Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Hey Clovis, I'm selling my Ducati

Re: Hey Clovis, I'm selling my Ducati

Quote Originally Posted by Jmetz View Post
    I would've banned you townie. Ej and Sean if you guys are going to continue take it to PM please.
    dont tell me what to do, he started it, besides messenger wouldn't ethical cause then nobody can see how much of a hero and good guy he is.

looovveeee yyyyooouuu

OK... but what about this Duc, Bashed?

Once I get the house thing finalized, I may be looking.
    Do not put off living the life you dream of. Next year may never come. If we are always waiting for something to change...
    Retirement, the kids to leave home, the weather or the economy, that's not living. That's waiting!
    Waiting will only leaves us with unrealized dreams and empty wishes.

Exposed Member Lifetime Supporter Bashed's Avatar

Go back and read my first few sentences, and think first before throwing me under the bus. My only real concern is his and other persons well being, nothing more, nothing less.
    I would be the first to accept someone calling me out if I was riding way over my head or as reckless as Clovis has been the last few years IMO.
    I guess I'm old school and can take some criticism if warranted. All this coddling isn't going to help the guy change his behavior, it's like giving someone timeout in their room full of video games. Soooooo, either get onboard with responsible riding, or get out. like I said, there is a time and a place to speed, slicing up other road users and scaring the hell out of other people isn't it. Slicing up Black Canyon, McClure Pass, etc with little to nobody around, or stunting in a open parking lot is the way to go.
    After it is all said and done, looking back I want to be able to survive to an old age while having some good stories to tell the younger generation.
    Clovis feel free to PM me anytime if you want, or not.

My bike is a white 2012 Ducati Multistrada Touring S if interested Salsashark.
    I can send pictures when you get serious.
    * Bash, Bashasaurus, Ms Bash, his neighbors or friends are not responsible for any incidents, accidents, or accusations, that might result from you being squidish, squid like, squirting ink, or waving your non-covered tentacles about in a squidy fashion. Nor is he or his associates responsible for any citations as a result of you hanging with SoCo. Any attempt to coerce, blame, question, or pin your loser-riffic behavior on any of us, or those who are considered us for the night, as well as people we like, to include Salma Hayek and Nicky Hayden, among others, will result in a profanity stricken series of post that mock and taunt you incessantly, as well as many of us adding such insults to our signature lines. Avoid taking SoCo before bedtime. Do not use if you experience faintness, dizziness, inverness, difficulty urinating or blotchy skin. If I steal a line, quote, avatar or image from a post you make on the internet, you're not getting credit.*

Well I think it's fair to say we've beaten the dead horse...I think I have a solution to this whole disagreement.

First let me make sure I understand the sides - side 1 says Clovis rode like a nut a lot of the time and needs to chill the fk out, some even went so far as to tell him not to ever get another bike.

Side 2 said chill out side 1, there is a time and a place and right after someone wrecks and is laying in a bed is not the time to bring up their riding style and it's relation to the wreck.

Side 1 retorted with pointing out sometimes you need to say something to someone in order to prevent them from getting really hurt or dying, and that they weren't trying to be dicks they were just speaking truth.

Then there were 2 other sides, or 2 other people really, who went at each other like it was a fifth grade playground insult contest. I won't try to explain their points, cause it's unrelated to my next point and I'm not sure I got their points anyway.

Anyway my point is, it sounds like the only way to really solve this whole thing is get out and ride our fucking bikes together.

I'm not usually a group ride kind of guy, cause I think they're generally more dangerous, which is hypocritical seeing as I was one of the ones defending some of Clovis's riding moves.

So why don't we all, everyone on this post and anyone else who cares or who knew Clovis, come out and let's ride together - we can call it a "Ride for Clovis" day or something stupid like that. We can let those who wanted to call out Clovis to ride safer, set the pace on the way out and let all the nutters realize it's not a bad way to ride. Then on the way back we can let some of the nutters lead, and see which of the conservative, ride responsibly folk get the bug and keep up, and see which ones bail out to live another day. Hows that sound?

And we could let Grim and Ezzy hug it out at lunch, or punch it out in a safe environment, whichever they feel like doing after getting the stress out via a fun ride with friends.

This weekend sucks, too much rain. It's out. Next weekend is too soon possibly with Sturgis, plus we want to give everyone time to tell their wives their going riding for most of a Saturday or Sunday. So how about August 20th, a saturday? We'll all get together somewhere central, and go for a nice ride. Since everyone on this post is so opinionated about how others should ride (hey I'm talking about me too!), hopefully we're all decent enough riders to make it a good group of guys..and girls, hopefully their are some good girl riders who wanna join. Not too big of a group, just the ones who've been riding for a long time and basically the ones who knew Clovis.

We could get a group pic at the end and send it to Clovis, might help him heal a bit faster knowing he has so many people this interested in his well being!

Who's in?

Route TBD, but I'm thinking something central and flowy. We'll ride out somewhere, grab a bite, and ride back. Starting point will be somewhere awesome, away from where all the other groups always meet up to ride. like I said, TBD. Just wanna see who's in first?

We'll call it the "Ride The Pace For Clovis" ride or, I'm open to ideas or whatever.

