During my crazy Halo days where we were determined to get #1 on two vs two my cousin had a similar strategy like you; we never cared who got the kills as long as we won. He was a expert sniper and I was always good head to head, so I would go in and he would cover me and snipe for me; worked well and we had a blast for years. Again, the cheaters ruined it for me as I hate cheaters too! I just don't get why people get satisfaction of winning when they clearly cheated...what is the victory in that (especially because no money was on the line). Basically now why I look for games with good single player story modes.
    Last edited by bulldog; Tue Jan 20th, 2015 at 08:05 AM.
    Bulldog's Motto: F*ck around and I'm going to bite you!!!

New Call of Duty Announced: WWII

Appears to be more like the old school Call of Duty's that started the series....I am excited (This may be what BK likes)

P.S. Currently playing through Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare and it's not too bad; mainly in space...worth the $20 I paid.
    Last edited by bulldog; Thu Apr 27th, 2017 at 08:39 AM.
    Bulldog's Motto: F*ck around and I'm going to bite you!!!