Last but not least, I heard someone call out someone for riding a cruiser in this thread? Hopefully nobody will bring a cruiser to this ride - but with that said, since this is about Clovis, anyone who knew or rode with him will know that while he wasn't on a cruiser he wasn't always on what you'd call a "sport bike." Shit, when I first met him I think he was rocking an FJR and basically was getting his knee down on the sweepers. I liked that nutter right away.

P

Gold Member

Quote Originally Posted by BikesRider777 View Post
    Well I think it's fair to say we've beaten the dead horse...I think I have a solution to this whole disagreement.

First let me make sure I understand the sides - side 1 says Clovis rode like a nut a lot of the time and needs to chill the fk out, some even went so far as to tell him not to ever get another bike.

Side 2 said chill out side 1, there is a time and a place and right after someone wrecks and is laying in a bed is not the time to bring up their riding style and it's relation to the wreck.

Side 1 retorted with pointing out sometimes you need to say something to someone in order to prevent them from getting really hurt or dying, and that they weren't trying to be dicks they were just speaking truth.

Then there were 2 other sides, or 2 other people really, who went at each other like it was a fifth grade playground insult contest. I won't try to explain their points, cause it's unrelated to my next point and I'm not sure I got their points anyway.

Anyway my point is, it sounds like the only way to really solve this whole thing is get out and ride our fucking bikes together.

I'm not usually a group ride kind of guy, cause I think they're generally more dangerous, which is hypocritical seeing as I was one of the ones defending some of Clovis's riding moves.

So why don't we all, everyone on this post and anyone else who cares or who knew Clovis, come out and let's ride together - we can call it a "Ride for Clovis" day or something stupid like that. We can let those who wanted to call out Clovis to ride safer, set the pace on the way out and let all the nutters realize it's not a bad way to ride. Then on the way back we can let some of the nutters lead, and see which of the conservative, ride responsibly folk get the bug and keep up, and see which ones bail out to live another day. Hows that sound?

And we could let Grim and Ezzy hug it out at lunch, or punch it out in a safe environment, whichever they feel like doing after getting the stress out via a fun ride with friends.

This weekend sucks, too much rain. It's out. Next weekend is too soon possibly with Sturgis, plus we want to give everyone time to tell their wives their going riding for most of a Saturday or Sunday. So how about August 20th, a saturday? We'll all get together somewhere central, and go for a nice ride. Since everyone on this post is so opinionated about how others should ride (hey I'm talking about me too!), hopefully we're all decent enough riders to make it a good group of guys..and girls, hopefully their are some good girl riders who wanna join. Not too big of a group, just the ones who've been riding for a long time and basically the ones who knew Clovis.

We could get a group pic at the end and send it to Clovis, might help him heal a bit faster knowing he has so many people this interested in his well being!

Who's in?

Route TBD, but I'm thinking something central and flowy. We'll ride out somewhere, grab a bite, and ride back. Starting point will be somewhere awesome, away from where all the other groups always meet up to ride. like I said, TBD. Just wanna see who's in first?

We'll call it the "Ride The Pace For Clovis" ride or, I'm open to ideas or whatever.

Last but not least, I heard someone call out someone for riding a cruiser in this thread? Hopefully nobody will bring a cruiser to this ride - but with that said, since this is about Clovis, anyone who knew or rode with him will know that while he wasn't on a cruiser he wasn't always on what you'd call a "sport bike." Shit, when I first met him I think he was rocking an FJR and basically was getting his knee down on the sweepers. I liked that nutter right away.

P
    we have not yet begun to beat the dead horse!

Quote Originally Posted by #1Townie View Post
    we have not yet begun to beat the dead horse!
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"So live your life so the fear of death can never enter your heart. Trouble no one about their religion; respect others in their views, and demand that they respect yours. Love your life, perfect your life, beautify all things in your life. Seek to make your life long and of service to your people. Prepare a noble death song for the day when you go over the great divide.
    "

"Finish today what others won't, so you can achieve tomorrow what others can't."

I'm pumped... Let's let the healing begin! Lifetime Supporter ~Barn~'s Avatar

I didn't read all of this. Is this the BBQ thread?
    ~Brandon~
    Aprilia RSV 1000 R Factory - "Gemma"
    MV Agusta F3 800 - "Amy Lou"
    Rattan Fat Bear Plus - "Lynda"
    (720) 935-6438
    I rarely think of motorcycles without a little yearning. They are about moving, and humans, I think, yearn to move – it’s in our cells, in our desires. We quiet our babies with cyclic movement, and we quiet ourselves by going.
    Melissa Holbrook Pierson

No reason to let the dead horse go to waste, fire up the grill!
    "On my steel horse I ride"
    2013 CBR1000RR, 20769 Miles

Gold Member

Quote Originally Posted by ~Barn~ View Post
    well something got roasted. nit sure if you want to eat it. lol

Quote Originally Posted by Bashed View Post
    My bike is a white 2012 Ducati Multistrada Touring S if interested Salsashark.
    I can send pictures when you get serious.

Quote Originally Posted by ~Barn~ View Post

Do not put off living the life you dream of. Next year may never come. If we are always waiting for something to change...
    Retirement, the kids to leave home, the weather or the economy, that's not living. That's waiting!
    Waiting will only leaves us with unrealized dreams and empty wishes.

Keeper of The Great White Buffalo

So did this ride happen? If not I propose doing it this weekend.

Broker Associate RE/MAX Alliance
    A business built on referrals